( search forums )
yet another complain - Sry 2b an ass
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - 1.3.1 related complaints and/or whining -NO BUGS-
Echo_Trail
December 13, 2005, 9:20 am
Dear Soldat Creator/MM/God.
Since i'm in whining forums, i'll use this chance to whine bigtime!
So If you don't wanna read bull[CENSORED], proceed to the #2

#1'The soldat and the Warlord'
"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO OUR M79", he cried, with snot running down over his mouth and on to his chin.
The Polish warlord looked upon him, and thought to himself, "My gosh, what a pathetic being! Geez, i should end his suffering"
The heart broken echo_trail cries as he sees the shadow of His Immortal excelence, taking out from his robe a m79.
Echo looks up, and as their eyes meet, it's as if the universe explodes! Echo - crying bloody tears of a million dusty players, MM - with his mighty m79, pointed at the soldiers face.
"this is the end for you, young one"..

Echo sits up.. he lights a smoke. He's not crying anymore, instead he's just sitting there, talking to himself, "how could it ever come to this?" he wonders "maybe it always has been"
What feels like a billion seconds passes as MM slowly presses the trigger, the final hour has come. But what is this? It doesn't fire! Echo is saved!! Thanks to trigger delay! What Luck!
MM: LoL, n00b weap! Echo [CENSORED]g!
echo: OMG luv u!
MM: FU! STFU HAXOR! /piss

#2 Ok, anyway, the m79 shouldn't have been changed! i hated it as it were, and i never used it, but now when it's changed i realize, i miss it.
In earlier posts, i make a point of changing being nescessary to keep soldat in balance, but MM, with all due respect, i think this is too much.
Hell, i'll follow soldat whereever it goes, but this path, i cannot agree with.
i know many feel the same way, and not to be a creep, but i really think this should be looked into changing! In the next patch perhaps? I leave it to you, but this opinion belongs to alot of players. I don't know about the normal mode players though, but i know that realistic gameplay is alot faster, so delay ruins it for those certain weapons.
Feedback appreciated
echo out

Chakra`
December 13, 2005, 10:30 am
Uhh ...m79 ain't delayed, if thats what you're saying guv.

Otherwise.... don't eat cheese late at night while playing Soldat man. That dream's about as weird as that one I had with the canadian mounties on a golf course..

Echo_Trail
December 13, 2005, 10:36 am
what are you talking about? I was playing on LRA server, and the m79 was delayed.. like the LAW!..
This couldn't have been a bug.
canadian mounts on a Golf Course? Gimme more:P

Chakra`
December 13, 2005, 10:41 am
Yeah was a funny dream. It was in a mansion or lodge of some sort on a golfing course, and these mounties were there just chilling out, having beers, playing pool, with golf clubs swung over their back. I was sent to find the evil mountie but he ended up clubbing me to death...

..anyhow. Yeah. M79? delayed? it was experimentally 'delayed' in the first public weapon balance I created, but it's not in the release as far as I know. S'quite possible you were playing a WM (Weapon Modified) server guv.

Echo_Trail
December 13, 2005, 10:49 am
Hmm.. i guess! Oh well, nevermind the above then guys! :P
Oh yeah, i should have remembered! Leo's is WM. Man, ok, thx Chakra`.
Dude, see a shrink :D hehe..
Anyway, I had a dream much alike once! In one of those sweedish mountain inns. About Wherewolfs! Nevermind! thx dude..

Chakra`
December 13, 2005, 10:56 am
Yeahhhh ... Leo's real mode CTF (and possibly INF and TDM) has a delay on the m79. No idea why, as it's a right [CENSORED].

headstone
December 14, 2005, 11:47 pm
Now I wish they delayed it just to piss you off.

Kaider
December 15, 2005, 12:19 am
Echo....It's on Leo's Realistic Servers only that have the delay (as stated before). PM Leo about it. He's Leo on the forums. (lol)

Echo_Trail
December 15, 2005, 6:09 am
kaider, i was informed earlier :D
But hey, you play at Leo's alot. Don't you think it's irritating like [CENSORED]?

Kaider
December 15, 2005, 8:18 pm
Sometimes..... I'm not that much against it, but hey, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It wouldn't matter much to me if it was removed or if it stayed.