Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 5:36 pm
Same.

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 6:12 pm
Yep.

Michal
December 10, 2005, 6:18 pm
I think it solved all the problems with the barrett.

bond_james_bond
December 10, 2005, 7:16 pm
At least now, Barret is actually used for sniping...

GAMEOVER
December 10, 2005, 7:44 pm
1 word, perfection.

solohan50
December 10, 2005, 7:47 pm
only problem i see with it is i think the newbies are gonna start migrating to the m79 now. i dunno about the rest of you, but i've noticed more and more that i'm finding servers infested with all m79s. but i do like what they did with the barret. a good player can still use it effectively (just like the knife), but it's not uber easy to pick up and own with it.

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 7:49 pm
Its still pretty effective. I think the reason is because barret has a straight shot, so a delay wont affect it as much as say, m79 and Law, since they have sloped shots.

But, so far everyone has run away from it. I was playing with some good players, and we can still use it pretty good after a hour of practicing. But as long as the general percentage of players using it decreases, thats a good thing.

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 7:52 pm
I actually got used to it, not that I use it much anymore because I used it for more a combat style than a sniper advantage by camping. I actually noticed an increase in DEAGLES and AK's.

A lot of just spamming with them on close and long range maps.

I think M79 should get a delay. Spaz seems a bit overpowered now, I mean I was a good screen length away from this guy and died in 1 shot, thats seems a bit off.

All in all very good.

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 9:15 pm
I like it. It is short but gives a bit more time to adjust your aim before you fire.

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 9:30 pm
I think it was over nerfed. They added more bink and start up time..
It now does not need that extra bink.

And since you can no longer use a quick reaction reflex with it, it's nearly useless.

I think they did overnerf it a bit.
But, it gave me a new weapon to learn so ahh well.

But, expect to see the m79 used %150 more..

It's very hard to camp and snipe with it taking into account bullet travel time and delay... I myself am having trouble with aiming it. I keep on leading off when I should just be continuously tracking it.

AerialAssault
December 10, 2005, 9:39 pm
I think its good in that it makes it less newbie friendly, but its still a good weapon for what it's meant to do. Defense.

FliesLikeABrick
December 10, 2005, 10:50 pm
how many people who posted here actually use the barret?

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 10:58 pm
I use all guns, whatever tickles me fancy. Barret is still easy as hell.

Deleted User
December 11, 2005, 12:30 am
I use it quite often

GAMEOVER
December 11, 2005, 12:36 am
tbh, i dont think its nerfed enough now that i played with it all day.

shoover
December 11, 2005, 12:41 am
Barret should have a small delay

Everybody that says newbies will switch to barret/m79 like solohan, are complete retards, seriously if they are [CENSORED], how come mike still has them up? you guys need to realize something, though i dont like barret and camping, i still go for it. barreting takes a while to reload, m79 has a very good gravity pull + a delay. So you need to realzie that those weapons are as fair as the rest of the game

Deleted User
December 11, 2005, 1:31 am
Hey shoover.

M79 doesn't have a delay.

So before you act all high and mighty, how about you get your facts right?

Keron Cyst
December 11, 2005, 2:10 am
The excess MovementAcc was not needed IMO. Everything else is fine.

Maka
December 12, 2005, 1:55 pm
It turned it back into a sniper rifle instead of a close range intstant killer, which is ok except there should be more long range maps like lagrande to Accommodate for people cause there's always a little sniper in all of us. Cept for the chainsaw people. You scare me. im watching you saw 'n nades. Stay on your side of b2b, and I'll stay on mine, k?

shoover
December 15, 2005, 2:53 pm
When the LAW had a delay it was fair.

When barret has delay, its peaceful.

I LOVE BARRET DELAY!!!! NOW LETS DO SOMETHING BOUT THAT RUGER!

mike323
December 15, 2005, 4:34 pm
I think all instant-killing weapons-barrat, m79, law, should have a delay

the law already does and thats good, but i still extremely hate the m79

Keron Cyst
December 15, 2005, 6:58 pm
Yes! Delay on M79 would be perfect. Then all those people can see why I hate the LAW delay (not because of the actual StartupTime itself but because of server lag) :-D

Deleted User
December 15, 2005, 7:24 pm
Thats on in Leos servers and that work perfectly

Antifate
December 15, 2005, 11:50 pm
... m79 delay would make MILLIONS of barretards. The only thing m79 has better than barret right now is explosive damage and no delay. Add delay and everyone who likes 1-shot-kills will flock to the barret. Do you even THINK before you post?

Deleted User
December 16, 2005, 12:56 am
To be honest, The Barret seems better. Ive been using it alot to counter the new wave of m79tards, the thing is bloody accurate, and the trick to it now to get easy shots is to line your self up in the enemy's path and then fire, so you dont have to focus on trying to drag your cursor as you aim.

I can offensive barretard with it just as good as I could before, now im just more accurate, with a law to make up for any quick encounters which the delay would totally screw me over with. GG.

GARAoftheDESERT
December 16, 2005, 2:49 pm
I noticed most of these changes in 1.3.1 so it seams this thread is now "how much more nerfing can we do?"

Is it practical to nerf a gun so much that you can't even use it?

I say, give the barretards their reflex shot, but it would only work if it hit your head. A barret with headshots only would mean you have to think about how you are shoting and would make it a sniper rifle once more.

Raptor
December 16, 2005, 8:51 pm
It's the best :D

TheRelinquished
December 18, 2005, 7:03 pm
Initial reaction--:<

Secondary reaction--:/

Final reaction--:|

It's best for the game, methinks.

Enray
December 20, 2005, 7:46 pm
The M79 is definetly more than the barret now, cause if you miss with the barret you have to wait about 12 seconds before you can shoot again. I prefer the spas.