( search forums )
Need help with shading
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Modding help
ZiggyK
December 10, 2005, 3:43 pm
I can make pretty good guns and whatnot but when it comes to shading I SUCK! It either looks like a bunch of assorted pixeled dots all over or it still just looks like a solid color.Could you guys give me any tips?

NOTE:This is in the general discussion I put it there by accident so don't get mad because I accidently put it in the wrng place

Keron Cyst
December 11, 2005, 2:08 am
What shading style do you want to take after? If you want to go for the very simplest way (mine ;-D) which can be done in Paint, just eyedrop the base color that you want to shade.

Depending on the method of shading (horizontal or vertical), paint a row/column of pixels with a lower Lum # (Colors --> Edit Colors --> Define Custom Colors).

Depending on how much space you are given to work with or how drastic you want the shading to be lower Lum by 10, 20, or 30 for every row/column of pixels back you go.

ETA Capt. Meisseli
December 11, 2005, 9:17 am
At first u should use paint. And magnify the great mod makers guns. And then learn how he is doing it. WHere are the pixels. Then when u have the talent of copying styles u can develop ur own. Thats how i got into this.