( search forums )
Something to make voting maps easier...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
crazymonkey
December 13, 2005, 2:20 am
I have alot of maps, and voting is a pain with how slow the arrows go. How about a voting command? Like /vote ctf_B2b, but make it so it's a limited selection within the current gamemode, like if it's ctf and you /vote Arena, the message, "That map is not a ctf map," pops up.

GluLm
December 13, 2005, 10:58 am
Excellent suggestion!
I've thought about that sometimes too, I'm so glad someone actually posted this!
A /vote map command should be simple to implement and so convenient... so I guess MM could add it to the next version.

Also I'll add something: it'd be good to retrieve some kind of list of all available maps on a server someone plays on. This way people won't vote for maps that exist on their hdd but don't exist on the server. They'll see only maps in the server's maplist for instance.

Deleted User
December 13, 2005, 12:59 pm
Not especially useful, but if Michal could add it easily, sounds good.

crazymonkey
December 14, 2005, 12:56 pm
quote:Originally posted by GluLmExcellent suggestion!
I've thought about that sometimes too, I'm so glad someone actually posted this!
A /vote map command should be simple to implement and so convenient... so I guess MM could add it to the next version.

Also I'll add something: it'd be good to retrieve some kind of list of all available maps on a server someone plays on. This way people won't vote for maps that exist on their hdd but don't exist on the server. They'll see only maps in the server's maplist for instance.

Yea, something like: /maplist
or
If someone wants to see maplists for just ctf: /maplist ctf

It would really make things convenient. Can't tell how many times I've had to borrow a server for a scrim and everyone took 2 minutes to vote a map.

Keron Cyst
December 14, 2005, 6:20 pm
YES!! /maplist! And since the current map system only allows players to change to maps only the server recognizes, the selection should include the server's picks and exclude player-exclusive maps.

Or servers should be able to finally download a player's map (heck, that'd be the map-vote suggestion to end all map-vote suggestions)...

CrazyKid980
December 20, 2005, 3:42 pm
Good idea, or at least if the admin accpets it, like when someone suggests it, it'll go the admin first. Once he accepts it, the voting will begin. And if he isn't there (like a 20 sec time to choose), then it won't accpet the change.