( search forums )
Possessing other players as admin!?!??!
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
nfsjunkie91
December 11, 2005, 5:38 pm
Ok, this JUST happened to me. i was not running the soldtserver.exe, i just ran soldat normally, and chose internet game and register in lobby server. Well, my mom wanted me t odo something, so i just /setteam5 -={PC}=-Nfsjunkie91. well, i came back, and wanted to join again, so i type /setteam1 -={PC}=-Nfsjunkie91.

Now comes the weird part

It didn't put me in the game, so i tried it a couple times. Well, someone came into the game named Patrick^^, and all of a sudden, my view focused on them. they respawned 2 times, then stopped respawning, and i was in control of their character. i could move around, talk, shoot, anything. a couple of ppl were skeptical of me being the game admin, so i proved it by adding a bot. Then, i /setteam5'ed my self again, then setteam1'd myself. The next time some1 came in, i was playing as them! The EXACT SAME THING happened. After that, ppl accused me of hacking, so i shut down my server... but this is a really weird glitch, does anyone know why this happens?

KeYDoN
December 11, 2005, 6:39 pm
thats the MM effect ;O
features were replaced by bugs :P

we have to w8 for teh new version :/ or a "fix"

DePhille
December 11, 2005, 6:59 pm
Though it seems that there'll have to be one fast since the current bugs are kinda big (Especially the log-bug will have a huge effect on U13SSS and Zitro etc.)

Grtz , DePhille

Michal Marcinkowski
December 12, 2005, 11:53 am
Are you sure your mom didn't do that? :)

This is an old bug, I remember it. It's really odd and hard to reproduce.