( search forums )
The multilauncher
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
Veritas
December 13, 2005, 12:12 pm
As of late I've been working a lot on my WM Unreal Realism (couldn't think of a better name), thanks to papasurf for inspiring me with his Neo-Soldat mod.

Anyway, I've heard about people who make their own WM so that one weapon has a fireinterval of 1, shoots rockets or whatever, so I got curious and tested it, pretty fun, albeit unbalanced, but my rocket shooting mega-minigun gave me an idea, what if I balanced it, gave it 5 ammo, fireinterval 4 and 550 reload time?

The result was something I call the multilauncher, modded with sounds from Liero it's a nifty, highly specialized support weapon that fires a short burst of rockets and takes a year to reload. useless on it's own but great for breaking the enemies position. And as a bonus, it removes all mini-surfing and any lag caused by what's normally ~50 minigun bullets in trajectory.

Seeing as the minigun is almost always disabled online, what do you guys think of this as an alternative?

Note: I've changed the socom so it shoots faster but does a great deal less damage, has a longer reload and is less accurate, therefore it's not practical to use the socom as a primary and the multilauncher as a secondary, it's especially difficult to do damage with the socom in realistic mode.

Deleted User
December 13, 2005, 12:59 pm
Just because it's not used competitively, doesn't mean the Minigun is useless. I use it occasionally in ctf when I have to clear my base, especially on ctf_Kampf.

Veritas
December 13, 2005, 4:07 pm
quote:Originally posted by StalkyJust because it's not used competitively, doesn't mean the Minigun is useless. I use it occasionally in ctf when I have to clear my base, especially on ctf_Kampf.

I know, the minigun is very effective if you use it properly, but almost everyone has it disabled in public servers to prevent the massive lag it can potentially cause. So why not fill that empty slot?

Deleted User
January 17, 2006, 12:28 am
I am for replacing the minigun; I made a post about it, but it disappeared. if we used this mod though, the LAW wouldn't be used anymore.

Deleted User
January 17, 2006, 1:07 am
..Yeah it would? They'd need a secondary..
But I dont wanna replace the minigun.

Eagles_Arrows
January 17, 2006, 2:35 am
Or...

Instead of the Multi-Launcher replacing the Minigun, why not make an object that provides you with a Multi-Launcher, like cluster bombs? It would replace your primary weapon, and once you use it up, it will fall out of your hands and your previous primary weapon will come back.

headstone
January 17, 2006, 10:15 pm
How the hell would you go about doing that?

John O
January 18, 2006, 8:28 pm
i just made the bullets faster on the minigun. kills quicker, is a better gun. i think thats all it needs.

numgun
January 19, 2006, 11:11 am
umm... liero weapons are MUCH MORE powerful than soldat weapons,
coz allmost all weaps are explosive. even handgun!

but for WM sake, its ok to implement. =D

Deleted User
January 19, 2006, 11:49 am
Minigun would be harder to handle with fast bullets.
I think its fine like it is.