( search forums )
It will only get better
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Ok
December 13, 2005, 1:40 pm
So many talks of other versions and complaints about this one etc etc.
I'm a huge fan of nostalgy and its pretty obvious with all my posts.
But when it comes to the game itself I'm somehow confused.

Now don't get me wrong , I'm a huge fan of 1.2
But the difference is my friends, is that you are not aware of the reasons to the speciality of that version.
I'm not a programmer, (so far from that) but!
1.2 was the least buggy version betwin the new age versions (MEaning everything that came AFTER 1.1.5)

1.2 was not the most balanced, I remember the need to apply teamwork against teams that didnt even know the meaning of that just for the simple reason they used certin weapons.

HOWEVER! it was not as unbalanced as 1.2.1, and get this, the main and most important reason of all, it was the most free of bugs version.
That simple! forget the balance! its not important, ppl enjoyed a game of basicly 1 major weapon (Barret) in 1.1.5 and before it!
And they enjoyed it and played it and didn't whine as much as today.

Think about it, the bugs are the most annoying thing in the game, no bad balance can [CENSORED] up a game like unregistered shots, or invisble nades and insible shots, or just players warp all over insted of lag for them.
Fact: I find it easier to play (and hit) with a 200 ping rather then a 100 one. (after 2 years of playing with 100 ping), its just harder for others to hit me, while shots actualy register with my 200 ping. wierd innit.

So 1.2 was great because it wasn't a barret and camping game anymore, WHILE not having as many bugs as the next versions introduced.
Now I'm no programmer, I'm no net expert either. but it seems to me, that 1.2.1 with its bink introduction created more bugs, and 1.3 with the self bink (plus the already existing bink) introduced even MORE bugs, and 1.3.1 as usual brought even more new and annoying bugs.
I know that 1.2 had its bugs, but they weren't that serious (unregistered hits ARE serious).

Prehapes there's a link betwin the two?

Also noticed how everyone are saying "omg De's are great now" , it hasn't been changed one bit.
Yet everyoe suddenly say : "Omg hits actualy register"
1.3.1 to my opinion introduced a new balance, probably more balanced then any.
But it also brought so many horrible bugs.

So I believe that today with the expirience of the beta team (not the singler player but more in the colective thinking area) there's a better chance at reaching a good balance (close to perfect).

The bugs are horrible, they're a pain in the ass! sure, BUT! fixing bugs is only a factor of time, there will be no argument and no need for discussion, its all about MM fixing them.
So unlike the balance issues there's no problem there, just sit tight and wait.

Now the barret, oi the barret, I've been an anti barret player (with my tactics and way of thinking) for most of my "carrier" however, in the last 3-4 months I've been laming with it left and right, with the sole purpose of just trying to understand the players who use it, and the feeling on the other side of the gun.
I completly understand all those who complain about it, I completly understand how annoying it must be to suffer that delay, its freaking annoying! you see someone, and wanna shoot him, but there's liek this period of helplessness (hope I got that right) and its very frustrating for someone who is used to just point click using his instincs.
But, I also completly understand how balanced it makes the game, how fair it is that others will get the chance to kill u as much as u get the chance to kill them.

Now I take this way of thinking, and apply it on the knife, ruger or any other weapons that ppl are whining about atm.
And I reach the decision that eventualy the only thing that has happened, is that everything that was nerfed now simply requirs more skill to do what was easly done before.

So yea, I want to play 1.2 , becuase I got used to it, it was a period when I enjoyed the clan wars I played when it was possible for me to rely on what I see on my screen inorder to kill.
I know I won't get that again, since I simply won't play clan wars again and will not get those ppl I miss again.

But I do believe that the feeling of 1.2 will arrive for otherswith a much better balance and free of annoying bugs.
I believe with all honesty that Soldat (the game itself) will get better as long as the beta team will cotninue its current status and michal will keep fixing the bugs.

I can only say I'm so sad that the period of adjustments and realazation came on the expanse of my most active time.
I'm sad that the community does not show as much hope as the game itself.

Nevertheless, when it comes to the game itself, it has improved greatly , we just can't enjoy it fully (Yet).

NavySeal
December 13, 2005, 2:10 pm
Could you name all the bugs you hate? Second the hit registered can barely be changed unless he make soldat send more packages to the server, but that would be more lag. Back in 1.2 you will have more sprayers ofcourse. Also wasn't DE more powerful back then, gonna get more of those guys to.

Ok
December 13, 2005, 3:10 pm
quote:[i]
1.2 was not the most balanced, I remember the need to apply teamwork against teams that didnt even know the meaning of that just for the simple reason they used certin weapons.
--
--
--
1.3.1 to my opinion introduced a new balance, probably more balanced then any.
But it also brought so many horrible bugs.
--
--
--
Nevertheless, when it comes to the game itself, it has improved greatly , we just can't enjoy it fully (Yet).

I'm glad you agree, NavySeal.
However, this isn't another whining thread about the new version, quite the contrary, so please don't turn this into 1.

Deleted User
December 13, 2005, 8:38 pm
the weapon balance should go back to 1.2

Deleted User
December 13, 2005, 9:38 pm
I love how it is now. I wis everyone could stop whining and just keep it as it is now. Just stop whining. Damnit. -_-

Deleted User
December 13, 2005, 10:31 pm
i reckon just bugfix patches for a long time to teach the community that you cant whine about things you have no control over

Deleted User
December 13, 2005, 11:20 pm
I now <3 the new version

XenocidE
December 13, 2005, 11:53 pm
Fix the bugs and the whinning is going to go away. I say don't do any major weapon modifications for a few more versions and just fix the major bugs. Maybe add a new uber ownage command? That will make the community the happiest for quite some time, imo.

_Mancer_
December 14, 2005, 12:50 am
Grab the flag and throw it.. it returns after like .5 seconds.

This bug SERIOUSLY SERIOUSLY can ruin a CTF match.

reckon
December 14, 2005, 3:53 am
Someone say my name?