( search forums )
NEW GAMEMODE WOW! BALL-MOD!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Show off your partially 1337 mods!
KeFear
December 11, 2005, 11:09 pm
Ball-Mods
-----------------

Ever noticed that the knife in 1.3.1 bounces from the ground when you just tap it to throw? This mod makes benefit from this! Now you get a red spotted ball, a pink spotted ball, a basketball, a soccer ball or a football instead of the knife! You can throw it, then catch it! :) Or, you can use it with your friends, for a party of dodgeball! You can use any map, or make one for it, and use only one knife for the whole match!

Included: a demo that demonstrates how to bounce tha balls.
Keep an eye on the extre secret knife-mod in the pack!!

Enjoy!

Download: Gimme' Teh Ballz!

(yeah, i WAS tired and bored when i did this ^^)

nfsjunkie91
December 12, 2005, 7:59 pm
This will be awesome. i swear, the first thing i did when i noticed knife bnounced, is go on airpirates, and bounce it off one of the ledges... i went on for about a minute, it was uber-fun.

Deleted User
December 12, 2005, 11:48 pm
Heh..

Reminds me of how i used to throw the knife at the ceiling of the Undermine map in INF and catch it. Endless fun... *sigh*

Deleted User
December 13, 2005, 1:17 am
Wish you couldve pade it a pink ball or something. Whenever I see a knife on the floor, I think its health, ahaha.

reckon
December 13, 2005, 2:29 am
You can make it pink, its not hard to open up ms paint and start editing.

Yukwunhang
December 13, 2005, 3:44 am
Yar. A new ball for basketball <3.

KeFear
December 13, 2005, 5:45 pm
Well, i re-made the mod, and it turned to a mod-pack!

Includes:
-a Red Spotted Ball
-a Pink Spotted Ball
-a Basketball
-a Soccer Ball
-a Football

AND a HAMMER!

Hope you like it. There is a demo included, play it if you don't get it.

Yukwunhang
December 13, 2005, 6:32 pm
NOTE: It only works when the network is set to LAN.

GluLm
December 13, 2005, 8:09 pm
Haha, fun fun~
If the "catch a knife" feature ever gets implemented into Soldat, you could use a WM to set the knife to be harmless, then set up a team match, a volley ball map... and there you got a totally new game! :D

Damn having fun with a bug can be this pathetic, hehe...

Deleted User
December 13, 2005, 8:31 pm
This is already possible. Use a map that is a basketball court with a hoop and everything. 1vs1 or 2vs2. and you try to shoot the knife (basketball) into the hoop. :D!! Omg, wicked.

Dark_Noddy
December 13, 2005, 9:16 pm
if U wanna make it even more hardcore make the hoop or whatever the spawn location for a retardo bot that stands still >_< then make it TDM and put 1 bot on each of the teams 3 and 4 :O then players on 1 and 2 and U got yerself a basketball cup ^^

edak
December 13, 2005, 11:06 pm
LOL noddy, what a great idea!!! Too bad it's LAN only. :( I suggest on that basketball map turn off the jets, or have minimal jets so you have to jump.

KeFear
December 13, 2005, 11:16 pm
well, you can play online when network is set to LAN.... that's how you could play the good ol' Soldat Soccer map ;)

Deleted User
December 14, 2005, 12:15 am
I smell custom maps.

The Twilight
December 15, 2005, 12:33 am
Best. Knife. Ever.

That One Guy
December 15, 2005, 1:29 am
I totally agree. To kill with a basketball or a soccer ball? Awesome.

0xSilentx0
December 24, 2005, 12:02 am
Omg you read my mind....I was gunna make a football mod where the longer you hold it the longer the pass would be....But I couldnt figure out how the receiver would catch it...

Mi6o
December 24, 2005, 8:38 pm
Awsome job. I dodgeball session. Sweeet!

edak
January 3, 2006, 11:00 pm
make knife damage = 0
increase speed so you can adjust how far you "kick" it.
lets see a football server!