( search forums )
1.3.1 Positive feedback thread
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Ok
December 10, 2005, 4:43 am
Well since everyone are so easy to judge and fast to whine (faster thn me, like OMG)

I decided to start a GOOD and POSITIVE thread.
:)
So the thing I realy like about the new version.
Is :

1- To see so many m79ers blow themselves up trying to boost :D thx to the new and buffed self damage.
2- The new knife, that actualy requirs skill and practice and cannot be used as a main weapon so easly.
3- The fact that Deagles are now once again usable, dunno what it is, but something makes more De shots actualy register !
4- The new maps , its new, its colorful and I like it.
5- The nerfed ruger! you need to aim before you shoot! and not just shoot fast knowning you have 4 of them.
6- The NEW and MOST DESIRED change that makes the bullets loose power after 1 screen! (yay! no more spraying wuhu!)

I managed to play several games with players I know who used to spray and camp on regular bases!
one of them turned from AK to other weapons and the other stopped shooting off screen completly and in some point tried other weapons as well.

I'm starting to see positive changes so soon hopefully there will be some more in the future.

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 4:48 am
the secret ownage command was easy to 'find' :)
Barret may finally R.I.P
New maps are actually good this time.
Now we can spray over campers that are behind hills because of the bullet speed loss.
Clans cant be cheap and use M79 boosting to scab caps in CW's :D

Ok
December 10, 2005, 4:55 am
Actualy they can, its still usefull only now its easier to kill them due to loss of health and therefor harder to perform. (boosting to get to a flagger is still easy enough)

However, the command! I forgot about it ^_^
Yes I love that new feature and look forword to using it.
For all of you who don't know, its /pwn (so I was told)
I hope I didn't reveal something I shouldn't have :S

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 4:58 am
Wasnt really secret since one of the beta testers told everyone >_>

oh great, now im getting an error loading bush2.bmp for every map, yay!

AerialAssault
December 10, 2005, 5:02 am
I played for 3 hours in a row tonight. I absolutely love it. It is the best version yet. The self bink is now at the perfect amount. The barrett seems more balanced now, but i acually did better with it because of the delay. My only gripe, is that i think the knife was crippled too much. But I hardly ever used the knife anyway so this doesnt really affect my experience.

Judge_Man
December 10, 2005, 5:10 am
It just OWNSS and m79 boosting is still easy and the new commands is so cool

No negative points for me in this patch.

GAMEOVER
December 10, 2005, 5:27 am
I thought I loved this game before but im way more into it now I will be playing a LOT more. MM / Beta Testers KEEP this weapon balance its so perfect! Dont take a step back keep it, it wont get any better not by much anyway. I love the ruger now its strong like it should be and slower like it should be to encourage precise shooting. The deagles untouched was a good idea, you can probably let off 3 shots before a ruger lets off 2 giving extreme deagle users a fair ground against their fellow semi-auto users. Autos are perfect. The barret is perfect, lets see all you barret users who claimed your so pro with it still be a threat with it, I doubt ill see 9 out of 10 of you using it. Knife is awesome would be nice if you could hold it down then release it when you wanted but that could work againt it to I might actually pick this up again. Cant comment about how much im loving this version and I can honestly say I am NOT looking forward to the next version I really dont wanna see it for a long LONG time lol.

Zero72
December 10, 2005, 5:39 am
Even I, the stubborn [CENSORED], really like this version. The weapon balance is probably the best I've seen it. And the new command is just aces. I'm quite pleased.

Source
December 10, 2005, 5:40 am
Yes, this patch is amazing.
i really like that you can pick to spectate when choosing a team.

The Geologist
December 10, 2005, 5:40 am
As a beta tester, I gotta say I loved some of the testing versions that led up to this release, so I have nothing but good things to say about this version:
*<3 barret delay, and knife is still sexy
*AK feels solid, and the Styer is once again my favorite auto
*I feel at least 35% sexier by /pwning
*Nades more responsive than 1.3

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 7:35 am
Only pros I see in this version are /pwn, the new features added like change team to spectate, The Law bug which derived from this version was fixed. Thats all I can think of that I like about this version. I gave the weapon balance some time, I re-adapted, I cant say I like it more then I love 1.2.1 balance.

Mm, Ctf_Voland was fixed. No more death polys INSIDE bases. :D

Rune
December 10, 2005, 8:21 am
I simply like all of the new changes in 1.3.1 (except for all of the new bugs ofcourse, but I try to convince myself they weren't put there deliberately)

My favourite change is the knife though. I simply hated all those godawful knives flying around everywhere in 1.3. Secondaries seem to be more balanced overall (although the 1.2.1 secondary balance was perfect in my oppinion...)

frogboy
December 10, 2005, 8:34 am
quote:Originally posted by Rune(except for all of the new bugs ofcourse, but I try to convince myself they weren't put there deliberately)
Nah, he adds them deliberately based on how many people whine when the previous version is released.

Rune
December 10, 2005, 8:38 am
Knew it

ThaD
December 10, 2005, 9:24 am
"1- To see so many m79ers blow themselves up trying to boost :D thx to the new and buffed self damage."

you mean m79 wannabies, pro m79 users barely take any damage while jumping

Chakra`
December 10, 2005, 10:10 am
I think the best thing about 1.3.1, is my suprise. For a while the old beta team just wasn't really doing much for so long, and when we got the new beta team it took 'em a while to sink in and get into the feel of things. There was some minor arguements on balance and alot more quirky bugs found by the new guys, but man...they really pulled through with Michal and cleaned this game up nicely. I barely had to rant at all. Relatively.

Very nice job all round.

ThaD
December 10, 2005, 10:38 am
http://dranon.republika.pl/screenshot20.jpg xD

Aquarius
December 10, 2005, 11:29 am
Honestly speaking guys, M79 jumping is not a bit harder for me. Especially because I do nade + m79 combo in most cases, which is 3x more effective than the traditional m79 jumps.

Anyway, I think the new weapon balance is close to perfect and more pr0 ;) Good job.

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 2:37 pm
quote:Originally posted by ThaDhttp://dranon.republika.pl/screenshot20.jpg xD

Looks like somone needs new beta testers =\

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 2:38 pm
Ahahahahahah. ^^^

pLaT
December 10, 2005, 2:56 pm
hm, I actually like this soldat version, it requires skill for almost (lol) every weapon.. At first, I didn't like what you've done with knife, but then I realized it was better to the whole community.. The weird thing is, what happened to spas, c'mon, it's way too powerfull imo.. The new maps are sweeT :k
Oh, and I loveeeeeee the new command, rotfl :D /me *Dances*

Pr0p3r
December 10, 2005, 3:20 pm
So, actually i love the throwing strengh function when using the knife. it's funny to see players running at you with knife, but then they need too long to throw it and die of your bullets...h3h3...

Hercule Poirot
December 10, 2005, 3:25 pm
quote:Originally posted by ThaDhttp://dranon.republika.pl/screenshot20.jpg xD

^^

rabidhamster
December 10, 2005, 10:10 pm
"My only gripe, is that i think the knife was crippled too much..."

YOU RUINED THE THREAD! HOW COULD YOU?!

i love the new version, although is it really 1.3.1, and not 1.31? anyway, what i love about 1.3.1:

- the new maps, blox is the best
- /secret, do that a lot after killing someone in ctf, so easy to use with its shortness of command length and animation time
- overall gameplay is sooo much better
- the new parachute was hard to get used to at first, but now it rocks, with it's stripes and stuff
- the new chainsaw is so awsome
- it's just so damn cool!