( search forums )
Slow/laggy Main Menu
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
JiggaBlue
December 11, 2005, 7:23 pm
Well, my soldat Menu(Like |Start Game|Join|Player|ETC) is lagging. I'll click on a tab and the page will change, but the tab will still be on the previous one, so before i can do anything on the new tab i have to wait for the selected tab to change. I already completly reinstalled with deleting the folder and all. But its still the same, so now im going to reinstal with a restart inbetween. Thanks for anyone who can help.

papasurf31
December 11, 2005, 9:39 pm
I have this same problem, but it's just cause my computer is slow. It's happened to me every single version since 1.2.1. It's not really that annoying.

DePhille
December 11, 2005, 10:07 pm
I'm having this too.
Ironic , the faster the PC the longer the time between it it seems.
When I run it on my dads PC (slower) it almoast goes instantly , but when I try it on my PC (faster) it takes some time too , though there's no lag (I can click around and things change immediately).

It could have something to do with the harddisk though , I hear it rambling alot when changing tabs sometimes.

Grtz , DePhille

m00`
December 12, 2005, 5:16 am
THATS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENS TO ME... ZOMG FINALLY SOMONE HAS THE SAME PROBLEM..... I tried everything too, nothing helped, i think reformatting will help you, i will reformat in a month or 2 and it will hopefully help :p

DePhille
December 12, 2005, 5:58 pm
Refromatting doesn't help.
I installed Soldat on a fresh machine and it still had the same.
It's just a delay and not really lag as you can click on checkboxes and stuff.

Grtz , DePhille

JiggaBlue
December 14, 2005, 12:28 am
It is really annoying to me. But my soldat has never done this till right before 1.3.1

Well, its running a little fast now, and the only change is i have way less items in my sytem tray, but it started before i had all them. It might have been AVG or Spybot cuz it stopping being alggy after i removed them :O

Silent Soldier
December 15, 2005, 5:35 pm
quote:Originally posted by papasurf31I have this same problem, but it's just cause my computer is slow. It's happened to me every single version since 1.2.1. It's not really that annoying.

Seconded.

mike323
December 15, 2005, 11:36 pm
Yeah same problem here, but my computer is fast (3.2 gHz athlon) so i don't think it has to do with processor speed

Echo_Trail
December 16, 2005, 3:15 pm
It's happening on every computer.. I, as DePhille, can click in checkboxers immidiatly, but the page has to 'update' before actually showing any changes!
At first, i thought this was extremely irritating, but now i'm just sort of used to it

Mikeman
January 6, 2006, 9:45 am
This bug I found when I got Windows XP, The menus are laggy. This bug comes with these: Windows XP + Some kind of Anti-Virus/. Example: F-Secure + Win XP.

This laggy bug wasnt on my old computer, it had Win 98 + F-Secure,
so Win 98 works good with soldat menus..no lagging..

To get this bug away: Use Win 98 :P or disable ur Anti-Virus programs :P (Not recommened)

DePhille
January 8, 2006, 9:55 pm
Oh, since Soldat updates the soldat.ini file when you change tabs the antivirus will probably try to check that file and that delays the highlight.
That's probably the reason why it 'lags' , ppl with faster harddisk will have less problems with this I think.

Grtz , DePhille

Deleted User
January 13, 2006, 8:10 am
quote:Originally posted by MikemanThis bug I found when I got Windows XP, The menus are laggy. This bug comes with these: Windows XP + Some kind of Anti-Virus/. Example: F-Secure + Win XP.

This laggy bug wasnt on my old computer, it had Win 98 + F-Secure,
so Win 98 works good with soldat menus..no lagging..

To get this bug away: Use Win 98 :P or disable ur Anti-Virus programs :P (Not recommened)

I use windowsxp and none antivirus but this problem still occurs.