( search forums )
Two small questions about whats new in 1.3.1
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Chakra`
December 10, 2005, 3:25 pm

Just been playing a few random games here and there and liking the obvious changes so far.

But theres a few more discreet changes in the list that i'm not too sure as to what they mean..

- Added png and jpg files are supported by the file download system

So, whats that for exactly. Do maps now support jpg's?

....and....

- Modified fixes in maps: ctf_Equinox, ctf_Voland, ctf_B2b + all maps recompiled with PolyWorks

..ain't got round to checking all the maps. If anyone would kindly mention the changes made before I eventually find out myself, just for curiousity and conversation's sake, that'd be grand.

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 3:27 pm
Yes, maps now support jpgs and pngs.

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 3:28 pm
B2b maps now have large spikes at the edge of the roof so people cant get up there. But I can ;D Hahahaha. Just cant get the flag anymore and boost map anymore for fun XD

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 3:28 pm
I think the spawns have been repositioned and the maps compiled with pw.

Chakra`
December 10, 2005, 3:40 pm
Cool, so all those big-scenery maps can finally be playable online with jpg or png images instead of bmp's.

About time too, 'cos theres some pretty maps out there dying to be played.

Michal
December 10, 2005, 3:41 pm
The maps were compiled in PW to remove any random bouncy polygons, although vertex related bugs will still be there. (unless fixed manually)

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 3:54 pm
Great.. bugless maps.

Keron Cyst
December 10, 2005, 4:07 pm
Maps... but not MM / MM+! ;-(

And don't you mean the game, not just maps? So we can use .PNGs for everything now...

Kazuki
December 10, 2005, 4:11 pm
Also, some polygons were added and removed from those maps. I know that in Voland, the slope has been adjusted on the ledges that are right above the flags in each base. Also, I think that something was done to ceiling in B2b, but I'm not quite sure. I have no idea about Equinox. I have yet to play it this version.