( search forums )
Offer topics Here <----
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Guide - Information Gathering
Ok
December 14, 2005, 10:39 pm
If you have any new topics you think should be implimented into the guide, post them here + the explaination why and what it is about.

Deleted User
December 14, 2005, 11:18 pm
Maybe you just haven't finished yet, but I think Pointmatch and Rambomatch deserve their own topics :<

Deleted User
December 14, 2005, 11:23 pm
[Movement]

Movement is an essential part to Soldat. Hitting a moving target is often much harder than hitting one that is standing still. *cough*damn black soldat bug*cough*

There are all sorts of different ways to take advantage of how you can move your little guy. Backflipping into hard to reach areas. Doing that run and jump trick on a ramp as you try to get to a high platform. Sliding down a hill so that you can provide a small target while still getting around. Rolling as you hit the point of a polygon to get that extra little burst of speed. Skipping along the tops of polygons to go even faster.

There should definitely be a topic about this.

ugapa
December 15, 2005, 1:59 am
perhaps scrim strategies

_Mancer_
December 15, 2005, 2:06 am
Advanced learners section: For those who are more advanced and want more tips that exceed the basic level of gameplay.

Ok
December 15, 2005, 9:20 am
Ok so:
Stalky - Agreed and I will add them right away

Swazo - There's a begginers part that is atm a sticky called "for the new players" or something, it talks about the movment, however it is a rather important topic so I'll consider adding a new topic just for it, might be a good idea.

upapa/Mancer - Please check the new topic called "Guide's Structure" you'll have answers there.

Chakra`
December 15, 2005, 9:27 am
I assume you got a basic intro to the various modes of Soldat...
I was playing a game of INF last night, and 3 guys asked me what the heck they were supposed to be doing.

Might wanna make a few little illustrations or even animations by the way guv. Just a thought. Sure someone could help there.

A little guide to the community would be interesting. Theres various communes, like irc, esl, this place, tnl, fractured, u13, etc...

Ok
December 15, 2005, 9:31 am
Oh you lil' prick!
You have a .txt file I've sent you 4 days ago with just that!
READ IT DAMN IT!

Chakra`
December 15, 2005, 9:37 am
Oh yeah...right.....yeah. Sorry guv, forgot.

DePhille
December 15, 2005, 12:49 pm
Several categories:

-Resources:
I made several topics about where to host a site or huge fan art creation and that has been adapted to several other forums.
I'd like to make one topic in here where the resources will be added (like I did here for the fan sites.)
So mods can just add links to the post in the Soldat guide's resources topics in the forum categories. This way the sticky-list of theose forums will be cleaned up and then there's only one topic that should be changed when a new host is suggested.
** There should also be a list with links to community pages like u13 , selfkill , ...

-Forum help:
A topic where the working of this forum will be explained. There will be a list with the available Snitz forumcode , how to use the search function properly , why you should edit your previous post instead of making a new one , ...
I don't think that all fits under the 'Community' topic.

-Fan sites (Or some more descriptive topic title)
A place where people can ask how to make a website , resources to good HTML/PHP/... tutorials , links to PHP/HTML/... help channels (for example #php on quakenet).
My PM box is crowded with topics on how to create/host forums for example so making a topic about it here won't be a bnad idea.

-Weapon tips
There should be some topic(s) describing some tips how to use a specific weapon. I do not knwo if I'd split that up in "Weapons - Deagles" , "Weapons - Ak74" , ... or if I'd just create a topic "Weapon tips" (which will get very crowded).
The decision is yours :P

I'll probably have some more ideas for topics later so I'll keep replying here.

Grtz , DePhille

Ok
December 15, 2005, 11:29 pm
Weapons tips, aye I can't believe I actualy forgot that <_<
Resources and Fansites will be together under a topic called "The newcommers guide to the community" in a subtopic called "Links"

GARAoftheDESERT
December 16, 2005, 3:09 pm
What about mode descriptions? (I mean Realistic, Survival, and advance modes)

Also, teamwork might be worthy of a topic. (along with strategy)

DePhille
December 16, 2005, 5:19 pm
Oh , Ok , a topic for tips/tricks/strategies on specific maps too maybe?

Grtz , DePhille

thekingkitty
January 5, 2006, 8:27 am
I think you sould post a topic for how clans work and how to make a clan and keep them active. Called "Clans"

Also you can also make a topic called "other" which is only for things that are odd and/or can't find its own topic to be in.

Ok
January 5, 2006, 10:42 am
Good ideas! added.

KiKAzz
January 6, 2006, 1:10 am
Interface

Maybe it can have a visual picture of the game showing where the health, jet, ammo and many other things and maybe how to mod the interfaces.

Dark_Noddy
January 8, 2006, 5:06 pm
Word reference.. A list of commonly used words in Both game and Comunity. Perhaps adding some of the ppl everyone knows who are and talks about. Like Styx,CC,etc. and perhaps historical events,etc. like vehicals..

Ok
January 8, 2006, 8:20 pm
A list of words is already in the beginers guide, please check it, if you have anything to add, post it there and I shall add it.

History is not the guide's part, the guide's part is to present conclusions and tips drown from expirience from our history, not historical events.

Nevertheless, there might be, just might be a section in website for the history of soldat.
If it will happen, it will be in the form of a wiki, where you will be able to post there without limitations, in various topics of your choosing.

But that depends on .nl ppl and their willing to co-operate.

rabidhamster
January 9, 2006, 6:54 am
the lobby.

how to join a lobby server, complete with instructions on how to use the server filter. i don't know, i can't really think of anything good at the moment.

thekingkitty
January 12, 2006, 11:51 am
Now i don't think they have this (and they sould) its waypointing! If a person wants to know waypointing, they sure sould learn it from soldat search!!

P.S. there is a good waypointing guide here http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?topic_id=28682

I think it sould be in the guide.

DePhille
January 12, 2006, 8:31 pm
That'll most probably get placed Under mapping.

Grtz , DePhille

Ok
January 12, 2006, 10:08 pm
what's waypointing?!

DePhille
January 13, 2006, 4:18 pm
It's where you set the pats for ots to follow (while mapping)
You just point some places and conect them. The places have some properties that order the bot to fly , jump ,...

I think that's a simplified version of it.

grtz , DePhille

Deleted User
January 19, 2006, 5:48 pm
I think you should write about how to detect cheats and not take cheats for lag!

...thats a good one..if u want i can write it

Ok
January 20, 2006, 9:54 pm
Erm, how to detect cheats ey.
I think I wrote something about similarity to cheats in the Lag section.
But not on how to detect them.
I'll be happy to get a well put explaination from your sit-anger.
I'll be waiting for one :)

thekingkitty
January 27, 2006, 11:09 am
uh it seems that everyone is out of ideas for the soldat guide....so i think its time to maybe lock it up if it stays inactive for another long period of time.......also people are able to make a topic in the guide forum..i think the mods sould only do that. :)

Ok
January 27, 2006, 12:57 pm
No worries :) Its all good.
Also as I said, its a temporary set back.
There's no need to lock it.. quite the contrary. its need to stay open.
After the 20th, I believe that within a matter of 1-2 weeks we'll have a beta version of the guide, a working website, and hopefully a patch for soldat ;)

P.S: note that changes are still being made, a good example of that is the Weapons thread (grats to dephille who did an amazing job on it).

thekingkitty
January 27, 2006, 1:21 pm
ok i;ll take your word for it...oh and the guide website I've already registered to it.... sould i not be registered to it?Can i test posting on the site?

tRaQs
January 28, 2006, 7:29 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by sit-angerI think you should write about how to detect cheats and not take cheats for lag!

...thats a good one..if u want i can write it

That's definitely a good idea, I'm tired of explaining to the new guys why I didn't die when their bullet went through me, or why I moved suddenly.

ALSO, It would be a good addition to eventually make advanced moves/tactics, mostly for those trying to learn to play smarter and have nifty moves at hand, such as the lying down chainsaw when another chainsawer is going at you, using the walls to bounce your grenades off of, etc etc.

Ok
January 28, 2006, 7:45 pm
Have you checked the other topics?
Its all there.

thekingkitty
February 5, 2006, 2:49 pm
now i know there is a survival and realistic thread BUT you dont have an r/s (real survival) thread, there are a dedicated amount of servers that only does r/s. r/s mode is very intense, not only do you have 1 life but you also gotta worry about lower health, bink, and ground fall damage. But its really just a thought.

Also maybe you can include challenge/racing/jumping maps?? A a good amount of servers host these maps, maybe you can have a thread for it??

Silencer117
March 6, 2006, 1:31 am
hey i got a question off topic but is there a lick for soldat on mac? I have searched but i cant find one if there is one can you tell me? Thanks