( search forums )
Goodbye
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
zyxstand
December 10, 2005, 2:45 am
My two prime weapons have been nerfed to the max just because the Major population of soldat was not able to learn to get amazingly percise aim and super-quick reflexes. All instincts that were at one point necessary for the survival of one in soldat are now closer to pure luck than ever before. Amazing dodge movements due to primal instincts of your enemy's aim and timing of barret or knife have been trimmed down to nothingness.

With the reasons listed above I cannot understand how one can become an adept at soldat other than relying on the ever so pathetic 'art' of spraying (though i understand that spraying beyond screen-width also has only little effect).

Until I hear of changes to the once popular game of soldat, I will cease playing what used to be my favorite game.

Goodbye,
zyxstand

LazehBoi
December 10, 2005, 2:46 am
I never liked you in the first place. Goodbye.

frogboy
December 10, 2005, 2:47 am
Good riddance.

GAMEOVER
December 10, 2005, 2:51 am
Quit whining you damn baby and learn other skills sick of you cry babies, buh bye little boy..

Rune
December 10, 2005, 3:03 am
Be more versatile is all I can say...

Anyway, good job quitting soldat. I wish I was able to do that

MisterX
December 10, 2005, 3:06 am
Once popular? Oh, I'm pretty sure Soldats popularity is just increasing.
I don't really understand your arguments. You say your 2 favorite weapons have been nerfed because people weren't able to use them as good as you can do. But this would imply that those weapons were made easier. But no weapon was made easier, only some were nerfed.
I'm very sure you're overreacting. We in the beta-team tried to balance the weapons. Neither did we nerf weapons we just hate because we suck against them or anything like that, nor has anything been done without a reason. I myself don't have a problem with any of the weapons. Some might be too easy to use, but definitely none is useless or too hard to use. So if you talk about how good you are, especially you should be good with these weapons.
Anyway, just give this version some time. Each time a new version is released people are unhappy about the changes, without even having tested them. They play a few minutes without bothering to get used to anything, then they complain. Just take your time and try to get used to the new things.
And if you really liked this game, you wouldn't just quit simply because some weapons got nerfed a bit.

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 3:08 am
zystand....No. your not leaving you [CENSORED]ing [CENSORED]

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 3:09 am
In other words: "DAMN I CAN'T JUST POINT AND CLICK ANYMORE I QUIT ;_______;"

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 3:12 am
I'm just mad that Soldat is slowed down. No speed=/yawnage

_Mancer_
December 10, 2005, 3:12 am
YES, hes finally gone!

No more stupid suggestions in the suggestion forum! Woo!!

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 3:16 am
Aw, thats sad. =(

Elemental
December 10, 2005, 3:17 am
Aw damn, you could be a lil more supportive -.-

zyxstand
December 10, 2005, 3:29 am
ive been convinced to continue playing and adjust to the new version, and cope with my nerfed weapons

frogboy
December 10, 2005, 3:30 am
[CENSORED].

Elemental
December 10, 2005, 3:33 am
44 minutes.
Dayuuummmm.

n00bface
December 10, 2005, 3:38 am
Damn why do all the whiners revert to their old selves. Now this is all going to repeat in the next version.

Zero72
December 10, 2005, 4:13 am
*applauds Quick 360 Paramud with Half Twist*

The Geologist
December 10, 2005, 4:14 am
Edit: Oh wait, you were "convinved" to come back? Pfft. Whiner forever more.

Keron Cyst
December 10, 2005, 4:26 am
I'm sure he'll come back. He posted so many ideas on swimming there's no way he'd just drop like that without experiencing withdrawal symptoms.

In that case, he might come back and read this thread again, so I'll say "zyxstand, you've obviously never used the SPAS."

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 4:32 am
Oh yes, his suggestions, oh my.
"HAY WUDN'T IT BE KOOL IF U CUD TEAR OFF UR ARM AND USE IT AS A WEPPIN?!1!"

Marbire
December 10, 2005, 4:37 am
lmao @ amazingly precise aim and superfast reflexes.....

Oh, so now that barret and knife actually take SKILL, you leave? [CENSORED] outta here!

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 4:41 am
hhahaha, quit life while your at it.

Ok
December 10, 2005, 4:47 am
Oh give me a break, there is more to Soldat than just Barret and Knife.
EVEN if the Barret and Knife were unfairly nerfed the lack of ability to play anything else prooves that Soldat doesnt have much to offer to you, or you just are not able to take more out of it.
So you're better off without it anyways.
Same as rune I envy you for your ability to quit it so easly.

I also see the amount of responses you get.
It seems that ppl here are more eager to curse one another rather then help Soldat develope or do something productive.
a full page of crap and insults, I can assure you that for each of you pricks there are 20 others to say just the same about you.

AerialAssault
December 10, 2005, 5:08 am
it took me about 4 minutes to adjust to the new barrett, i have much better aim and get much more kills with it now, especially at long ranges. I think the beta testers did an amazing job this time around, i LOVE the new version.

DeMo
December 10, 2005, 6:18 am
IMO the weapon ballance is great in this version.
But please.. that delay in the barret was NOT necessary... you can add more bink, less damage, less accuracy, less ammo, more reload time and everything else.. but that delay completely sucks.

And the knife too.. the secondary weapons were fine, no need to touch them.
The knife sucks a lot now. :(

m00`
December 10, 2005, 6:19 am
DEMO!! hi!!! i remember you from a long time ago when i was eyic lolox why dont you post often if your still around :(

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 7:24 am
- The barret seems even EASIER for me to use, the thing is dead accurate now, and is more offense-freindly then ever.

- The knife, as much as I hate what those despicable, weapon destroying beta testers have done, I can use it...ive made some sick knife throws from long distances already, you're now just limited on what the thing can reach...*PoS*

If you're going to leave because the weapon balance, then whatever, thats not much of a reason to leave. Now, if you were to leave because the netcode is STILL bugged up the arse and weak weapons + register bug, that seems fine.

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 2:37 pm
Well the barret I dont really mind. I think the delay makes people just have more accuracy. Doesnt stop the campers at all.
What was the point of this delay? It just needs to work only in prone position!! If people are walking with it it should
bink like crazy. But the startup makes no difference at all, and is a stupid idea.

The knife, well, I even too have made long range knide throws. Its pretty sweet but it wont work for you if you run out of bullets and want to pull it out. You just get demolished by bullets.

I wish Michal could change it back but hell probably end up making chainsaw and socom a startup time. Gah, the horror...

Echo_Trail
December 10, 2005, 2:39 pm
I think it's a shame how he's leaving!
I mean, it's up to you if you let yourself be annoyed by these morons, but the concept itself is kinda awfull :|
Anyway, take care dude...

headstone
December 10, 2005, 2:44 pm
Everyone [CENSORED] off. The "dispicable" beta testers did a fine job.

MisterX
December 10, 2005, 3:07 pm
Hahaha, EnEsCe
I recall your post in my "Adding a delay to the knife - opinions?" thread:
quote:Originally posted by EnEsCeif knife ever gets changed, I would quit.

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 3:26 pm
I swear its sarcasm xD I would never part from my precious soldat <3
and I posted that before I found the power of the LAW.

numgun
December 10, 2005, 4:24 pm
im glad that theres the WM existing from the amazing previous version is still here.
but the knife is horrible now ;(
zyxstand, dont quit. just play soldat with WM of the 1.3 version :)

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 4:55 pm
zyxstand, you're a stupid girl.

zyxstand
December 10, 2005, 5:17 pm
ok, i'm not trying to brag here or anything, but the fact that i almost always came out on top in a knife-only death match does prove that it takes predictability skillz and good aim.

my main problem just lies within the fact that this is the first time that michal implemented a form of weapon-balance that realistically doesn't make ANY sense. how can a person not be able to pull a trigger instantly at will!? and how is it realistic that a person takes 1.5 seconds (or w.e) to move his arm back and throw it. the previous delay in knife was much more realistic!

Ok is so far the only one who has looked at it from a broader perspective in understanding the main issue here. (it was never about me leaving, but rather about me complaining about the 2 nerfed weps). also, all ruger-lovers have also been screwed witht he new delay.

thnx numgun for the encouragement, but we can't be playing in 1.3 old servers - we... must... move... on.

b00stA
December 10, 2005, 5:35 pm
Hey zyxstand, you ok with me banning you for about 1 month so you don't just come back again like people did before?

Just checking.

MisterX
December 10, 2005, 5:37 pm
It's simple maths zyxstand:
Soldat = A game
A game = unrealistic

Soldat = unrealistic
As long as it's fun to play and balanced, there's no need for having to care about realism

Chakra`
December 10, 2005, 5:37 pm
It wasn't more realistic for knife as it was in 1.3. Knife throwing is a hobby of mine, and I can safely say it takes a good 1.5 seconds to do a decent throw. It's not some quick flick-of-the-wrist thing, you have to get the angle of your arm perfectly vertical, while having split second control of all the small muscles in your arm, wrist, and hand. So hows that for realism for you?

Also, as for the barret. Use your imagination. It's a sniper weapon, so how about it's just 'symbolic' of how a sniper confirms his aim before firing, like any good sniper would.

..I warned ya guv. You ain't the first or last to be 'horrified' by sudden and relatively dramatic changes, only then to slowly find yourself accepting them. You just have to get used to it, which isn't something you do instantly, or even overnight.

On a final thought....if this thread isn't about you leaving, why is it called 'Goodbye' ?

n00bface
December 10, 2005, 5:54 pm
No, I'm a ruger lover and I use knife as my secondary weapon. I haven't changed with this new release, because I'm not afraid of the slightly bigger challenge that comes with wielding them now. I understand you don't like challenges, so maybe you should leave soldat anyways???

Sakae
December 10, 2005, 6:03 pm
I doesn't like the new version of soldat, the best version of soldat was
1.2.1, on sodlat 1.3.1 the deagles sucks, 4 hits to kill (realistic mode) that just sucks! and the knife is bugy. if you are trying to thorw the knife (with lag) it won't get thorwn long, cuz the lag makes the thorw charge to start over and over again, so you cant thorw the knife long anymore, weapons with less bullets in a clip shall be powerful, but not as powerfu las ruger 77. the new version is crap. I got realy disapointed when I tested soldat 1.3.1 I tough it would be good, but it wasn't....

well well, I have been avable to play all of michals updates, so I think I can get used to this new sucky version

Veronica
December 10, 2005, 6:54 pm
Seems like alot of people love to jump to conclusions, I strongly disbelieve that it takes 1 day to judge several weeks work. Spend the same amount of time Michael did and the beta testers did playing it as you are before you judge it. Now if we can get the lil pistol to require that you hold down a button 10 milliseconds before it fire it would be great :p

bond_james_bond
December 10, 2005, 7:15 pm
1.3.1 is excellent --

And we all care that you decided to quit Soldat. The world must know now. Congratulations, you've found a cure for AIDS and world hunger has ended!

solohan50
December 10, 2005, 7:58 pm
Actually, if any of you read the whole thread, he said he was quitting soldat and then came back in 44 minutes, which is getting close to some kind of record. As for all of you who are crying about the barret and the knife, I can tell you that they both work fine, you just have to refine your strategy a little bit. Also, if you want to cry about the nerfing of weapons, try using Steyr/LAW throughout 1.2.1 then having the change to 1.3. I did the same thing you guys did when they nerfed my combo. I b!tched, complained, and cried worse than Mancer is about his precious ruger. I hated the changes so badly that I even switched my weapons completely, and didn't touch the Steyr for a couple months. But after awhile, I picked up the Steyr again and, low and behold, it worked great, I just had to adjust my playing style a bit. Once I got the hang of it, I found the Steyr to be an awesome gun with great potential, I just needed to get used to it and learn its quirks to understand how and where it's useful. Imagine what would happen if everyone gave up right away because it wasn't easy to do something. What would've happened if you'd decided when you were little that walking was too hard, and you'd rather just crawl everywhere because walking wasn't as easy as you'd expected. What if you quit your job everytime the job changed a little and you weren't used to it? What if you had given up on Soldat 44 minutes after you started playing it because you couldn't instantly own people like you have in other games? The moral of this story is stop crying and take the changes as a challenge. Once you live up to the challenge, you'll find yourself a much better player overall, and that's a reward in itself.

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 8:02 pm
why not go get 1.3 or 1.2.1 and just play those, their are plenty of people playing those

don't be a [CENSORED]ing cry baby, cause barret got nerfed, it was my primary too, I'm just gunna use HK MP5 now, cause I can still use from when I used it back in the day.

So [CENSORED] off you dumb [CENSORED]

Sakae
December 10, 2005, 8:04 pm
solohan50 that was a good speech, you mom should be proud of you ^^

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 8:19 pm
Zyxstand just came into U13 southeast not too long ago.
LYING PoS.

Marine
December 10, 2005, 10:05 pm
Yes, this thread is a prime example of what the Soldat Community has become. The whiner and the jerks.

You guys seriously need lives. At least try to act like you're not an insecure video game nerd?

BTW: Soldat is fine.

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 10:57 pm
Hmm... he did say hes not quitting. Anyways barret is still just as easy I think, same with the law change from 1.2.1 - 1.3 Just try more guns, they are all alot more fun than barret I think.

Marbire
December 11, 2005, 1:40 am
quote:Originally posted by zyxstand
my main problem just lies within the fact that this is the first time that michal implemented a form of weapon-balance that realistically doesn't make ANY sense. how can a person not be able to pull a trigger instantly at will!? and how is it realistic that a person takes 1.5 seconds (or w.e) to move his arm back and throw it. the previous delay in knife was much more realistic!

Yeah, and realistically you would die from a single AK bullet to the chest. Or any bullet. Oh, and soldiers don't have jetboots.

More skill=more fun.