( search forums )
inf_smb w3-1 (originally on leo's forum)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
lpzie
December 13, 2005, 4:09 am
I'll just copy the info from there verbatim...
-----------------

100% complete.

This is my last Super Mario Bros map (don't wanna go overboard with a good idea, ya'kno?) This map is much more tactical, and I believe will be more enjoyable then the first one (although the first one is a classic by itself: cause even if you sucked at that game, you saw the first map... not everyone seen this one)

This maps got a few new features from the first one...
:: ? boxes give health back if you hit from the bottom (burn jetfuel under them for faster health)
:: 1 cloud on blue side gives health back (incase they respawn and are at half health from a sprayer
:: a wall of "colliders" (think invisible wall) at the end of the clouds to prevent very long distance spraying
:: controlled amount of jetfuel to prevent reds from getting up to the blue's respawn from ground level
:: easiler to escape pipes
:: black flag glows in the dark (you'll understand that one day)
:: not suicide friendly (you run off the edge of the map, you'll die, duh)
:: holes in the clouds @ the blues respawn don't allow nades or bullets through -- aka, no nade dropping or spraying from above. gotta go down to engage the enemies.
:: a working spring (by working, I mean like 80% of the time... you land on it wrong and who knows what might happen to you, LOL)
:: a secret xxxxx the xxxxxx
:: a secret path from xxx xxxxx xxxxx to the xxxx's xxxx

enjoy it...

[IMAGE]
to enlarge: http://img324.imageshack.us/my.php?image=infsmbw317id.jpg

Download from here:
http://www.filelodge.com/files/hdd4/69789/inf_smb%20w3-1.rar

rabidhamster
December 17, 2005, 2:23 am
i feel bad that no one replied to this, so...

great job. the only thing it's missing is a good background color, try 64,128,192 rgb.

Deleted User
December 17, 2005, 3:49 am
:o coooool
*downloads"*

lpzie
December 19, 2005, 5:33 pm
cool, thx for the replies. and the bg is fine; it matches the actual map =P

ViruZ
December 20, 2005, 9:11 am
Awesome map!! I like it, gj

numgun
December 20, 2005, 10:04 am
LMAO!
mario + soldat = /:O

good work dude!

Kaider
December 21, 2005, 4:43 am
I can't play this map on Leo's server for some reason. I downloaded it from here to make sure I have all the rigght sceneries, but I just have black layers overlap my Soldat.

- Tek -
December 21, 2005, 6:18 am
Yeah I had teh same problem too, the game's download function doesn't always work.

Always get your maps from here.

lpzie
December 21, 2005, 7:01 am
to fix that problem... delete your cc_czxxxxxxx.bmp file from textures/edges (not sure what the xxx's are, but you should see it from the cc_cz part)

Then just get it again from Leo's server, or from right here.

Long story how that happened, Lol.

Deleted User
December 21, 2005, 8:45 am
I've found there is missing (or wrong-named?) screnaries in the map, and many of the bricks do not show.
is there any ways to fix it?

lpzie
December 21, 2005, 11:20 am
as far as I know, no scenery is missing. but maybe there is something i overlooked.

download the first map, and maybe that should help you out...

here --> http://www.filelodge.com/files/hdd4/69789/inf_supermariobr.rar