( search forums )
REALLY weird bug!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - 1.3.1 related complaints and/or whining -NO BUGS-
Kaider
December 13, 2005, 2:52 am
I was playing in Leo's Realistic Inf, and all of a sudden, there was two of someone! They weren't hacking, and they both had different pings. It was an exact clone, without the (1) even!I was on blue, the clone was on red, but respawning at the blue base. I could kill the clone and everything.I asked the original to rejoin the game to see if it would solve the problem. The original knifed the clone, or the other way around. One said "ns", the other said "thakns". I rejoined, and it solved the problem. It turned out the clone was another player, with a different name, different look, different everything.Friendly Fire was off, so I couldn't kill "my new teammate", even though I could when it was a "clone".It just appeared on my screen to be the same exact thing as the original. Has this ever happened to anyone else? Am I alone? Will this happen again, or was this a one-time thing? How did this happen in the first place? Even if the "clone" was technically on my team, I could still kill it, and the other people saw it as TKing, even though Friendly Fire was off and I wasn't using a LAW or nade or anything that could make them "commit suicide"?

Keron Cyst
December 13, 2005, 2:56 am
It's a client-side issue. Something like that happened to me in 1.3, only that time an enemy was fitted with my team's gostek colors (he wasn't cheating). Let's hope Marcinkowski resolves both of these, but I think it's a lesser problem of the numerous new.

Deleted User
December 13, 2005, 5:15 am
yep the same thing happend to me. i tried to switch teams but It disconnected me and when i rejoined there were to of me. lol Weird