( search forums )
Team Barriers
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
0xSilentx0
December 11, 2005, 6:30 pm
I'de want a team barrier if you ever played Castle Wars in Runescape....Its a barrier around your spawn or base so people cant spawn kill....And if you have the flag, you cant go through your own team barrier so the other team can their base back....Bullets cant go out or inside of the barrier to prevent friendly fire...

crg23
December 13, 2005, 12:28 am
Good idea.

You could always just have people spawn up in the air or something though.

rabidhamster
December 13, 2005, 12:41 am
but this takes the fun out of ctf!

fine then.

Deleted User
December 13, 2005, 1:12 am
No, people dont really get spawned kill these days. No need for ideas like that.

GluLm
December 13, 2005, 1:55 am
Bad idea. This would be abused and annoying to implement.
If you want to avoid spawnkill, play against fair people or make a map with a mapmaker where the bases are elevated (like in inf_abel).
Bad idea. Boo.

Deleted User
December 13, 2005, 2:24 am
like polys and colliders :D

Deleted User
December 13, 2005, 7:20 am
hmm i approve but only for the good it could bring, and cause silents a hottie

Deleted User
December 13, 2005, 6:59 pm
lol runescape
castlewars is fun

Deleted User
December 14, 2005, 8:51 pm
it already exists. you just put a bunch of colliders around spawn points.

XenocidE
December 14, 2005, 10:35 pm
Technically no it doesn't exist. Yes there are Polys that can be made so shots can not go through them, but that doesn't stop people going into the spawn area or area that has the barriers.

I like the idea more for a newbie sense. Most beginners to the game have a hard time of grasping the isntant movement from the spawn-area right after you respawn. It'd be cool to implement it into a beginner type map system.

Deleted User
December 14, 2005, 10:57 pm
I also think this would be abused. It sounds cool, but I don't think we REALLY need it.

Antifate
December 15, 2005, 12:33 am
*Kills one guy, runs into spawn barrier, waits for countdown to wind down, wins DM* Well at least I play DM with time limit. But anyway, this idea is bad.

Saint-Cross
December 18, 2005, 10:10 pm
It'd be better if there was a way so that once you leave the circle, you can't enter it again until you die.Otherwise it'd be abused.

Kaider
December 18, 2005, 11:29 pm
quote:Originally posted by Saint-CrossIt'd be better if there was a way so that once you leave the circle, you can't enter it again until you die.Otherwise it'd be abused.

Lol,Runescape.It got too overwhelming for me. So many things I need to do, if I have just one skill that a little low, I get made fun of, so many quests to complete,too many skills to improve on. This coming from a level 80 member.

DeLarge
December 19, 2005, 12:28 am
I suggested this before, oh well.