( search forums )
Ice racing?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Ideas / Discussions
Algernon
December 11, 2005, 12:54 pm
i got this idea for a CTF style red vs blue ice racing map. i whiped this up today and would like a little input.

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

basically the idea is to go prone after spawn and slide on ice over to mid-map where, if all goes well, you will pick up the enemy flag and then slide/fly over your own to score. if things don't go well you'll slam into the spike pit or get OSK by an enemy doing the same. it dosen't look like much (i NEED help in that department) but the high speeds + rag dolls = intense fun. it's actually just as fun or more fun to sit in the "spectators area" and watch IMO.

the map, scenery and textures are on m00net and i'll get a link to the ZIP as soon as i can.

Keron Cyst
December 11, 2005, 4:34 pm
Well, I know you can't play with bots (can't tell 'em to go prone at will), and I think the flags should be as far away from each other as in a regular CTF match (so then you'd be all speed-racing to stop a FC from reaching your place, or vice versa) :-D

Deleted User
December 11, 2005, 4:45 pm
Lol, looks kinda short though. Be cool if you had obstacles whered you had to get up, quickly juump and keep going.

KnOt
December 11, 2005, 4:48 pm
Looks like fun :o) I made something similar once, when everyone was making race maps. rce_Map, and so on. Although the objective was simply to cross a finnishing line first, not actually play ctf. A tournament was actually organised, but nobody took enough interest so it died.