( search forums )
Soldat Setup/Usage tips
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Guide - Information Gathering
Ok
December 14, 2005, 10:55 pm
Got any tips to how to setup your Soldier?
Got any good ideas how to solve common errors?
Got some specific settings that you think will benefit us?

Player Settings:
-> Please check the 'Player' Tab before you start playing Soldat Online.

- If you're not happy with the colors in the list , click on 'Custom' and then on Select Color to select your color from the colortable.

-Only enable the sniper-line when you're starting to play Soldat. Many Servers and league turn off the Sniper Line by default so don't get used to the sniper line.

Server search:
When you want to play on a server, you better nerrow down the search by choosing what you want, on the "Join Player" tab on the down right corner you have a "Filters" button.
Press it and new option will pop-up.
After chosing what you want to play, press "Request Servers" to get the full server list from the lobby.
Its best to sort the list by ping but you can sort it by any of the other columns for example "Name" when searching for a specific sever, by simply clicking on the Top of the list "Name/Ping etc" press on those to sort it , press it again to sort it backwards
e.g: A-Z or Z-A.

Changing GamePlay:
- Playing in Windows Mode (as apposed to fullscreen) can change how you play. The mouse has less distance to move, so you can technically aim quicker but your screen will be smaller.

- Theres an option in the 'Options' Tab at the bottom left of the screen to adjust mouse speed.

Improving Soldat performance ('Higher FPS')
- Turning off the weather effects can improve your computer's performance.

General Error Solving
- Try rebooting your PC.

- Check the Soldat Forums to look for a solution (use 'Search').

Updated 20th December 2005 added Chakra's ad UGK's tips.
Updated 10th January 2006 re-organized the content , added new tips and changed some tips a tiny bit.
Updated 11th January 2006: Added a sub-topic about Server search

mar77a
December 15, 2005, 1:39 pm
Maybe here i will post my lobby filters.

When i just want to play, no matter where, I select:
* Not full & not empty
* Not passworded
* Gamemode ALL

In case i want to have some real fun with good players:
* Not full
* Is dedicated
* Gamemode ALL
* No bonuses
* No bots

Another thing I will post here is that wo move the window in Windowed Mode, you just click in the top rigth corner over the "Soldat" word and drag and drop where you wish.

Chakra`
December 18, 2005, 7:47 pm
Playing in Windows Mode (as apposed to fullscreen) can change how you play. The mouse has less distance to move, so you can technically aim quicker.

Theres also an option in Soldat Options at the bottom left of the screen to adjust mouse speed. I like mine slapped up to around 150%.

UGK
December 19, 2005, 2:55 pm
Turn off the weather effects so you have less lag.

ugapa
January 3, 2006, 2:27 am
taunts. Modify them at your soldat folder, and then going to the taunts file. It will be in order from up to down in 0-9, and then A-Z. Use them in game by press alt + the key you assigned the taunt to.

Jello
January 3, 2006, 4:20 am
Don't be afraid to change your control scheme if the need arises. I changed my thow weapon key to spacebar a long time ago for knifing. Also, at some point I suppose I switched my change weapon and reload keys, but I can't for the life of me remember why. Now I'm so used to them, there's no going back.

ugapa
January 3, 2006, 5:30 am
If you see people with invisible heads or colored heads and decide that you want that sexy style, you can download the program to do so at http://www.turrino.it/page.php?id=16

Xanthophobia
January 9, 2006, 6:58 pm
I used to play in window mode... but since I got a widescreen laptop running at 1280x800, everything's really tiny, so I switched back to fullscreen :> I guess having to move the mouse less is balanced out by having a smaller margin of error when it comes to aiming.

DePhille
January 10, 2006, 7:32 pm
Reworded some tips , added a bit of information to them and added small categories.

I also added some tips that came up in me directly.

Grtz , DePhille

ugapa
January 11, 2006, 1:02 am
turn on take screens after game if you want to have screens after games like clan wars without pressing f4 if you always forget, but this eventually builds up to take a lot of memory, so delete it after every week or so in your screens folder

Svirep
January 11, 2006, 6:00 pm
change bullets
(for example) the ruger bullets (incoming and outgoing) are not easy for me to see, especialy on some backgrounds
so i didnt allways realise someone is shooting at me, especialy with music on
and i also greatly relay on seeing the first bullet to calculate where will i shoot the second one
so i changed their color
you can use a mod that suits you best, a combination of mods, or make your own changes
change everything that takes effort to see or whatever visualy bugs you