( search forums )
a community for soldat v1.2 ?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Ymies
December 11, 2005, 4:23 pm
I bet there still are ppl who like 1.2 more than the new versions (121, 13, 131) and would like to play the old one. today I got finally enough of the recent [CENSORED], generally the greed of all [CENSORED]tards playing the game, spray, lag, bugs and michal marcinkowski's stupidity. if anybody are interested in this idea of mine, WE could create a channel on irc and play the older version, which imo had less lag and back then the players used to be a lot friendlier than today. this sure has affected me too but I simply won't play any more of the 1.3.* series. ppl who would be interested in this could sign up here and if I manage to get over 20 guys, we could do something more fun than stand in the eternal barrier of lag and spray. yes I know that weapons weren't that balanced during the 1.2 but at least it was far less laggy than nowadays. I would really appreciate that the retards (I'm 150% sure that there are [CENSORED]ing many of these) who are against me wouldn't come here whining about my opinions and such. I haven't planned this speech so just hit me with questions if you have any. ideas would be cool too, it'd be cool to get back to the peak again, but it won't be easy from this swamp we have fallen into

edit: #soldat1.2 on Quakenet.org

FragBait
December 11, 2005, 4:25 pm
In my opinion Soldat had gotten worse with every new version. Sounds like a good idea Ymies. Your idea so you make the channel. I will support you.

Chakra`
December 11, 2005, 4:47 pm
Won't hear a murmur out of me guv ...people wanna play Soldat in whatever flavour they want, they can knock themselves out.

I hope by example, that anyone posting after me considering a manner of "wtf just get used to it whiner" will just keep quiet. Ain't got nothing nice to say, PM it to b00sta.

Ymies
December 11, 2005, 5:09 pm
they sure do want to play however they wish, but I'm trying to make them play by my idea

also I have tolerated the whining for almost 3 years, when I joined my first clan, and I have all the rights to quit it whenever I want. don't need you to tell me when I'm allowed to do it

headstone
December 11, 2005, 5:16 pm
quote:which imo had less lag and back then the players used to be a lot friendlier than today

Yeah.... that's definetly Micheal's fault.

reckon
December 11, 2005, 6:09 pm
Guv is gettin old, quick.

DePhille
December 11, 2005, 6:56 pm
Why not re-opening the Soldat Oldies forum at the bottom of the list?
I'm sure there are people that liked other version than 1.3.1 and 1.2 more too so creating a forum for one version seems a bad idea to me.
Opening the Oldies discussion will be a solution to this.

Grtz , DePhille

Ymies
December 11, 2005, 8:19 pm
well if ppl wanted some other version they should go somewhere else. this is my thing, I think that 1.2 is the best version so far. the 1.1.x-series were such barret and lag bull[CENSORED], the 1.0.x ones were just simply too stupid and simple. and you know my opinion about the rest

Chakra`
December 11, 2005, 8:30 pm
Hey calm down luv. If you wanna do it, thats fine, but don't encourage people to whine at you about this by being hostile though, otherwise you'll be wading through tonnes of spam in this thread to find the people that support you.

Ymies
December 11, 2005, 8:33 pm
I actually asked if ppl would ONLY write here if they want to join me and/or give ideas regarding the topic, but you come whine about what would happen if I'm too offensive. could you quit the bull[CENSORED] and let me continue with this. kthxbye

solohan50
December 11, 2005, 8:44 pm
Holy double post Batman! Ymies, you don't need to talk to Chak that way, he's actually trying to take your side on this one. Just because someone took your idea in a different way than you did doesn't mean you need to get all defensive and start yelling at people. If you don't like DePhille's idea about promoting older versions of soldat that you don't like, it's far easier and more productive to say:

"Hey DePhille, I made this thread specifically for 1.2, and I'm using it to gauge the interest for this. I would appreciate it if you would make your own topic about an Oldies Forum, that way I don't get a lot of posts in here that aren't going to help me figure out if I should start this project."

So instead of getting all defensive and cussing people out, just try to be civil, it'll get you a lot farther, and you won't get people like me in here lecturing you on how not to be a prick. ;-)

Ymies
December 11, 2005, 8:56 pm
solohan you're breaking my nerves with your stupidity and I'm not going to say anything anymore here on these forums, join the thing if you like, these forums are impossible...

b00stA
December 11, 2005, 8:58 pm
quote:Originally posted by Ymiessolohan you're breaking my nerves with your stupidity and I'm not going to say anything anymore...

You seem like a lovely guy. I'd love to join your promising little community.

DePhille
December 11, 2005, 9:36 pm
lol b00sta.

Anyway , I'm not taking that as an offense. If you meant it offensively , bad luck , try again next time ;)
The thing you said about 1.1.x being sucky and all is just your opinion , your opinion is just one out of so many , mine is too and MM's is too.
I think that if there'd be a 1.2 forum there'll also be people that'd like to talk about 1.2.1 for example or any other version as well , they'll start a topic about 1.2.1 in the 1.2 forum and you'll be pissed off (again). If you do think no-one will ever like anything than the 1.2 , why al the fuss about the oldies forum? If everyone loves 1.2 and nothing else then that should be filled with 1.2 topics , only the name does not say '1.2 Forum'

If you take this offensively go ahead and flame me , I don't care. I'm just warning you of what the consequences could be if there was only a 1.2 forum.

Grtz , DePhille

Deleted User
December 11, 2005, 10:11 pm
No. 1.31 is perfect. Michal should make a better netcode with no other changes to anything. It should take more than a couple weeks to work out a better netcode than 1.31's.

rabidhamster
December 11, 2005, 10:13 pm
quote:Originally posted by FragBaitIn my opinion Soldat had gotten worse with every new version. Sounds like a good idea Ymies. Your idea so you make the channel. I will support you.
then play soldat 0.9.4c, that's the oldest existing version.

-DoA-Pero-SLO-
December 11, 2005, 10:20 pm
I'm fully supporting this idea.

Deleted User
December 11, 2005, 11:51 pm
why don't they just put the weapons back to what they were in 1.2?

Deleted User
December 12, 2005, 12:04 am
Because they're perfect now!
Why don't they just take a week to make a better netcode and put out 1.32?

Veronica
December 12, 2005, 2:17 am
quote:Originally posted by YmiesI bet there still are ppl who like 1.2 more than the new versions (121, 13, 131) and would like to play the old one.

I bet you done a survey on it also to give us some hard facts

quote:Originally posted by Ymiestoday I got finally enough of the recent [CENSORED], generally the greed of all [CENSORED]tards playing the game, spray, lag, bugs and michal marcinkowski's stupidity.

Member Since: 04 Jun 2003, sure took your time to wake up. But hey don't get mad at anyone for splashing your cute sleeping face with water. You were here two years ago, did you think back then that what you did could have made any difference? Or are you actually a part of the "downfall"? Insulting people you play with and marking the developer, are you sure your even supposed to be around here? I mean there must be other games for you to play where you can act like a total jerk.

quote:Originally posted by Ymiesif anybody are interested in this idea of mine, WE could create a channel on irc and play the older version, which imo had less lag and back then the players used to be a lot friendlier than today.

Yeah I get the impression of players were much more friendlier back 2 years ago by reading your post also, instead your point doesn't make it through, you instead, work against yourself, weird eh? For all I care, the community would be better off and more friendly if you made your own IRC channel and stayed there.

quote:Originally posted by Ymiesthis sure has affected me too but I simply won't play any more of the 1.3.* series.

Boo hoo. But you know, thats fine. Aslong as your not playing you got time to cool down and maybe find some other game to play, like Tetris, or you get pissed off on level 3 because its too fast for you?

quote:Originally posted by Ymiesppl who would be interested in this could sign up here and if I manage to get over 20 guys, we could do something more fun than stand in the eternal barrier of lag and spray.

I guess we haven't been playing the same game then, I hardly ever have any lag and sprayers I deal with accordingly. I don't let any of them piss me off so I go ask people to join me on a holy crusade to start my own village somewhere. Actually now when Im thinking of it, you sound pretty much like; "Listen to me o' young ones, follow me to the light!, all your sins will be forgiven!". And really I hope you find what you seek, that and 19 sprayers that follows your footsteps...or your that naive and trust everyone here to be goodie good good? ;)

quote:Originally posted by Ymiesyes I know that weapons weren't that balanced during the 1.2 but at least it was far less laggy than nowadays.

Again hard fact is needed, you alone with words can prove just asmuch as the falling tree in the forest...does it make a sound when it falls if no one hears it? Maybe your connection or computer grown slower, maybe your computer is full of virus or that your eyes just can't keep up with the framerate...?

quote:Originally posted by YmiesI would really appreciate that the retards (I'm 150% sure that there are [CENSORED]ing many of these) who are against me wouldn't come here whining about my opinions and such.

No of course why would anyone be so offended that they would express anything that counts against you and your brave choice of way. I mean, with writing what you did and then asking them not to hit you while you managed to tie yourself around a pole screaming out insults over them is quite refreshing no? Sadly I gladly take a fine right swing on your opinions... and such ;)

quote:Originally posted by YmiesI haven't planned this speech so just hit me with questions if you have any. ideas would be cool too, it'd be cool to get back to the peak again, but it won't be easy from this swamp we have fallen into

Noooo the swamp! And I'm here to remind you that your a part of it. Oki so it wasn't planned, I can go easy on you on that point, np. I got lots of ideas, but then again...your peak seems kind of lonely and thats not what Im after :)

Ok
December 12, 2005, 2:25 am
quote:Originally posted by Ymiesplaying the game, spray, lag, bugs and michal marcinkowski's stupidity.

Aha, and you on the other hand is suposed to be the smart one?

I loved 1.2, it had less bugs then the future versions.
It mostly only had a problem with the barret (being too powerful that is) but at the same time had more powerful autos to balance it compared to 1.1.5

Nevertheless , the community was not so much better than today.
And you represent those silent pricks that all of a sudden developed a mouth to whine with after so much time of calling ppl "whiners".

And if you want a nice community, start by being nice to others rather then curse and bash so many ppl.

You do know that the "stupid" MM made 1.2 as well right? freaking ungratefull prick...

FragBait
December 12, 2005, 1:50 pm
Currently trying to get a couple of public 1.2 servers up and running. So.. Stop [CENSORED]ing around in here and come play some 1.2 with us when everything is done. If you feel like it of course.

GluLm
December 12, 2005, 1:58 pm
Looks like Veronica owned someone today... (o_ o)

Of course there are new bugs in the newest versions, but hey, who are you to complain? It's Michal M. who should be complaining of you. He's the one who will try to fix all these bugs for you. You should be grateful for that.

So yeah I like the idea of an underground community playing older versions (even though this isn't really new, as I saw some people playing 1.1.5 last month!).
This way you won't whine about anything but you own narrow mind. :]
I'll probably join you sometimes because I like playing older versions too.

bl00dy_n0se
December 12, 2005, 2:08 pm
Added to perfom ;)
I'm looking forward to play some 1.2, it's the version I started playing Soldat and it was great, there was no lag...no whines! Most clans had no sorrows, everyone just played the game without whining that much like they whine now, hope to get a bit of that feeling back :)

DePhille
December 12, 2005, 2:13 pm
Why all the fuss.
It seems like players are getting stressy , posting a very offensive off-topic reply just meant to hit the poster.
Don't take it too bad , if you don't like his ideas just leave it alone otherwise you'll make it even worse , keep 'em for yourself. This kind of stuff really looks immature and childish , though you people are most probably older than I am it still gives the look.
I won't say more before I start flaming/whining myself :)

On-topic: I agree with GluLm. Players will get bored of the old version x and will move to version y. If you just create a forum about 1.2 that forum might explode today and die tomorrow.

Grtz , DePhille

eeneku
December 13, 2005, 8:55 am
Humm. I think Soldat has gone worse and worse since 1.05b. 1.05b was simply and very good game, and I really enjoyed playing Soldat, until 1.1.0 was released. Since that versions have been worse, except 1.2. It's the best version atm, so playabale and weapon balance is much better than in 1.3.1. It's true that AK and Barret were pretty good in 1.2, but so was Ruger, Minimi etc. So I think all weapons were so powerful.

But in 1.3.1 there are few weapons that are much more powerful than others: Steyr, Spas-12, MP5 and M79. Steyr is just so [CENSORED]ing annoying, everyone is using it now. It's much more powerful than AK or Minimi. I dont get it, why the hell he didnt change Steyr to 1.3.1. And I think Barret is much more easier now, at least for me. Now you have to aim bit longer, which helps a lot. Still, no one is using it atm, so I think it worked. Knife is pretty nice atm.

There is one more thing why I quitted this bull[CENSORED] and changed to 1.2: Maps! OMG, I cannot believe why the hell he removed Death! I know, almost no one was playing it, but I did. And I liked it. And it's one of the oldest, maybe the oldest, ctf_map. And new maps are crap, Dropdown2 sucks a lot.

That's why I quitted 1.3.1 and started to play 1.2. I may continue with 1.3.2/1.4 when/if it comes out, but I bet it would be same crap like 1.3/1.3.1.

ThaD
December 13, 2005, 6:57 pm
quote: back then the players used to be a lot friendlier than today

quote:michal marcinkowski's stupidity

Ymies while your frustration is understanable you have to keep in mind it's just a game. Offending a man just because he made something which you obviously don't like is... childish.

Deleted User
December 13, 2005, 10:38 pm
i was goin to join your little community but for you ignorance and stupidity i will not. although telling the facts might not always win you the vote, doin it in a friendly and mature fashion will win you respect. remember that in future, i wish you luck with your idea

_Mancer_
December 13, 2005, 11:13 pm
Good luck Ymies but you are going to fail miserably. Good riddance, we don't need any more euro whiners in soldat.

reckon
December 13, 2005, 11:13 pm
We need more ass kickers like me.
HOO RAH.