( search forums )
(moved) Soldat has competition...
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
.JeT
December 10, 2005, 11:51 pm
There is a new game coming out called FaceWound. Its devolped by the people over ater facepunch studios (creators of garry's mod) and its looking pretty good...

ttp://www.facewound.com

To me, the engine in it is 10 fold soldat. It has all these great blooming effects and other stuff. But no multiplayer as of yet, well have to wait and see.

MisterX
December 10, 2005, 11:58 pm
It's not that similiar. The main similiarities are that both are 2D shooters with "real" weapons and mouse aiming. But there's a major difference: FaceWound is a Singleplayer game, perhaps there'll be Coop (Hhopefully), but the main focus will be sp.
Btw, an alpha or beta version of FW can be downloaded, but it's rather bad.

shoover
December 11, 2005, 12:01 am
Soldat will at least go down as the "greatest game to not plajerize and copy off sum1 elses" :P

.JeT
December 11, 2005, 12:19 am
Actually mister x, it is bad. If you read the topic at where to get it, it says that it doesnt show the gameplay at all of the current build of facewound because the 10c is so old. BTW i think soldat needs a facelift. Like an engine facelift.

MisterX
December 11, 2005, 12:30 am
quote:Originally posted by .JeTActually mister x, it is bad. If you read the topic at where to get it, it says that it doesnt show the gameplay at all of the current build of facewound because the 10c is so old. BTW i think soldat needs a facelift. Like an engine facelift.

Yea, I'm sure it is like that. That's why I just wrote that specifically this alpha/beta is bad :)

headstone
December 11, 2005, 12:41 am
quote:Soldat will at least go down as the "greatest game to not plajerize and copy off sum1 elses" :P

LOL the irony

.JeT
December 11, 2005, 1:20 am
Unless you pick contra. :-P But actaully, facewound seems fun.

rabidhamster
December 11, 2005, 3:43 am
looks great. except for the people. soldat's cooler.

GAMEOVER
December 11, 2005, 3:53 am
ffs no one cares every week it seems as of late someones posting another game. That game has nothing on Soldat it isnt even really out.

-DoA-Pero-SLO-
December 11, 2005, 4:37 pm
It will be cool, i dont think its too much competition cause of playing style.
I will try it.