( search forums )
modding
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Modding help
hammerman33
December 13, 2005, 4:35 am
hey i was wondering if there is any weapon modding tools out there

SPARTAN_III
December 13, 2005, 6:36 am
if you mean weapon stats, it's called notepad (comes with windows)
if you mean weapon graphics, it's called MSPaint (comes with windows)

Veritas
December 13, 2005, 12:56 pm
quote:Originally posted by SPARTAN_III

Paint is only good for one thing, keeping your five year old niece occupied. Use Photoshop instead, with it you can actually get results that look good.

Deleted User
December 14, 2005, 12:31 am
quote:Originally posted by Veritasquote:Originally posted by SPARTAN_III

Paint is only good for one thing, keeping your five year old niece occupied. Use Photoshop instead, with it you can actually get results that look good.

Tsk tsk tsk we have a winner.

Deleted User
December 14, 2005, 12:45 am
quote:Originally posted by Veritasquote:Originally posted by SPARTAN_III

Is that so? All of the below weapons were made from scratch in Paint by me, and my avatar and signature

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

ETA Capt. Meisseli
December 14, 2005, 2:14 pm
Yeah. MB talks the truth. n00bs use photoshop. Atleast for my oppinion. It requires skill to make w/ ms paint. Like FM BM has.

Keron Cyst
December 14, 2005, 6:48 pm
Pwn3d. @Veritas: Photoshop is for super-large photos. MSP is what you want if you're getting down and dirty into pixel images smaller than avatars.

December 15, 2005, 5:04 am
oh yeah.

paint rulez, and everyone who objects is pretty much a n00b.

sure, photoshop can do cool effects... but on a pic that's 6x5 pixels? no thanks, i doubt anyone could see it.

FMBM rox, and aznbl00d, and all the other modders. Oh look, they use paint.

Yukwunhang
December 15, 2005, 10:45 am
oh yeah.

paint rulez, and everyone who objects is pretty much a n00b.

sure, photoshop can do cool effects... but on a pic that's 6x5 pixels? no thanks, i doubt anyone could see it.

FMBM rox, and aznbl00d, and all the other modders. Oh look, they use paint.

numgun
December 15, 2005, 11:57 am
blah... i use paint shop pro!(warez) it r0x0rz!

Meandor
December 16, 2005, 4:01 pm
All this talk about tools.. Using this or that app doesn't make you look cooler.

Deleted User
December 16, 2005, 5:50 pm
quote:Originally posted by MeandorAll this talk about tools.. Using this or that app doesn't make you look cooler.

Nobody said it did :p (I at least) was just proving that paint can be used effectively in response to this comment:

quote:Paint is only good for one thing, keeping your five year old niece occupied. Use Photoshop instead, with it you can actually get results that look good.

Deleted User
December 17, 2005, 2:42 am
Meandor is right, but what FMBM and I are saying is that you shouldn't downgrade another program just because you don't use it. I'm a paint user and proud, but PSP 9 and Photoshop CS 2 are both on my PC.

And they're NOT warez either but I did get huge discounts.

MM uses PSP 7.

Deleted User
December 17, 2005, 1:23 pm
Who really cares what you use? If you want a good program, use what MM uses.....Jasc paint shop pro.