( search forums )
ctf_Micra - Close Combat CTF (update)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Quality Maps
grand_diablo
December 14, 2005, 6:10 pm
Time for something simple!
A map ive created in some minutes of boredom, especially for knife-/chainsaw only CTF. You can also play normal CTF on it, but I guess itll get very hectical once 6+ players are on the map. There are also spawns for all DM types as well as it suits HTF.

ctf_Micra is - as the classic name assumes - very small. To prevent powerspraying/barretarding through the tunnels, the coloured middle areas are protected by colliders.

Update - Dec 16
- Flag pits recolord
- Colliders in the middle changed to bulletcolliding polys (Keron Cyst)
- Crates and colliders placed (Keron Cyst)
- Waypoints added (Keron Cyst)

Enjoy!

Download
http://www.denacke.net/Dibo/maps/ctf_Micra.PMS

Screen
[IMAGE]

Keron Cyst
December 14, 2005, 6:36 pm
DIBS ON WYPT. :D :D :D

Makes me think of a lighter Voland, being all factory-like and inorganic...

Soulsnipa
December 14, 2005, 8:34 pm
eh this ones just ok

Deleted User
December 14, 2005, 9:40 pm
I think the layout is better for htf.

rabidhamster
December 14, 2005, 9:46 pm
ugh... it's so bland, and the edges are so pointy.

Keron Cyst
December 15, 2005, 12:41 am
Yeah, like ctf_Voland (but I can't stop you from saying you don't like that map either :-P).

@Sgt. Beaver: that's why there's a Yellow Flag SP.

Deleted User
December 15, 2005, 1:19 am
very cool map :D

Keron Cyst
December 15, 2005, 2:05 am
Erm, uh... you made the Bravo flag base the same color as the Alpha flag base (orange-red). Should I invert those colors?...

EDIT Too late, I already did it and saved without making a backup :-P It really does look better, tho', IMHO.

BTW, I'm'a have to move those grenade-box SPs; they make the bots act stupid :-/

EDIT #2 I propose scrapping the MediKits on dead-ends across from the flag bases and rendering them as regenerating polygons. Would be pretty interesting that way ;-D And I had to make the opposing thin horizontal walls for the two small chutes in the center icy to make sure the bots don't get stuck in them.

EDIT #3 Can I just ditch the columns as blockades completely and throw some crates & barrels in the four center areas? xP

And don't imitate me and say "Whatever makes it 1337er" and dismiss it at that!

Yukwunhang
December 15, 2005, 6:31 pm
..I guess your job is to waypoint the map, amirite?

Keron Cyst
December 15, 2005, 10:07 pm
Well, occasionally I also throw in random tidbits here and there ;-D None of the mappers who -did- notice ever said anything negative about them; this map is insanely plain, so...

GluLm
December 16, 2005, 1:53 pm
That's why I don't like you people who call yourself "waypointers"...
Even a simple recompile screws some maps. No wonder "serious" mappers don't let others make waypoints for them. If there's no waypoints... well there's no waypoints get over it.

On-topic: I was expecting better from you dibo, it looks as plain as your old maps. xD
Actually I like the overall layout, but I just hate the red/blue theme. Also it may lack a bit of sceneries. Not bad though.

Keron Cyst
December 16, 2005, 6:39 pm
Yeah, see? You yourself said it lacked scenery, and I just PMed 'diablo the final version and he said it pwned... when I added some barrels & crates.

And I think it's just me who fools around with other people's maps, not mar77a or any other wypters. :-P

Oh, did you mean I post them without telling them changes? Sorry for that misunderstanding; I always tell the maps' original creators of everything I altered so they can revert anything that they might not have liked. So far, none of 'em have. ;-)

grand_diablo
December 16, 2005, 9:07 pm
Map updated, see main topic for changes.

Once I again Id like to mention, that this map was planned for modes like chainsaw/knife only CTF, not mainly for regular CTF matches. It only works as regular HTF map or probably TDM map. See it more as an experiment rather than an attempt to create a "general" CTF map that could compete.