( search forums )
CTF/KZ AthleticIsle - Avarax's Happy Comeback Maps
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Avarax
December 13, 2005, 12:17 pm

ctf_AthleticsIsle and kz_AthleticsIsle - My Comeback.

Well, it's been 3 months since i last pressed the "Join Game" Button, because i fell for World of Warcraft... Anyways, here i am back, i returned just 3 days ago and noticed a decent numbers of servers with climb maps and some new ones here in the forums, so instead of continueing my current cs-soldat map (ctf_de_chateau) i was urged to make another climb map. i got inspired by one of my visits on those climb servers, i played one of those ctf_athletics maps and i figured out as i did before that they give you very much action, more than my other climb maps. that is because:
a) - u can see the others climbing and dying all the time, u are never alone except at the end part ;)
b) - obstacles are repeated over and over again, like 10 platforms with the same distance.
c) - shortness of the level and not too hard -> u can try to keep up with other players capping.

so i tried to copy athletics style with graphic improvements and the possibility of checkpoints (kz version for teammatch). the map i made contains 6 themes: Islands, Sky, Forest, Ice, Volcanos and Desert.

--------

Well, enough of talking, check it out:

OVERVIEW

[IMAGE]

--------

THE DOWNLOAD

both maps + scenery zipped:

[URL]

-----

ctf version:

[URL]

kz version (checkpoints):

[URL]

Custom Scenery (right click -> save as):

[IMAGE]

---------

INGAME SCREENS

Red Part: Islands and Sky theme

[URL]
[URL]

Blue Part: Forest theme

[URL]
[URL]

Yellow Part: Ice theme

[URL]

Green Part: Ice, Volcano and Desert theme

[URL]
[URL]
[URL]

------

Michal
December 13, 2005, 9:44 pm
Welcome back Avarax.
Nice map, it's challenging.
I find that climbing maps are more fun if it looks good, nice job.

Deleted User
December 14, 2005, 4:33 am
Very nice, its fun but easy :)

Uploaded to my fun map server.

Deleted User
December 14, 2005, 5:45 am
quote:Originally posted by EnEsCeVery nice, its fun but easy :)

I'll drop by sometime. Beautiful.

Avarax
December 14, 2005, 9:19 am
ty enesce :D

i think i'll create another climb map kind off similar to soulsnipas saw, with riddles, horror and stuff ;D

Deleted User
December 14, 2005, 11:53 am
quote:Originally posted by EnEsCeVery nice, its fun but easy :)

Yeah, right. Easy lol. Well if you don't lag, maybe. But I think you are lying. I doupt you completed it with the first attempt. I am a gm soldat athlete, and found it challanging.
And what the hell with fun map server? What's the ip? Actually it was my idea to make a fun map server. I posted it some days ago. Well if you have a fun map server then I will send my new maps to you. I have some good ideas.

Deleted User
December 14, 2005, 12:20 pm
quote:Originally posted by TradeMAAKquote:Originally posted by EnEsCeVery nice, its fun but easy :)

Yeah, right. Easy lol. Well if you don't lag, maybe. But I think you are lying. I doupt you completed it with the first attempt. I am a gm soldat athlete, and found it challanging.
And what the hell with fun map server? What's the ip? Actually it was my idea to make a fun map server. I posted it some days ago. Well if you have a fun map server then I will send my new maps to you. I have some good ideas.

LOL Ive been playing on climing maps for 6 or 7 months... and my fun map server has been around for almost a month. Ofcourse I didnt do it the first attempt without dying.
IP: server2.enesce.com
Port: 28000
http://enesce.com/index.php?page=maps
-------------------------

The one part about this that I hated was the final jump, where you have to jump between the 2 claw things xD
and those bouncy poly's, damn they get annoying lol :D

Avarax
December 14, 2005, 1:05 pm
quote:Originally posted by EnEsCethose bouncy poly's, damn they get annoying lol :D

bouncys? :O where?

EDIT:
enesce: i still miss 1.3.1 on your site in download area ;p

Edit2:
I just revived my climb map forum, its been inactive for a while, but i hope it regains some activity, check out the old threads ;)

www.climbingsoldiers.de.vu

@Enesce: could u possibly add it to your links? ;p

Deleted User
December 14, 2005, 2:10 pm
Bouncy polys, they are annoying. Sometimes it looks like pure luck not skill.