( search forums )
Oi, luv
Soldat Forums - Misc - Forum News and Support
Chakra`
December 13, 2005, 1:00 pm
These forums are, like, [CENSORED]ed.

This place has more infrequent downtime than the Foo Fighters. Whats going on?

Swebonny
December 13, 2005, 4:45 pm
I donĀ“t know...luv ;)

Deleted User
December 13, 2005, 5:12 pm
I don't know, but it's too silent here ... luv <.<
Would it be possible to get another host, who handles things like theses? I often get weird white screens of destruction with some error message (too stupid to have copied it)
[code]Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e31'

Timeout expired

/inc_header.asp, line 176 [/code]
Hope it helps at all

Yukwunhang
December 13, 2005, 5:20 pm
....Let's wait for Styx.

Vijchtidoodah
December 13, 2005, 6:53 pm
Same as cog's, cept mine are more like

Provider error '80004005'
Unspecified error
/inc_header.asp, line 106

or

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80004005'
Timeout expired
/inc_header.asp, line 106

Dark_Noddy
December 13, 2005, 6:59 pm
and even if U dont get a error it takes like 30 secs to load a thread with 1 single line of post >_< BLarg !

b00stA
December 13, 2005, 7:04 pm
I PMed Styx and Michal, we'll see what happens.

Chakra`
December 26, 2005, 6:37 pm
bu-[CENSORED]ing-mp

I bet Michal got stuck in a chimney while giving poor starving kids barrets and miniguns..

Deleted User
December 26, 2005, 6:46 pm
this forums is so slow nowadays

Deleted User
December 26, 2005, 8:13 pm
This is just like what happend to Flecko's custom forum thing. It usually took way to long to load one page. Now, he switched to invision board.

DePhille
December 26, 2005, 10:06 pm
I'm doing my research on it.
I got a server ready for MM (free) in USA or EU if he wants.
I PMed him but he didnt answer last time so I'll just wait till he shows up somewhere.

Grtz , DePhille

Ebby
December 26, 2005, 11:16 pm
quote:Originally posted by Dark_Noddyand even if U dont get a error it takes like 30 secs to load a thread with 1 single line of post >_< BLarg !

Ick, I thought I was the only one going through that.

Plus, the forum was down for me all day yesterday...;-;

The Geologist
December 27, 2005, 12:19 am
Nah, not just you...I've had grouble viewing pages from multiple computers and connections. :/ Although I was definately able to sign on yesterday and flipthrough a few topics, albeit rather slowly.

Seems like it comes and goes, so I don't have too many gripes about the situation. 'cept when I have trouble posting a map, then all hell breaks loose.

Ebby
December 27, 2005, 12:33 am
quote:Originally posted by The GeologistNah, not just you...I've had grouble viewing pages from multiple computers and connections. :/ Although I was definately able to sign on yesterday and flipthrough a few topics, albeit rather slowly.

Seems like it comes and goes, so I don't have too many gripes about the situation. 'cept when I have trouble posting a map, then all hell breaks loose.

Well, I was just a little worried because I'm having registration problems. It's not good to feel like something isn't legit, and have even the forums go down.

Deleted User
December 27, 2005, 6:40 am
When I post a reply, it went from rendered in 0,9 seconds to like 30 seconds >_<

DePhille
December 27, 2005, 11:03 am
30Seconds is maximum , after that the script times out.
The server where the forums are currently running on is overloaded , too many websites are eating up it's CPU.
Normally these forums would take 0.01 seconds to render but since other websites are hosted at the same server it goes up to 20 and maybe 30. And if it reaches 30 , the server CPU hangs for a moment so if other websites also start demanding alot of the CPU the server crashes.

Thats why sometimes there are only "Time-out errors" and sometimes "500" errors.

This is could be avoided by running a linux OS (The current one is Windows I think) with MySQL and PHP , which is a bit faster. Again , that will only take away 10% of the problems since the server is overloaded.

Grtz , DePhille

vash763
December 27, 2005, 1:26 pm
I get time outs frequently nowadays

Deleted User
December 27, 2005, 1:28 pm
Gotta love windows.

b00stA
December 28, 2005, 7:22 pm
Yes, Linux will magically solve all your problems!!!

DePhille
December 28, 2005, 10:24 pm
Not linux alone , also running PHP with MySQL will.

Dark_Noddy
December 29, 2005, 1:09 am
Then it wouldnt be magic now would it ? >_<

DePhille
December 29, 2005, 1:19 pm
I'm not a Linux fan , far from that , but I'm a webprogrammer; I do know that if I make a website on Windows or Linux that Linux will be the fastest and most reliable. FliesLikeABrick or any other decent webprogrammer will prove that.

If you want to call it Magic, be my guest.

Grtz , DePhille