( search forums )
cross-hair idea
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
zyxstand
December 12, 2005, 11:55 pm
a good way to solver the barret problem and any other low-hit high damage, such as perhaps ruger but not m79, would be to simply take out a far-reaching crosshair. either completely remove the cross hair and aim through naturally through the direction of the gun (not recommended) or just make a crosshair that only reaches about 8 soldat meters (an inch or so on the screen).
Then you may further extend this distance specifically with barret (maybe 4 inches (though not good enough for camping)) only when using the scope and perhaps also extend any other gun's view that could potentially have a scope equipped with it (maybe like ruger, law, or steyr?). That way, the barret will naturally be much more difficult to use (except for them annoying campers).

rabidhamster
December 13, 2005, 12:39 am
what would the "sniper line" be called then?

Deleted User
December 13, 2005, 1:13 am
We dont need a line.

Deleted User
December 13, 2005, 5:28 am
The idea is that you have a shorter line, so that you cannot perfectly tell where the gun is pointing at long ranges.

Echo_Trail
December 13, 2005, 8:53 am
I actually don't find the barret as big a problem, as i did to start with. I don't think this is needed.
Anyway, if this should be added, i think it should be a check/uncheck feature.

Deleted User
December 13, 2005, 6:47 pm
I just added a long black line to the end of my weapon graphics, I can see barrets incoming, and use it as a sniper line. It already is diffucult to use.

You need to get over it.

It has too much bink, too.

Dark_Noddy
December 13, 2005, 6:55 pm
cant see why ppl complain about hte barret, nomatter what is done ppl wont stfu untill its removed from the game, whereas they will start complaining about something else.. FFS U just got a warmup time AND more bink on it >_< Be quiet !