( search forums )
Super Mod-Mixer w/ Profile, Skin and Taunt Editor
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Fan Apps
edak
December 14, 2005, 5:34 am
UPDATED 07/06/06
The program is pretty much self explanatory from the screenshots. The lists update with all mods found in your soldat/mods folder (eg. if gostek-gfx is part of a mod, it will show up in the gostek list, if sfx is found, it will come up in the sounds list, etc.)

Essentially it allows you to mix and match different mods so you can customise it to your liking with uber-ease. You can use gosteks from two different mods for each team, the sound from a third mod, textures from a fourth, etc.

Includes some l33t gosteks I found on these forums, ALL CREDIT FOR THOSE GO TO THE AUTHORS OF THE GOSTEKS (includes my skeleton gostek too.)

NOTE: YOU NEED .NET FRAMEWORK 2 TO USE!!!!!
(.NET Can be downloaded from [URL] if you don't have it)

[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]

---------->DOWNLOAD THE SOLDAT MOD MIXER!<---------------
(Includes some sample gosteks - I did not make some of the gosteks so thanks to those who did)

INSTRUCTIONS:
1. EXTRACT the files to a temporary folder

2. (OPTIONAL) -> COPY the extracted 'Mods' folder to your soldat folder, it is NOT necessary to overwrite any of your currently installed mods.

3. RUN setup.exe

4. You can then delete the temporary folder contining the setup files

Enjoy!!! (BE SURE TO APPLY SETTINGS BEFORE YOU PLAY)

UPDATED 07/06/06
Refined code, increased speed, increased graphics quality.
Fixed 1x1 pixel picture bug and read-only file bug. No more bugs (unless you can tell me)

Deleted User
December 14, 2005, 6:52 am
DONT USE .NET!
DONT USE MAC GUI!

Other than that, very nice. preview feature is awesome.

Thumbs up.

edak
December 14, 2005, 7:54 am
Thanks En, but with regards to .NET and MAC (STFU) :)

GluLm
December 14, 2005, 8:49 am
I agree with EnEsCe! :P
Nice interface, but mixing mods still looks a bit messy to me.
I'll stick to my precious ModChanger.exe.

KeFear
December 14, 2005, 4:26 pm
Well, nice. Does it show me a preview of the graphics and sounds? (So i can decide which mod i shall use)

Anyway, i hate .NET, and i will never ever install that on my PC, so sorry, but i won't download it :S

person
December 14, 2005, 4:50 pm
What's the deal with .net, may I ask..?

edak
December 14, 2005, 8:24 pm
Well it appears that some people are against Micro$oft, I guess it's why they have windows machines to run soldat on? :D

There's nothing wrong with .NET, just ppl being weird.

BTW KeFear, how yo propose i SHOW you a preview of the sounds? I honestly don't believe that you want to hear a barret going 'click' 100 times over? Perhaps you mean weapon GFX? To re-create the gostek in the program using .NET is quite difficult and would take a lot of time (hence why nobody else has completed a program that does it. This is because rotations are difficult, plus one must consider the precise way in which Soldat draws gosteks (from what corner+position, etc.)

Thanks for your reply anyway, regardless of whether or not you actually used the utility.

Deleted User
December 14, 2005, 8:51 pm
dude i love it :) great work. i dont mind .net but is causes massives errors on some comps and can damage them. im just luck i guess :)

edak
December 16, 2005, 6:43 am
Thanks, I have working on the update so the program automatically pieces together the gosteks from your gostek folders, which elimates the need for gostek.bmp images in your mods folders.

m00`
December 16, 2005, 6:59 am
lolol isnt that stick character from my sitck soldier mod :D

edak
December 16, 2005, 11:37 am
Yes I think it is m00`! Its in my mods folder, so it shows up in the list :P
**UPDATED VERSION 1.1 AVAILABLE**

Meandor
December 16, 2005, 1:44 pm
fun

KeFear
December 16, 2005, 7:03 pm
Nice update there, edak! See, you could do the gostek-thing ;)
I was experimenting with it last night but i didn't feel like re-writing some POA viewer, so i gave up, I have to learn for my exams which is more important.

On your "question": ofcourse, I mean the app could show us a preview of the images and the ability to play the desired sounds. (next to all the weapons' gfx)

I still can't use it tho, sadly, .NET keeps me back :( sorry.

Deleted User
December 16, 2005, 7:46 pm
Nice app

ramirez
December 16, 2005, 11:12 pm
Yeah, it's a nice app.

And to anyone who is wondering "What is wrong with .NET?" after reading few replies here. The answer is: nothing.
There are two main reasons why people 'dislike' .NET, anti-microsofticity (I made up a new word!) and ignorance (eg. "it's slow" and "it's interpreted" are two common misassumptions).

papasurf31
December 16, 2005, 11:53 pm
Nice app.

However, I think it'd be better if the gostek previewer could actually show what the gostek looks like in game by peicing together the individual body parts in the folder. But, besides that, good job, I think this can be quite useful.

edak
December 17, 2005, 12:46 am
Thanks for the feedback guys.

papa, It DOES piece them together in the app!!! The only limitation is that I haven't given them skin colours (though I might make it random (idea for another update), the images above are pieced by the application, Perhaps you downloaded an old version before i updated it.

That One Guy
December 17, 2005, 1:31 am
Way to go on the screen shot, it seems you used my See thru gostek! Thanks for the slight advertisement. BTW, great program.

edak
December 17, 2005, 2:38 am
Thanks!!! I change the picture with each version update, so your gostek might appear/disappear sometimes :P
ADDED skin/pants color randomiser and because KeFear kept asking for a weapon preview, though he wont use it. :P

Deleted User
December 19, 2005, 5:13 pm
Very nice! I love it! <3
[d/l]

edak
December 20, 2005, 10:33 pm
Thank you Mr Dairy man, may your cows produce many years of creamy milk.

Deleted User
December 24, 2005, 11:29 am
quote:Originally posted by edakThank you Mr Dairy man, may your cows produce many years of creamy milk.

Lol. Thx too.
1st: I wish this could be implemented into game like Neo-soldats gostek.
This rocks and it's very familiar to soldat original menu-interface.

Very nice functions btw.

2nd: When I'm looking on guys like u I must say : "Damn! Why can't I program like they?"
P.S.: I never tryed it though.:)

*respect*

edak
January 3, 2006, 10:38 pm
quote:Originally posted by Dairy

Lol. Thx too.
1st: I wish this could be implemented into game like Neo-soldats gostek.
This rocks and it's very familiar to soldat original menu-interface.

Very nice functions btw.

2nd: When I'm looking on guys like u I must say : "Damn! Why can't I program like they?"
P.S.: I never tryed it though.:)

*respect*

Aaw shucks. It looks like this may be one of my last Soldat moments because my GF is moving into my place and she hates it with a passion.

a-4-year-old
January 4, 2006, 2:21 am
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

KeFear
January 4, 2006, 11:59 am
edak you are so henpecked.. :)

edak
January 4, 2006, 10:43 pm
EDIT

5/4/06
ADDED:
* PROFILE EDITOR
* SKIN-COLOR CHANGER
* SOUND PREVIEW

GAMEOVER
April 6, 2006, 8:38 pm
So sick dude..

rabidhamster
April 6, 2006, 8:55 pm
[nub]::::::::::::::DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDd[/nub]

Truly wonderful, although I wish the alpha value of the skin could be altered more.

edak
April 9, 2006, 10:17 am
RH, Your request has been fulfilled

UPDATED - MORE TRANSPARENT FLEXIBILITY

rabidhamster
April 12, 2006, 10:28 pm
Huzzah! Downloading I am.

GAMEOVER
May 1, 2006, 7:55 am
keep up the good work

Deleted User
May 1, 2006, 9:55 am
Amazing work edak,
it's all in a nice package and nice layout,
a must have for anyone - downloading now

Deleted User
May 1, 2006, 3:33 pm
I love the Taunt editor!

Kage
May 1, 2006, 4:28 pm
hey edak: use your mod changer to swap out all gosteks with prancing pink rabbit versions and all knives with flowers, etc. if you're lucky, she wont mind soldat at that point (just tell her that all that red stuff is paint and the spontaneus combustion of various characters is really on-the-spot transcendance). ;)

in regards to .net: nothing really wrong with it, except that it does make stuff completely proprietary to windows until stuff like mono comes out (a game of "play catch-up" for the unixers who are trying to deproprietary free code developed just for windows but useful for other os's). if you have no interest in having this run on multiple operating systems (and by that i don't mean the difference between windows xp and windows 98), then no one can really blame you, as soldat is designed only for windows at this point. it will, though, on occasion, piss off those who get soldat to run on x86 installs of the various unixes through wine.

in any case, looks like a good app - will have to try it once i get enough time to even play soldat.

mar77a
May 20, 2006, 10:59 pm
Small suggestion: add key editing in the profile editing part.