( search forums )
1.3.1: Bugs Submission Thread
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Keron Cyst
December 10, 2005, 12:21 am
Please move this into the News forum if possible.

1. The Geologist said he got a Multi Kill X2 in a 1 vs. 1 against me (no, respawn is not set to 1 second; it was all through grenades, and yet the F1 Kill List said he only had 2 kills at the time).
2. I had a sniper rifle and I threw the knife a few times and it turned into a sniper rifle when I threw it (just a li'l over a tap, nothing much).
3. The knife jams more now (won't reload or let you change weapon; must throw it), and it invariably jams every time you pick it up while changing from your other weapon to Fists.
4. I need to put a Santa hat on my avatar.

Submit discovered bugs here!

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 12:53 am
a bug section already?..

you are tha sort of man i hate.

Vijchtidoodah
December 10, 2005, 12:58 am
Wtf HHH. Lay off, Keron is trying to help.

Edit: By the way, thanks Keron.

The Geologist
December 10, 2005, 1:12 am
Yea, screw off HHH. You're the kind of person I hate with useless comments like that in a serious section of the forums. Maybe you should get banned again.

As Keron mentioned, dropping multiple nades when I get a kill (and sometimes without nades) gave me double-triple-and multi kill x 2 scores in a 1v1 match. Same number of nades produces different results at first glance.

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 1:19 am
quote:Originally posted by The GeologistYea, screw off HHH. You're the kind of person I hate with useless comments like that in a serious section of the forums. Maybe you should get banned again.

nah.. i don't think so..

but it seems to me that hes only searching for bugs,..
why not consentrate on haveing fun?

The Geologist
December 10, 2005, 1:22 am
Let's see, because this game isn't perfect and NEEDS people pointing out bugs so they can be corrected? Jesus christ, are you that stupid?

You really have no reason to object to this topic. Just sit down and be a good boy.

Edit: And because you can't read, he's not searching for bugs. I was in a server playing with him (having fun mind you), and it was I who brought a bug to his attention. The rest happened on the fly. Is that searching? No.

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 1:28 am
mr.jones sitt tak brann igår..

i don't want to argue..i bet your right, but that's how i feel. ( but i'm drunk )

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 1:30 am
One thing: Fix the knife jam! Knifes dont jam! NOPE. This shouldnt exist. Maybe weapons can jam, I can see that as an ok thing that can easily be dealth with when playing but really, no knife jams please.
I still havent played much, but you did a good job Michal. AK RULES! haha.

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 1:53 am
5. With the new spectator team, if you /setteam5 anyone, they'll magically disappear from the game. No leave message, nothing, just ejected from the game with nothing but their weapon left behind. It's kind of fun, actually. Experimenting further with this, if you're the host of the server, you can clone (get their colors, name, and secondary weapon) someone by /setteam5-ing yourself and then /setteam*-ing yourself back into the game. Nothing happens until the next person joins, and that's when you jump back into the game and become their clone.

6. The LAW still has a startup time of randomly changing length.

KeFear
December 10, 2005, 1:58 am
i just had a cool bug :D
i switched to spectator via the team change menu, went back to any team, and got a wmv bug :)
and now my map is gone, and it won't download it, as it's in the readonly.txt
cool! :)

GAMEOVER
December 10, 2005, 2:04 am
Everyone chill no ones bashing anything every version will have bugs. Id like to start by thanking MM and the beta testers for a kick ass version. Only bug ive noticed so far is that nades still wont kill dead on sometimes yet other times it will. Id like to see it fixed so its a sure on thing as a shot from any gun would be. If you didnt understand that I mean nades should provide the same outcome when hit dead on every single time just like a shot from any gun will take away health every single time. Other then that I cant think of anything, it is still early though.

The Geologist
December 10, 2005, 2:16 am
You're a player that uses nades often...did you notice anything similar to my kill message bug?

GAMEOVER
December 10, 2005, 2:26 am
I havent tested nades fully yet geo ill keep my eye out for that though and see what happens.

frogboy
December 10, 2005, 2:48 am
Trying to watch intro.sdm causes Access Violations. It only happens to that file.

shoover
December 10, 2005, 3:53 am
You think Mike can hire testers before they release the version? it might actually help

m00`
December 10, 2005, 3:59 am
quote:Originally posted by frogboyTrying to watch intro.sdm causes Access Violations. It only happens to that file.

i can confirm this :o

Keron Cyst
December 10, 2005, 4:30 am
It's proba'ly just me, but the game froze (yes, stopped functioning) for ~10 seconds when my public inf. server said "25" and "20 minutes left."

Zero72
December 10, 2005, 5:44 am
Even though it was listed as fixed, the magazine still isn't falling out of my MP5 when I reload it. Still just briefly disappears and doesn't fall to the ground.

Algernon
December 10, 2005, 5:57 am
i set my filter to "not passworded" and i still ran into quite a few 'password is needed' servers. the hit's not registering bug is still there. i'm pretty sure it's not lag as it happened more than once and it was in my own server. basically, i'd get blasted with an m79 but not die or recieve any damage.

_Mancer_
December 10, 2005, 6:11 am
Me and poop and Marbire were in a scrim, and all of a sudden Poop couldnt see his grenades. He was throwing them but he didnt see them or see explosions.

He tried leaving and comming back, but it still happened.

So he restarted soldat, and it was fine again.

Sneaky Bstard
December 10, 2005, 7:34 am
went to throw flag to teammate and it instantly disappeared and returned,havent been able to do again tho.

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 7:39 am
quote:Originally posted by Algernoni set my filter to "not passworded" and i still ran into quite a few 'password is needed' servers. the hit's not registering bug is still there. i'm pretty sure it's not lag as it happened more than once and it was in my own server. basically, i'd get blasted with an m79 but not die or recieve any damage.

Register bug.

GAMEOVER
December 10, 2005, 8:05 am
Yes its not lag, a shot, nade, w.e should register each and EVERY time regardless of lag or not. My nades that I thought were fixed really arent. They still dont kill dead on for me like they do for others they kill more so dead on for me then they did in 1.3 but I feel this is because of their power now. There is a horrible registering problem in the script/game (w/e you want to call it) and until that gets fixed everything else is kinda pointless. Everything must register, EVERY shot, EVERY nade. I heard MM is learning as he goes along and thats great but I really think this game needs to see a pro delphi scripter/writer to go through and make sure the code is right and written in the best possible way. The most important bug is this register bug until that gets fixed were not getting the full value from each and every version. MM if your reading this maybe you have a friend or know someone who can go through this script and thumb things out like this register bug and just release a quick patch for it. Instead of releaseing a whole new version lets maybe take smaller steps with smaller updates. Provide smaller updates and the bugs will develop slower and you can handle each and everyone as it comes not do all sorts of stuff get swamped with bugs fix those release another version and get swamped with even more bugs. Lets try doing updates slower but releaseing them quicker. 1-4 things at a time instead of 15+ things.

Rune
December 10, 2005, 8:07 am
Throw LAW and you will get a duplicate, forcing you to throw twice. This happens sometimes, don't really know what triggers it..

I also experienced other weird stuff I have forgotten about now because it only happened once.

Sneaky Bstard
December 10, 2005, 8:32 am
loadsa flag bug's happening,sometimes when the flagger dies and the flag drops to the floor it returns instantly :L

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 2:47 pm
Why in the world isnt the sitting bug fixed??

I was just in U13 server and I see this guy flying around with jets in a crouch position. For godsakes people. -_-

Keron Cyst
December 10, 2005, 3:53 pm
MM said he'd purposely keep it there.

Yeah, I experienced something similar to what Sneaky Bstard mentioned above.

GluLm
December 10, 2005, 3:53 pm
quote:Sneaky Bstard wrote:loadsa flag bug's happening,sometimes when the flagger dies and the flag drops to the floor it returns instantly :L

I can confirm that, this is a bit annoying. :|

person
December 10, 2005, 3:58 pm
When I initially installed 1.3.1 over the top of 1.3 and tried to play it on my less than 1 year old computer, all my menus were [CENSORED]ed. Nothing would display properly except for the actual game. I then updated my video drivers and restarted, and everything turned out ok though...

And:
the net code. I made a post before saying it was better I think, but maybe that was just an initial impression. After a bit more play in a server I don't lag on, the issue remains at LEAST just as present.

AND THE CROUCH BUG STILL REMAINS :(

-STILL- !!!

numgun
December 10, 2005, 4:08 pm
here are some bugs:

barret: start-up time.
knife: throwing is destroyed.
soldat: is now a slow-paced game

i have to say that this version is total... well, i'll let the smilies say it for me:

[CENSORED][CENSORED][CENSORED][CENSORED][CENSORED][CENSORED]

Clash
December 10, 2005, 4:08 pm
Sometimes the respawn time get's stuck at a random number and you're never born again.

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 5:08 pm
Please check for the minimum requirements of Soldat before whining.
- A PC, a keyboard, a mouse, a brain
The barrett and the knife are now more difficult to use. Yes they are.
So what? Just use our brain to overcome it.

btw I <3 the ruger. the so called "combat snipers" should try it out

b00stA
December 10, 2005, 5:48 pm
Please post all your bugs in an organized way here:
http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=29954