( search forums )
knife delay+more
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - 1.3.1 related complaints and/or whining -NO BUGS-
December 13, 2005, 11:16 pm
Okay, i know that 1.3.1 has implemented a new knife delay, and barret delay. I don't care about the barret delay much, except it's tough getting used to. But the knife delay does annoy me, you can only throw at close range and even at max power, the knife won't fly very far....

all the weaps are also underpowered, it takes more than half an mp5 clip to kill someone...

Oh yeah, does anyone know why i can't join some servers cos of the maps? I can't download them...

headstone
December 13, 2005, 11:35 pm
Pfft. Suck it up. I got used to the beret delay after one game. I was owning with it and I never even used it in 3.1.

quote:But the knife delay does annoy me, you can only throw at close range and even at max power, the knife won't fly very far....

I believe the knife actaully goes farther at full power now.

quote:all the weaps are also underpowered, it takes more than half an mp5 clip to kill someone...
First of all, most weapons were improved or left the same, and second of all, the mp5 has a small clip and a really fast reload, so that is prefect. Please learn to back up your statements.

December 14, 2005, 4:22 am
hmm... dunno really.

I just noticed it takes more ammo to kill someone, even if they're standing very, very still

Dark_Noddy
December 14, 2005, 4:37 pm
concerning barret and the mp5 both were overpowerd in 1.3 now they have been lowerd a bit to better match the other weapons. Same goes for the knife, at full "throw" it flies just as far as it did earlier :o

Deleted User
December 16, 2005, 12:49 pm
i think you should be able to throw with full power by pressing teh drop-key to times or though..

but else everything is ok i think.. :)

Melba
December 16, 2005, 3:16 pm
How is there a delay?
It's a charger, not delay.

CrazyKid980
December 16, 2005, 10:14 pm
Who cares if the knife goes father? I love the knife the way it was. Easy to kill, save ya in tough place, and fun. Since this new "charger" came in place, i can't kill for crud with the knife.

Deleted User
December 17, 2005, 10:07 pm
"Yup" new knife just sux.In next soldat... My opinion barret delay would be removed... as knife delay too!

headstone
December 17, 2005, 10:39 pm
[q]Easy to kill[/q]

exactly

that's why it was nerfed

wow you really hit the nail on the head there

CrazyKid980
December 18, 2005, 9:38 am
So are m79's and barrets, but I don't see anyone complaining about knifes.

Deleted User
December 18, 2005, 1:35 pm
The Knife throwing was my weapon of choice so i was distressed but actually it makes very little difference. I wondered why it wasnt made so you could have two secondary weapons ie two knifes?

- Tek -
December 19, 2005, 1:03 am
I like the knife delay now, its not so easy to instant kill with it. We all know most people hate be instant kills. If you can get skilled at it, it becomes way more versitile. Like in small/tight tunnles and such, you could possible arc it around just right. Only problem is it doesn't do full damage on low power.

But the lessened deagles damage really hit me hard. god.... And it doesnt even get bink does it?

Deleted User
December 19, 2005, 1:50 am
Just some things to mention.

- The knife when thrown at full power only goes the same speed it would in the last version when thrown. It doesnt go any faster.

- No gun was actually improved in this version except for the saw, and in my opinion the barret. ALL guns were left the same or nerfed to compare to the guns left alone.

@Headstone

Please say correct statements.

Anyways, the barret delay isnt hard to counter. All you need to simply do is fire it like a law, or line yourself in the path with the soldat, so you dont have to drag to aim. The thing is extremely accurate now, so if you can aim with that delay, it will be an even better offense weapon then it was before. The knife however, I do agree needs to throw a little faster, it seems slower then it was before. One more thing, the HK was hit hard this version, its pretty bad.

@ the Deagles comment

It does bink, i beleive thats just the lag that apparently has been around in soldat for a little while. The deagles seem to have the biggest problem regarding hits registering properly. Thats what I see it as anyways. Technicly it should take 3-4 shots mainly 3 to kill, but it seems like it takes 5-6 now, maybe 7 sometimes.

snivlingwimp
December 20, 2005, 6:05 pm

snivlingwimp (A.K.A. Pink Smurf)

My complaint is a tad different.. I like using my mouse wheel as a weapon throw away/knife throw... now the mouse wheel doesn't work as a knife throw... said knife just kinda sorta fall from my hands

Deleted User
December 20, 2005, 10:41 pm
quote:Originally posted by headstonePfft. Suck it up. I got used to the beret delay after one game. I was owning with it and I never even used it in 3.1.

quote:But the knife delay does annoy me, you can only throw at close range and even at max power, the knife won't fly very far....

I believe the knife actaully goes farther at full power now.

quote:all the weaps are also underpowered, it takes more than half an mp5 clip to kill someone...
First of all, most weapons were improved or left the same, and second of all, the mp5 has a small clip and a really fast reload, so that is prefect. Please learn to back up your statements.

yes the knife dose go father at full power / i like it ^_^

and the mp5 has alway taken half an clip infact its 14 bullets i believe it take to kill a person and normal range

- Tek -
December 21, 2005, 5:45 am
Does the knife damage depend on its velocity, or the duration its been charged?
Its speed right? SO I could still instant kill with no charge if I'm like flyingat them right?

mustafa
December 22, 2005, 12:49 am
The knife delay is seriously lame.

Deleted User
December 22, 2005, 3:15 am
Its basicly the faster its going, the more damage it will do. It goes faster when its fully charged, and when you're throwing it in some downward direction.

StuNt
December 28, 2005, 4:15 pm
Knife own more now and only skiled can use it
<3 knife