( search forums )
DeathMatch
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Guide - Information Gathering
Ok
December 14, 2005, 10:47 pm
Post your Deathmatch stratagies and tips here (This first post will be updated with time with the incoming information so stay "tuned")

DM:
Deathmatch is the best gamemode to start with!
It helps your develope a sense to the game, getting used to its fast paste, but most importantly,
it helps you develope a good aim with the guns you play with.
Deathmatch does not hold many startagies to win, its mostly a chaos where you need to dodge
alot of bullets while shoot and aim at others.

Multiple DM (more then 2 players):
The best way to win a Multiple DM game is to make sure you're always in the sides of the battle and not in the middle
always make sure that you let others shoot at each other and then dive in when they're in the middle.
most players just choose a target and stick to it until they kill it, that can work for you!
Always make sure you dive in AFTER they start shooting at each other.
Now you need to ask yourself "Who should I kill first", since the game is about gaining more kills.
For this purpose lets devide the players:
Player A- is almost fully healthy (more health)
Player B- is near death (less health)

you need to evaluate, if you can kill player A with just 1 shot! then its best to kill him so it will
be easier for u to kill player B after you're done with Player A.
Incase you cannot kill player A with just 1 shot, its better to kill player B so he wont get killed
by player A and then deny you the opportunity to gain another point, after you finish Player B you
can then turn to player A and finish him, he will probably have less health then you and less
bullets, or in short somewhat helpess compared to you.

Kaider
December 16, 2005, 12:17 am
[quote]Originally posted by _Mancer_[Deathmatch, By Mancer]

Primary Weapons;

Desert Eagles: Short - Mid Range
Mp5: Short Range
Steyr AUG: Short - Mid Range
AK 74: Mid - Long Range
Spas 12: Short Range
Ruger 77: Long Range
M79: Short Range
Barret: Long Range
Minigun: Mid - Long Range
And Dont forget the Minimi Mancer: Mid - Long Range

solohan50
December 16, 2005, 5:11 am
quote:Originally posted by _Mancer_Using an automatic weapon with a socom is stupid, because the automatic weapon can use the bullets it has to kill its enemy, the socom then becomes usless.

Errr...I know I'm not the only one who uses Socom with my Steyr, and for good reason, the same reason you use Socom with your Ruger. A lot of times I find myself with an opponent that has almost no health and I've used my whole clip (especially after taking out a person before him with the same clip). I've had my ass saved a whole bunch of times by having that Socom to whip out and finish the job. Sure, I could use knife, but Socom is a much better backup weapon in that case, especially if the opponent is retreating, whereas the knife is best suited as a kill BEFORE you whip out your auto.

_Mancer_
December 16, 2005, 4:28 pm
Either knife or socom would work, I wasnt dictating anything.

Destluck
January 2, 2006, 3:11 pm
an automatic weapon with socom is stupid

You dictated a whole lot, nubcakes.

ugapa
January 3, 2006, 5:42 am
Generally, in public servers where there are 6+ people on not such huge maps like HH, its generally unwise to have a barret or even an m79 because of its long reload.

Ok
January 3, 2006, 1:40 pm
quote:Originally posted by _Mancer_[Deathmatch, By Mancer]

Deathmatch is the 1st mode in soldat. The idea is simple: kill as many people as you possibly can. Everyone is your enemy in Deathmatch and you should take it as such, killing everyone you see.

In order to win in deathmatch, you must have the most kills, meaning you must have killed more players than anyone else in the game. In deathmatch, you can be double teamed, tripled teamed, or just have a straight 1on1. This means 2 or more players try and kill you, then they kill eachother. In deathmatch, being wounded is like having a sign saying "Im an easy kill! Go for me!" Get to a Med pack (White and red) as fast as you can in order to recover your health, so you can kill more people. Also make sure you replenish your grenades if you run out by finding a Grenade pack (Green).

There are some certain tactics in Deathmatch that can lead you to victory.

1. Make sure that you are READY to fight someone.

When you start playing, make sure you are ready for the next fight with other players in the game. This means that, if you kill someone, be prepared for when the next person comes along and you have to kill them. I mean this both physically and mentally, be prepared by being focused on your enemy, and be prepared by having grenades, full ammo, and a sterdy bit of health.

2. Try and focus all of your shots onto HITTING your opponent.

When you are in combat with another player, make sure you don't waste ammo and fire your bullets that you KNOW will miss and hit a rock or something. Make sure you KNOW that your bullets will hit your opponent, so you can kill them faster and so you can be prepared for the next battle with someone.

3. Do NOT Camp.

Do not camp. Camping is where you sit in one spot on the entire map and try to kill your opponents from there. Camping is a bad tactic because you are not moving, which means enemys can kill you easier. It is also harder to kill moving enemys when you are camping because you are not moving up to speed to hit them with your bullets.

4. Find the advantages of your map.

Maps have ups and downs, which means there are strategically better places to kill someone on a map then maybe somewhere else. Here is an example. You are at the top of a hill, and your enemy is at the bottom of the hill. It is easier to kill your enemy from the top of the hill than it is to kill them from the bottom of the hill, shooting up. There are also spots on the map that make it easier for you to jump, run, and dodge, such as smooth ledges and flat areas.

5. Headshots, Torso Shots, and Legshots.

This is very hard to learn, but its worth it when you know how. In Soldat, If you hit someone in the head, it does more damage than it does for the torso and the legs. If you hit someone in the torso, it is more damaging than the legs, but not as damaging as the head. You can see where im going with this. Try to get headshots or torso shots by shooting DOWN at your enemy, or just above them so that they die faster.

6. Grenades

Grenades are your best friend. Learn how to throw and strengthen your use of grenades. Grenades tend to be a 1 hit kill, almost all the time, but sometimes they will just wound your enemy, making it easier on you. Try and throw them below your enemy because if you hit someone with a nade from below, its an instant 1 hit kill.

7. Weapon choice for maps.

Smaller maps will require stronger guns at close range, bigger maps will require stronger guns at further range. Based on the map, choose your weapon based on the size of it and the boundries you are held by. Here is a chart:

Primary Weapons;

Minimi: Mid - Long Range

Secondary Weapons;

USSOCOM: Short - Mid Range
Knife: Short Range
Chainsaw: Very Short Range
Law: Mid - Long Range

8. Pair up your primary weapons with your secondary weapons.

Using an automatic weapon with a socom is stupid, because the automatic weapon can use the bullets it has to kill its enemy, the socom then becomes usless. For instance, if I used an M79 with a socom, that would be very smart because if I miss my m79 shot, I can whip out the socom and have a better chance at killing than I do with a law, chainsaw, or knife.

And last but not least, Lag.

Lag is common in Soldat, if you didnt get a kill that you think you should have, don't complain about it, just get the kill next time you spawn. Complaining in soldat is called 'Whining'. Don't do it or it will make you look like a jackass!

I hope this Deathmatch Tutorial helped, Good Luck.

This my friend, is not "Deathmatch by Mancer"
Its "Begginers soldat by mancer"
You talk about grenades.. lag!?! each weapon on its own?!
Dont they exist in EVERY mode there is?!

There is a begginers guide, a thread just for that. its a huge big guide, unfinished and in need of corection, please go read it.
And see what you can ADD to it.
I went through your post and I'm sure there are some specific stuff you can add to deathmatch from it.

Notice my first post in this thread, it talks about a stratagy, and this is what every but the begginers guide talks about, ADVANCED Soldat.

"Deathmatch is the 1st mode in soldat. The idea is simple: kill as many people as you possibly can. Everyone is your enemy in Deathmatch and you should take it as such, killing everyone you see."

this belongs in the begginers guide, I ask all of you to think about what you write..
we don't need "Soldat by mancer" we need "soldat by the community".
That means each adds something usefull and we eventualy get a fully usefull guide that is well put and so on.

Don't get me wrong mate, I appreciate your efforts, but they are not well placed.

_Mancer_
January 3, 2006, 10:08 pm
All my information is to help CREATE a strategy.

Ok
January 4, 2006, 6:04 pm
"Press W to jump"
Can also be used to help create a stratagy, after all jumping is needed in most stratagies...
Again, if you read the begginers guide you'll see 90% of what you wrote in there. if not more.
I'm assuming you didn't read it, please do.
This is an Advanced guide, u go straight to the stratagy assuming the guy read the begginers guide, if he's new he'll go for the begginers guide, after that he doesnt need u to remind him not to camp, or how grenades work the best.
You'll just make him read again stuff he doesnt need or want..

_Mancer_
January 4, 2006, 9:43 pm
The topic says "DEATHMATCH" I wrote every [CENSORED]ing thing I knew about deathmatch. If this topic isnt about DEATHMATCH then the [CENSORED]ing kid who is looking to learn DEATHMATCH wont know where to look! Dont call the goddamn topic Deathmatch then you idiot. Christ, I only did what the thing told me to do, I just went into more detail with it for better understanding.

Just lay off douche bag.

solohan50
January 5, 2006, 4:07 am
As not fond as I am of Mancer most of the time, I kinda have to agree with him on this one. If you want the absolute beginners guide to DM, wouldn't it belong in the "Beginner's Guide" section? I think what should be done is the Beginner's Guide should start with the whole "DM = kill everyone" basics, and then after those you can break down each game mode into something like Mancer's post.

CrazyKid980
January 5, 2006, 2:25 pm
My advice is to mind your distance between you and the opponent. Depending on what type of weapons your opponent has, its quite helpful to not be in their range. Example, the H&K MP5, with its humungous rain of bullets, you might want to stay in a far distance from him/her, be quite hard to hit far with a MP5, so you got the advantage. Or stay higher than the M79'er, because of the speed of the grenade will decrease to a very slow speed, slow enough to dodge it and attack back.

Ok
January 5, 2006, 9:59 pm
quote:Originally posted by solohan50 If you want the absolute beginners guide to DM, wouldn't it belong in the "Beginner's Guide" section? I think what should be done is the Beginner's Guide should start with the whole "DM = kill everyone" basics, and then after those you can break down each game mode into something like Mancer's post.

...... really annoying...
This is NOT deathmatch for BEGGINERS!!!

Death match for begginers is here:
http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?topic_id=30151

And for all you twats who like ignoring the "read this before posting"

READ THIS !!!!! : http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?topic_id=30122

Otherwise your suggestions will just be wasted... and that's a shame.

quote:Originally posted by _Mancer_The topic says "DEATHMATCH" I wrote every [CENSORED]ing thing I knew about deathmatch.

Ding ding ding, and here's what you did wrong...

And if you still don't understand, then you're posting for vain...

_Mancer_
January 8, 2006, 7:57 pm
[Deathmatch]

In deathmatch, being wounded is like having a sign saying "Im an easy kill! Go for me!" Get to a Med pack as fast as you can in order to recover your health, so you can kill more people. Also make sure you replenish your grenades if you run out by finding a Grenade pack.

There are some certain tactics in Deathmatch that can lead you to victory.

1. Make sure that you are READY to fight someone.

When you start playing, make sure you are ready for the next fight with other players in the game. This means that, if you kill someone, be prepared for when the next person comes along and you have to kill them. I mean this both physically and mentally, be prepared by being focused on your enemy, and be prepared by having grenades, full ammo, and a sterdy bit of health.

2. Try and focus all of your shots onto HITTING your opponent.

When you are in combat with another player, make sure you don't waste ammo and fire your bullets that you KNOW will miss and hit a rock or something. Make sure you KNOW that your bullets will hit your opponent, so you can kill them faster and so you can be prepared for the next battle with someone.

3. Do NOT Camp.

Do not camp. Camping is where you sit in one spot on the entire map and try to kill your opponents from there. Camping is a bad tactic because you are not moving, which means enemys can kill you easier. It is also harder to kill moving enemys when you are camping because you are not moving up to speed to hit them with your bullets.

4. Find the advantages of your map.

Maps have ups and downs, which means there are strategically better places to kill someone on a map then maybe somewhere else. Here is an example. You are at the top of a hill, and your enemy is at the bottom of the hill. It is easier to kill your enemy from the top of the hill than it is to kill them from the bottom of the hill, shooting up. There are also spots on the map that make it easier for you to jump, run, and dodge, such as smooth ledges and flat areas.

5. Headshots, Torso Shots, and Legshots.

This is very hard to learn, but its worth it when you know how. In Soldat, If you hit someone in the head, it does more damage than it does for the torso and the legs. If you hit someone in the torso, it is more damaging than the legs, but not as damaging as the head. You can see where im going with this. Try to get headshots or torso shots by shooting DOWN at your enemy, or just above them so that they die faster.

6. Grenades

Grenades are your best friend. Learn how to throw and strengthen your use of grenades. Grenades tend to be a 1 hit kill, almost all the time, but sometimes they will just wound your enemy, making it easier on you. Try and throw them below your enemy because if you hit someone with a nade from below, its an instant 1 hit kill.

7. Weapon choice for maps.

Smaller maps will require stronger guns at close range, bigger maps will require stronger guns at further range. Based on the map, choose your weapon based on the size of it and the boundries you are held by. Here is a chart:

Primary Weapons;

Minimi: Mid - Long Range

Secondary Weapons;

USSOCOM: Short - Mid Range
Knife: Short Range
Chainsaw: Very Short Range
Law: Mid - Long Range

8. Pair up your primary weapons with your secondary weapons.

Using an automatic weapon with a socom is stupid, because the automatic weapon can use the bullets it has to kill its enemy, the socom then becomes usless. For instance, if I used an M79 with a socom, that would be very smart because if I miss my m79 shot, I can whip out the socom and have a better chance at killing than I do with a law, chainsaw, or knife.

headstone
January 11, 2006, 3:25 am
Are you just trying to piss him off for no reason or what?

Deleted User
January 11, 2006, 4:36 am
Realistic or not, Deathmatch is one of the best modes for hiding. While camping will generally get you killed easily, if they don't see you, no one should for a little while at least. Make sure you have your colors set to greenish/olive (depending on if you would like to hide in grassy areas if the map has any) and try not to wear any shiny chains or weird hair or skin colors. Soldat Skin Color Changer can help you out with hiding.

When you pick your weapons be sure to choose a gun that can get a quick kill, (obvious one is the barret) and make sure you choose a secondary that won't stick out while you are prone/crouching; socom or knife will do fine. Look for a good area that matches your clothes as closely as possible, then try to crouch or prone in a good part while no one sees you; if possible, slip in during a battle so they don't notice.

Now, to get a kill, just wait for the opportunity to present itself. If they walk right up to you take your time to aim but don't wave your gun around; they might notice you. Try to get the kill while they are occupied with someone else.

Stray nades, spray and people with moded Soldats can make it hard to hide and live long, but if you happen to get that good spot and stay alive long enough without getting caught, it can be very fun. Remember, if someone complains that you are stupid for camping, just tell them it is your fault for not noticing you. :o

_Mancer_
January 11, 2006, 11:49 am
quote:Originally posted by headstoneAre you just trying to piss him off for no reason or what?

I edited out the noob details. Now he has no reason to delete it.

Ok
January 11, 2006, 1:32 pm
Meep. I have no idea where you managed to play Deathmatchs.
But camping will make it very hard for you to win.
Even if I would like to reccomand camping, I would reccomand it in Infiltraion , not DM when most maps are loaded with players looking for a good kill, spraying nades everywhere and so on...

In general I would NOT reccomand camping in the guide because the number of situation when its usefull is VERY VERY limited.
And even then, camping halts the prograss of development as a player, it doesnt make you deal and get used to the fast rythem soldat is played in.

Deleted User
January 11, 2006, 10:55 pm
Hey, maybe it is because I play realistic mostly, but I just meant it as a way to have fun with it. ;)

Ok
January 12, 2006, 10:20 pm
Camping is mentioned in the begginers guide.
As something not reccomanded for players.
Its not something that needs to be talked about since you dont need to be a soldat player inorder to realize camping is a tactic, so there's no need to encourage it in the guide by explaining it.

Ok
February 2, 2006, 1:08 pm
 Quote:In my topic, I will tell you about Soldat's never ending, old, funny, PVP system.

PVP is Player Versus Player, where players go against other players, a battle of the wits!!!

These 1 vs 1's are usually played in the DeathMatch map Arena. Arena is a perfect map because:

1. Wide areas (Top and Bottom)
2. Low Polygons count
3. Large Polygons
4. Spray Support
5. Spray Defense
6. Anti-Camp

----------------------------------------------------------------
Let's begin.

You spawn in a 1 vs 1....

Your first action should be to make sure you are safe.

Your next action is to fire blank shots to slightly damage your enemy.

If you are successful, and there is no threat of your enemy harming you, advance on him, unless these cases:

1. Barret crouching
2. M79 (they reload WAAY too fast to just rush them)
3. Deagles (unless reload)
4. Ruger (unless reload)
5. Skilled LAW
6. Heckler and Koch Machine Pistol Model 5

You take care of those situations this way:

1. Throw nades, bink him, and then advance for the kill!!!
2. Run and spray at him. Just keep away from his range.
3. Advance when he reloads.
4. Ditto.
5. Refer to #1
6. RUSH - Rush Under Supreme Heroish-nonsense, throw your nades and shoot him up.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

One valuable thing you will always learn is that LAG KILLS.

When you notice that a server is laggy, don't be [CENSORED]. Don't whine.

The pros and cons equal out.

Pro:
Your enemy has a hard time shooting you.

Con:
You have a hard time shooting them.

You take care of lag by shooting a bit early, shoot where they are going, instead of where they are.

--Thus, that leads to our next bit, the moving target.

When you use any gun, you will be faced with the problem of moving targets. Unless you are a m79 or Barret, you will have a hard time coping with these situations. Always remember, keep your cool and shoot like you're in a public server. Never let adredeline take you over and make you lose.

In Arena, the ideal gun is the Desert Eagles, a fair speed and arch, that lets you sneak your bullets past certain walls to reach your enemy. This gun reloads quickly, and is very powerful (2-3 shot kill).

When you see me 1 vs 1, you will see me using the Steyr Aug. I use the Steyr Aug for the speedy shots. However, by using Steyr Aug, my ability is greatly decreased, for I take more shots (and time, usually) to kill with Steyr than with Deagles. Remember, I'm not the best out there, a Deagler who is good at Law or Socom is probably going to be the best 1 vs 1'er out there.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"Nade Spamming like a queer":

At times, you need to Nade Spam. However, you need to think twice about your nades.

1. How many nades do I have?
2. How many can I afford?
3. Can I get away?

When you Nade Spam, you need to be cautious about your nades count.

1. Do you have more than 2?
2. Is the enemy close?
3. Can I pick up another nade box?

You should make sure that you have at least 2 nades before you nade spam. Nade Spamming and losing all of your grenades is not worth it. Grenades ARE THE KILL!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Last, I will talk to you about ETIQUETTE.

Yes, for the love of God, there is Etiquette in Soldat 1 vs 1. If you are beaten fairly, admit it. But if your opponent is cocky, know that he is a [CENSORED]ing [CENSORED] of a noob.

Examples:

[IMAGE]

In this 1 vs 1, I played Keiran in Arena 2. Since Arena 2 was a close range map which had open areas, I had to be wary of his deadly HK. I won by hiding behind polygons and making sure I had two nades to chunk at him at encounters (I usually got away with 10% health)

[IMAGE]

In this 1 vs 1, I played Midar.Star (known to many as Tai, the Vietnamese word for a loving act that involves sex) in Arena. This 1 vs 1 was really interesting...

1. During the beginning, he used his Ruger, and I used my Steyr. During the clases, I got away with 4 kills while he got 1 kill.
2. This changed, and he switched to m79. He landed at least 2 kills on me before I started playing cautiously. I would use my nades as a counter-m79 tool in order to win some points.
3. During the final acts, he switched back and forth between m79 and Barret, playing tactically to earn his kills, while I would chunk nades and RUSH him numerous times to get kills.

See, the 1 vs 1 system is not really about skill, it is about cheap tricks that you can develop over time.

Thank you for reading this Soldat PvP - 1 vs 1 guide and Good Duelings to you! :D

Deleted User
February 3, 2006, 12:44 am
:( Come on, this is a whole 'nother category... it's about who has the better isp and the most cheap tricks!! (referring to 1 vs 1's)

Ok
February 3, 2006, 1:14 pm
You're talking about a DM , 1v1 or not, however this is a large enough topic to get a title of its own, and it will, but under the topic of Deathmatch.

I also don't understand why you started a new topic without getting premision to do so, without even offering it in the "Offer new topic here" which has this nice arrow and everything.
I appreciate the effort and it will be credited, but please read the rules before posting anything further.

Antifate
February 3, 2006, 3:45 pm
Why is that ss contain JELLY in it... I thought Jelly was well.. Jelly. But Ok refers to Jelly as himself...

Ok
February 4, 2006, 1:24 am
I know I gained some weight latley, but comeon, I'm not jelly yet <_<

Deleted User
February 4, 2006, 6:09 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by AntifateWhy is that ss contain JELLY in it... I thought Jelly was well.. Jelly. But Ok refers to Jelly as himself...

WHAT!?!?!?!? o_O

He just quoted my topic... that's all... but...... WTF.? "I thought Jelly was well.. Jelly. But Ok refers to Jelly as himself..."