( search forums )
Generic Whine Topic
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
that fuking sniper
December 11, 2005, 11:29 am
Never thought I'd post here again. I just got my internet connection back after a week of disconnect and Fab told me about the new version, which made me visit the forums once more...

Needless to say, I've read a couple of the topics posted here in the general discussions forum and I'm quite not so surprised. To me, Soldat is a fast "circle of life" kind of thing. It happens every version release.

Here's the post corresponding to this title: "OMG HOW COULD YOU NERF THE KNIFE! IT WAS PERFECT! OMFG SOLDAT IS RUINED CUZ OF [insert gameplay change which I didn't notice yet here]."

Listen, guys. I've been playing Soldat for QUITE some time, now. Many (all) of my favourite weapons (I've used all of them, so hell) were both nerfed and augmented more than twice in my career. I did complain about the first few, but then had a realization: I still play Soldat. It is still fun. I have always played it and enjoyed it, even if that period of fun lasted for about five minutes. Everything will be changed given the correct time interval, so why fight the inevitable?

Enjoy the goddamn game. It's a GAME. You play games to have FUN - not to worry about what weapon comes out best and how noobs are doing something because it's effective. Unless YOU (yes, you, not the game) change in that you get a bit complacent and overlook the many bits and faults present in everything around us (this includes Soldat) you'll NEVER enjoy anything. Perfection is never there. Perfection according to one person subjected onto the rest is dictatorship. As we all know, all dictatorships have/will fall in time. So what's my point? My point is that you can't be angry and bitter over every new change that comes. Changes will come with every version, and the day the versions stop coming is the day Soldat is doomed. Enjoy it while people still work on it. Joy is an adaptive property.

Echo_Trail
December 11, 2005, 1:32 pm
words of wisdom :P
I hate ppl whining as much as you do, but i don't see how it's.. revolting that ppl discuss issues! That's what the forums are for, and i think that discussing problems.. well.. matters in soldat, is as important as the game itself!
Change is good, it keeps the game running, but we still want to keep it soldat..

GluLm
December 11, 2005, 1:33 pm
Amen to that.
Although I doubt trying to patronize people will help a lot.
Of course it's always the same scenario for each new version release, and if you want to see that change, perhaps it'd be better to stop replying to whiners in the first place...
Good to see you're still around anyway.

Ok
December 11, 2005, 3:15 pm
Didn't you like, delete Soldat months ago??
Liar <_<

Deleted User
December 11, 2005, 3:38 pm
Nothing was nerfed.