( search forums )
A work in progress.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Ideas / Discussions
Karbine
December 11, 2005, 1:17 pm
I stepped back into Soldat a few months ago, did some modding here and there (I just mod soldat to my liking, never really release stuff.) I got ahold of a soldat clan, (Clan 188), and decided to start a map for the clan. I need some more ideas for it, it's a very early work in progress, ther is no advanced shading or whatnot, I'm still building the basic structure.
It's going to have a massive underground area, fitted with training ranges, etc. I need help with ideas for the commercial building part.
So far, the first floor is the lobby (omg matricks lol), second is the welcome/greeting, third is communications, fourth is offices. I need some more ideas. Post!
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
That Gepard is actually for the LAW, not the barret D: 14.5mm goodness!
[IMAGE]

OutofOrder
December 11, 2005, 11:39 pm
so is this a training map?
do you have or plan to do the sceneries?
maybe place some machinery in the basement (heating, electricity, etc)
if you wanted some matrix-like enviroment, then add some metal scanners at the entrance. and pick light-green variations for shading. (helicopter-with-a-stat-gun outside maybe?)

Deleted User
December 12, 2005, 12:12 pm
ooho whats out your gonna get whacked by m00, for ideas i suggest looking in the lobby map server thready thingy

Karbine
December 20, 2005, 8:10 am
As is aid, it's only a structure so far. I build the framing and then proceed to the scenery. Some more screens coming soon. So far I've made a giant service elevator leading to a vehicle bay- this map is rather large, takes about a minute to compile.

Deleted User
December 20, 2005, 6:48 pm
A minute? Get polyworks. It compiles faster :P

Your maps looking pretty good. But you need some scenery man xD

Ranzear
December 21, 2005, 1:19 am
Apoca City was taking half an hour to compile, a minute isn't jack.

And it actually manages to slow PolyWorks down for a few seconds aswell.. lol