( search forums )
Changing Teams with Strange Consiquences
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
XenocidE
December 14, 2005, 10:29 pm
This bug is one that I'm really not sure how to explain or how it exactly works, so bare with me if you get a little lost.

This was the first occurence I've seen of this bug and I'm more then sure it hasn't been reported. It deals with changing teams in game. The server I was in was the U13 Southeast Server (or the name that is registered in the Lobby Server).

I joined the server mid-game with no problems, auto joined the Bravo Team. Well, as the game progressed, a few people left from the Alpha Side, and the game became unmatched with like 6-4. So I had just died and respawned in the base and I go and switch teams right away to teh Alpha team. Well, all of a sudden soldat gets all buggy and I spawn directly in the middle of the map and I have my Alpha Colors on. But there is a clone/duplicate of me that has the Bravo Colors on. As i move around this duplicate follows me movements like a shadow. I shot the shadow and it sounds like I hit it but nothing happens. Then all of a sudden it says "You were killed my planB:XenocidE (my ingame name). Soon after about 30-60 seconds of this, I spawn on the Alpha Side without a shadow/duplicate/etc. But it says that now I'm planB:XenocidE(1). Then soon planB:XenocidE disconnects and I'm playing with a (1) after my name.

I left the server and rejoined once again. But I was kind of aware of this bug this time. I try switching teams again later in mid-game and this error happened again. I did take a few demo recordings of this, but i haven't reviewed them. I'm sure you guys would like to be able to see what was happening. I can get the demos for you. If so, do you guys want me to upload the direct demo file from the Soldat Demo Recorder or change the file type to be able to be viewed easier?

numgun
December 15, 2005, 4:48 pm
ROFL! xD never happened to me...
i guess the ´´balance teams´´ switch somehow bugged in the server.
but the spawning in the middle of the map has also happened to me, but when i went to a base there was no flag. (neither sides)
i hope that bug wont come to u anymore ;)