( search forums )
2 ideas-barret idea + squad mode
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
crg23
December 11, 2005, 9:58 am
Hey, I have two ideas. Everyone knows about the whole barretard etc problem, the gun is way to easy to master and use. It's the n00b weapon of choice. Some other dude came up with the scope idea, that doesn't fit in with the 2d idea at all though. The barret in real life is a huge gun, there is no way you could run around with it very easily. I think when you have the barret out and you are standing up your speed should be limited by say maybe 1/2. Also when you are standing up, the accuracy should be greatly decreased, just like in real life.

My other idea is to have a "Squad Mode" This should focus on being more tactical and methodical, like have a few different squads on each team, each with player limits and different gun choices. For example:

Soldier class-Any assult rifle, steyr, ak47, etc.
Mobile MG class-FN minimi
Sniper class-Ruger, barret
Sniper support-Any assult rifle
Grenadier-LAW, m79
Special Forces-Any gun, but the guns have better accuracy
Medic class-Assult rifles, they can heal injured soldiers

Some system like that. It would make the game alot more fun in many games, especially infiltration mode and realistic/survival. It would be a good test in teamwork and doing your job so that the whole team will win. Each server should have a limit of the number of soldiers in each class though. Like once there are say 3 snipers you have to be something else.

Also add a wounded status, like if you are hit badly and have under 10 percent health you fall over and lay until you either die, or a medic comes and saves you.

Any comments/additional suggestions?

Deleted User
December 11, 2005, 4:53 pm
The barret is already pretty heavy when using it. I like picking out my own weapons in normal gameplay, but this could be set into another game mode. I kinda like it, it brings a different sort of stradegy to the game.

There are alot of other topics such as these, so try searching once in a while.

crg23
December 11, 2005, 7:49 pm
Yeah, the squad thing should be a seperate option.

Echo_Trail
December 11, 2005, 8:44 pm
crg, i think this is a great idea.
I have thought of this also, and it'd be awesome if the game was more tactical. But in the end, soldat is 2d, wich limits the hell out of the squad suggestion. and i also think, that soldat gameplay is simply too fast! There is no point in "securing" a spot, 'cause it'll get taken over in 2 seconds anyway!
Nice thinking, tho, but i don't think it can be done..

person
December 12, 2005, 4:38 am
I dunno. I think it could be done, especially as it would encourage a lot more team-based play, making the experience somewhat different. And with the medic suggestion, perhaps how the soldiers get injured is like Mancer's idea in his "hit point status effect" thread.

I think it would be fun, as some selectable mode like "advance mode". Instead of the weapons menu, you get a class menu when you die.

Keron Cyst
December 12, 2005, 5:52 am
That's not a Grenadier, that's an Explosives Maniac. A grenadier would just have a lot of grenades, and a knife and a SOCOM.

I'm not against this but if this is to be implemented you should be able to specify what weapons which groups (which you can also rename) get.

crg23
December 12, 2005, 6:24 am
To Echo:

I think it can be implemented, it would be best on a big map in infiltration mode. Some games you get a group of good people and you can work very efficiently as a team, use teamspeak to tell where is clear, if theres a camper somewhere, etc. Personaly I find this is incredibly fun. If we could have a game mode where we could always have to work as a team it would just make it that much more fun. In normal soldat if theres a hill, and a bunch of people on the other side, you fly up over, and get shot immediatly. With some strategy, you could use m79's to give rattle them up a bit and kill some, then come over with the assult rifles. Then post two snipers and 2 Minimi's on the hill so it can't happen again. That would be so much more fun that just getting shot everytime, and trying again.

Keron:

m79's are grenade launchers ;)

And the weapons groups are rough drafts.

Chonoryoku
December 17, 2005, 7:58 pm
Soldiers and Sniper Support are the same -.-

Deleted User
December 17, 2005, 10:15 pm
Good idea, best left as its own mode.

The Twilight
December 18, 2005, 5:42 pm
I love the sound of squad mode.

Saint-Cross
December 18, 2005, 8:14 pm
Squad Mode is like Jedi Academy, where you have different weapon squads each with maybe 2 weapon choices.We don't need squads, unless you perhaps add it to infiltration to make it more like a Special Forces mode.I like making barret users slow down when walking, so they use it for its purpose of camping.There's no perfect solution to the barret, people whine and moan about the 1 hit kill guns, saying it's cheap.It's realistic.It's really no use trying to cripple the barret, there's always someone to find a negative aspect of it. :\

Drink Bloody Water
February 2, 2006, 12:24 pm
I think the squad idea is pretty creative. if i were MM i would put it consider it.

Drink Bloody Water
February 2, 2006, 12:26 pm
Maybe there could also be Lieutenant, Major, Colonel , etc.