( search forums )
Soldat 1.3.1 Bugs
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
ramirez
December 10, 2005, 10:32 pm
I know there's a topic for reporting 1.3 bugs, but I think it's appropiate to make a new topic solely for new bugs found in 1.3.1 so they won't go unnoticed.
These are the bugs I've found or seen, if someone feels like adding to this list, just reply.

Flag return bug: Sometimes when you throw flag, it just automatically returns to the base, this is probably the most serious bug that I know in 1.3.1 and hurts the gameplay of CTF a lot. Especially annoying if happens during important tourny match.
Server logging bug: The server logging doesn't work correctly at all. It does not log kills, and creates a new log file every minute. On my 4 dedicated soldat servers, over 18000 log files have been created during 2 days. All of them are empty except for the "Log file started" message at start. This is annoying because I have to keep logging on for the servers that use soldatguardian, because as far as I know soldatguardian checks for updates in gamestat.txt to determine whether server is alive or not.
Knife bug: If there's a knife in the ground and you stand on top of it with another knife as your selected weapon and you are charging it to throw it, and after it's charged and it throws it, it also throws the one already in the ground. Meaning that you can throw two knives at the same time, other one of them is thrown at full speed, other at minimum speed.
Arena2 bug: If you change map to Arena2 the server basically just starts acting weird giving connection problems. I removed the map from my maplist, but it still happens occassionally when players unaware of this problem votes the map. The error that server logs when changing map to Arena2 is this:
Exception EInvalidOp in module soldatserver at 08058BB9.
Invalid floating point operation.
Lastly, not really a bug but after talking with various people it seems that this could make the current knife bit better:
1) Make the max. charge time bit less.
2) After the max. charge is reached, DON'T AUTOMATICALLY throw the knife. It is VERY annoying. Make it throw the knife when you release F, regardless of is the charge at maximum power or not.

b00stA
December 11, 2005, 1:04 pm
There's a topic dedicated to 1.3.1 bugs:
http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=29954&whichpage=1