( search forums )
My bugs
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - 1.3.1 related complaints and/or whining -NO BUGS-
FragBait
December 11, 2005, 4:19 pm
I played the game once now, 3 maps or so, and I came across some stuff. It might just be me.

When dying my soldier just collapse (No message) - Not every time but a lot.
When enemies die they just collapse - Same as above.
No sound when scoring (In CTF).
Grenades not killing - Less than in the previous version atleast.

To me there are more bugs in this version than in the previous version. But then again it might just be me.

Oh yeah, and the new dedicated server performs an illegal operation whenever I try to run it. But that might just be my Windows.

Deleted User
December 11, 2005, 4:56 pm
-- This is called extreme lagging. Try closing some programs which are using up your computers memory usage or rebooting soldat/computer.
-- I agree with you, they do kill less, unless you combine a bullet with the grenade unto their faces.

Marbire
December 11, 2005, 5:03 pm
The grenade thing is definetely only you.......... they are killing TOO much now.

Deleted User
December 12, 2005, 4:59 am
quote:Originally posted by MarbireThe grenade thing is definetely only you.......... they are killing TOO much now.

Id say 50% of my deaths are now to people grenade spamming. They're more accurate, high chance of hitting, grenade spam must be a major killer now.

Deleted User
December 12, 2005, 5:16 am
Grenades are seriously back in action. Isn't it beautiful? I'm thrilled.

GAMEOVER
December 12, 2005, 5:18 am
I still have bugs with nades they still rarely kill for me dead on. A little more then last version but they still are buggy damn shot/hit registery.

Deleted User
December 12, 2005, 6:45 am
quote:Originally posted by FragBait

These are all lag-related issues. Play on a server with a lower ping and they won't happen.

FragBait
December 12, 2005, 1:39 pm
Lag related issues my ass. I have been playing for 3½ years now and I never had these problems before. Also it is not like I am playing on servers that are new to me, but the same servers as I have pretty much always been playing at (various clanservers and the gather servers). Besides it happens even when I play against bots. But hey, in my opinion Soldat has gotten worse with every new version (And I have play every version from the very start of it all), so I suspected this version would be even worse than the previous.
Nothing much changed in my opinion, I just got a lot of bugs now. That is all.

text_killer
December 12, 2005, 1:53 pm
Bad things:

1) The game suddenly crashes sometimes
2) Sounds are totally wierd (sometimes no sounds at all)
3) Like Frag mentioned sometimes my Soldier just collapses, without any kill message (same with the opponets, they do the same)
4) Random selfkills (without shooting or throwing a nade)
5) Invisible bullets (mostly Barret, but other weapons do it sometimes as well)
6) Nades are less reliable than in previous versions
7) The Netcode is still sucky

At least there are good things about 1.3.1 too.

Good things:
1) The weapon mod is fine now, adding charge time to Barret was a good idea. Autos have less damage now, and the bullets lose their power when they leave the screen (good solution aganinst spraying).
2) More selfdamage with M79 (good for preventing M79 jumps)
3) Nerfing knife was a good thing, at least it will need some skill now.
4) Barret: same as above.

FragBait
December 12, 2005, 2:06 pm
Yes. Sometimes I can not see the bullets from Barret either. But I only noticed it with Barret, so far.

So far I know a couple of VERY old players who has quit the game because of this version. And others who simply take a break from Soldat till things change for the better. Players actually qutting (And not just any players but the old ones) is a clear sign to me that something is wrong.
But perhaps it is time for us so called "veterans" or "oldies" to quit and let the new players take our places?

Marbire
December 12, 2005, 10:28 pm
Frag, I've been here as long, or longer, than you and the people who are "quitting." Do you see me going anywhere? No.... The weapon balance is getting better and better, and I gotta tip my hat to those testers (except nades, they are outta control now)

Or is your only problem with this version the bugs? They sound like lag issues, but if they aren't, how bout reporting them like you did now, and maybe they can find the cause and release a patch? I don't see how claiming that every version of soldat has gotten worse and worse is gonna help. :\

FragBait
December 13, 2005, 3:53 pm
The newest version is fine with me except for the bugs. But I still think the game as gotten worse with every new version. Plus the community has gotten worse too.
But it could just be my interest in Soldat that is fading away.
I am not going to start a discussion of who is the older player, but I can tell you that I started in the middle of may 2002. If you started before that then good for you, it does not matter much to me :) Anyway, old reliable players are quitting the game, and because of this new version of Soldat. I did not say all the old players are leaving, but some of them. My clan lost three of its most valuable players because of this version, and that is also a reason for me to dislike this new version.
But anyways, my concern is for the bugs I have. And as you can see from text's post he has about the same problems. These are not problems I have because of lag since I got them in LAN games vs. Bots too.
I do not mind the missing sounds or my soldier collapsing, but it is really annoying not being able to see shots from Barret. Also grenades seem to kill less than in the previous version. Fix those two and I can live with the rest.
Thanks.

GluLm
December 13, 2005, 4:57 pm
quote:FragBait wrote:Plus the community has gotten worse too.
It's always been sucky in my opinion. Always. And yes it's got worse because popularity doesn't have good results only. Kids these days you know... Edits: I admit I'm stupid to write that, there are lots of great people in the community who deserve admiration and respect. I'm still affected by the "Jungle remake failure" incident's frustration. Sorry, you can sue me now.

Errm, anyway I've been playing almost as long as you (started in september 2002) and I didn't quit because of the modifications made in Soldat. I still haven't quit playing, even though the so called "community" sucked all along. So indeed, some of them are quitting, but what else? They might come back in 2 or 3 years, who knows? For know they probably have a life and better things to do than playing all day long (you know what I'm talking about, life is such a burden sometimes).

As for the grenades it certainly IS a lag issue, although it happens on server with low ping as well. So yeah, mysterious netcode uh.
Same goes for "When enemies die they just collapse" <- you know this bug has always been there. :( It doesn't happen too often though, does it?

I agree with you about the bugs though, and I know MM agrees too. They have to be fixed one day or another.
Personally, I've never ever whined about weapons because I used them all since the beggining. Although now I take the fancy to whine about the new gostek graphics since they differ too much (in my holy opinion) from the original and REAL gosteks. (no offence to Michal though).
Oh well, I'm out. :|

Deleted User
December 13, 2005, 5:30 pm
quote:Originally posted by FragBaitLag related issues my ass. I have been playing for 3½ years now and I never had these problems before. Also it is not like I am playing on servers that are new to me, but the same servers as I have pretty much always been playing at (various clanservers and the gather servers). Besides it happens even when I play against bots.
Then you must've screwed yourself somehow, because these never happen to me when my ping is under 100. (aside from the nades, but it's happening much less than before)

FragBait
December 13, 2005, 5:48 pm
I am telling you these are not lag-related issues. Other people has them as well, as we are playing at the same servers as we did with the previous version. So we all lag all of a sudden? On servers we never lagged on before? Besides we have no trouble with warping or hits that does not kill, so there is no lag to be found there. Also it happens to me even in LAN games and there is most certainly no lag there.
I can live without kill-messages and my soldier just collapsing, but I need my grenades to kill and they do that less now than in the previous version. Also it would be just GREAT if barret-shots would stop being invisible to me.
I have no lag or weapons to complain about, just the bugs.

About the players quitting they said they do it because of this new version. So it is not because of their lives. Hell, I have a life. School, job, girlfriend, family. Anyone that knows me knows that I have become more and more inactive. Real life is more important to me than Soldat.

Anyway, I just need advice on what I can do to fix the bugs. Soldat is unplayable as long as these things are not fixed. And stop with the comments about it being lag-related. Give me some advice I can use or not any at all.

Again, my bugs are:

Invisible shots from Barret (Like LAW in previous version).

I think this version could be one of the best ever, if only the bugs were to be fixed (Will never beat the golden days of 1.05b though). I really like everything new, especially the changes in the weapons, but these bugs totally ruin it for me.

Thank you a lot.

b00stA
December 13, 2005, 6:04 pm
Please read the sticky, you're not supposed to report bugs here!

http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=30018

FragBait
December 13, 2005, 7:37 pm
I believe the topic says "1.3.1 related complaints and/or whining". All of what I have posted fits perfectly.

b00stA
December 13, 2005, 7:44 pm
Then I am guessing you don't want these bugs to be fixed. Michal is more likely to look for bug reports in the appropiate topic/forum.

This forum is simply to keep the version related whines somewhere else so you can easily ignore them.

juand1s1m0
December 15, 2005, 9:18 pm
ummm im not sure if this is a bug or not but every time i play my sniper
will not shoot, i can equip it but it just wont shoot.

rabidhamster
December 15, 2005, 9:43 pm
this is the third time the barret problem (that's the sniper btw) this has been brought up.

read the manual.

zyxstand
December 15, 2005, 10:16 pm
uhm, why don't you (admin) just move this topic to bugs discussion?

headstone
December 15, 2005, 11:53 pm
quote:I believe the topic says "1.3.1 related complaints and/or whining". All of what I have posted fits perfectly.

Umm... it reads 1.3.1 related complaints and/or whining -NO BUGS-

So, no, it doesn't fit.