( search forums )
Bullet suggestion
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 5:35 pm
when i play online, bullets afe flying everywhere. it should be possible to mod the bullets so they bare the colors of they'r team.
like when a red guy fires a bullet, then the bullet is green.

and MM should make it, so when a friendly bullet hits youand "friendly fire is of , then the bullet wont collide. cause when a friendly bullet hits you, then your eyes with stick to the health meter and you risk getting wasted.

in short: make team colored bullets and friendly fire bullets non-collidable when "friendly fire is off.

Yuth
December 15, 2005, 12:50 am
Colored bullets?!

WTF, WTF?!

Okay, it might be nice with colored bullets...
But only if it was an option to be seeing them colored or not.

I don't think this is something everyone would be pleasant about.
But it's a nice thought... (Only if optional)

~AcE~
December 15, 2005, 5:36 am
I'd like it, if it were optional.
But non-colliding bullets. . . nah.

Silent Soldier
December 15, 2005, 5:37 pm
Hell no, I don't wanna see any painted bullets around the battlefield.

Keron Cyst
December 15, 2005, 6:12 pm
You actually try to avoid bullets and stay alive?

zyxstand
December 15, 2005, 10:24 pm
no, you just try to avoid your enemy's color bullets to stay alive.
I like this idea - would be really useful if it could toggled with an F-button - esp. for a survival game where you'll try your best to stay safe as opposed to attack most of the time - this could come very handy!

i'm for it!

Deleted User
December 15, 2005, 11:09 pm
omgoshers couloured bullets were ubered liek ten

mike323
December 15, 2005, 11:40 pm
i would prefer a little damage window that flashes the name of the player who is shooting you. for example:

if dascoo's bullet hit me, it would flash "dascoo" in the tiny damage window and slowly fade out

Deleted User
December 16, 2005, 5:10 am
Though I think that team-colored bullets would be cool and useful, it is possible that bullets are intentionally indistinguishable. Trying to figure out who is shooting at you might be an intentional part of the game. Or it might not. Who knows? (well...Michal Marcinowski)

Deleted User
December 16, 2005, 5:35 am
I honestly am not wild about this one... Especially since bullets are sprite-based, so you'd end up with some potentially freaky-looking mods. That, and Soldat is partly all about mass chaos and mayhem anyway--knowing "friendly" bullets from foes would only detract from that.

Of course, that only applies when there is mass chaos and mayhem... Usually there's only one or two teammates on the screen at a time anyway (when there are any at all), so keeping track of where they're shooting at isn't much of a problem.

Deleted User
December 16, 2005, 6:30 am
Nah, coloured bullets were suggested already.
But the no-collider bullets on mates while ff is off, that very nice and interesting idea. I like that one coz when u go in tunnel all m8 can join to fire without fear of no-hit-foe.

Keron Cyst
December 16, 2005, 6:26 pm
quote:Originally posted by zyxstand... you... try to avoid your enemy's... bullets to stay alive...
You actually try to stay alive?

Raptor
December 16, 2005, 8:53 pm
I like the idea! I've been thinking of it and I think it'll work!

Michal
December 16, 2005, 9:15 pm
quote:when i play online, bullets afe flying everywhere. it should be possible to mod the bullets so they bare the colors of they'r team.
like when a red guy fires a bullet, then the bullet is green.
If team specific weapon graphics are implemented, which is likely, then this will be possible.

quote:and MM should make it, so when a friendly bullet hits you
and "friendly fire is of
, then the bullet wont collide. cause when a friendly bullet hits you, then your eyes with stick to the health meter and you risk getting wasted.
I like this idea, I suggested it a long while ago and I still think it would be good.
Having this would make strategy and teamwork more effective. Right now mass attacks are rendered inneffective by bullets hitting team mates.
Whenever this idea was suggested, people always argued against it saying that it wouldn't make sense since soldat is 2D. But, if that was true then gosteks should collide with each other.
This would also solve problem of selfkills due to idiot team mates running in front of you just before shooting off a LAW or M79.
If not implemented into the main FF off mode, then at least as another option, "friendly collision" or something.

matapatos
December 16, 2005, 9:31 pm
Only if it is an option, and only in team matches, where bullets will have the color of the clan(an adiction to clanmatch mode). I wouldnt like to see bullets of all colors flying all over the place in team matches..