( search forums )
A newcomer's guide into the community
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Guide - Information Gathering
Ok
December 14, 2005, 10:57 pm
This will be a part dedicated to explain stuff that takes alot of time to understand, how the community works, how to deal with stuff that are hard to deal with (such as someone cursing you etc..)

Keep in mind, ONLY! constructive and well put ideas and explainations will be accepted, useless rubbish will be deleted.

Chakra`
December 18, 2005, 7:51 pm
Not many players I find are aware of a very useful way of ignoring someone chatting in game.

Press ' / ' to bring up the Soldat Console in-game (looks exactly like the chat function)...

then type /mute playername to not see anything that person types. ('playername' being the name of the player, in correct casing)

Alternatively, press F1 to see the list of players in the game. When you press ' / ' to bring up the console, a number will be put to the left side of all the players in the game in the list. So if player number 14 is annoying you, just type in /mute 14

Snipedmyself
December 30, 2005, 8:16 pm
things to note for the community.

how to be a respectable clan member

how to be a respectable forum-goer

ugapa
January 3, 2006, 2:36 am
if you want to know the good players in soldat, a good way to do so is to join a clan whos somewhat familiar with clans and warring them

Dark_Noddy
January 8, 2006, 5:03 pm
mIRC / IRC guide and a list of chans one should Idle in.

Some tips on how to become a respectable soldat player, etc. (so tehy dont get flamed to death and leave or end up like one of 'those' who no1 likes)

Ok
January 8, 2006, 5:14 pm
can anyone be arsed to actualy write it down? :It will really help, thx

ugapa
January 8, 2006, 7:22 pm
dont whine
dont show off
dont say your the best
dont camp or at least at the flag
dont spawn a lot
dont spam
dont hack
dont talk in caps all the time or lIkE tHiS
dont annoy people
dont shoot your teammates who get binked
dont purposely help the other team
dont bug
dont admin abuse
dont excessively swear
dont insult people
dont use MP5

Vijchtidoodah
January 9, 2006, 5:27 am
quote:Originally posted by ugapadont spawn a lot
dont use MP5

Hahaha. That's right. No spawning is allowed. Not even a little. Well, maybe a little, but then we're pulling the plug! *shakes fist menacingly*

Oh yeah, and you can't use the MP5. It's not really supposed to be on the weapons list. Just ignore it. I don't even see an MP5, what are you talking about?

rabidhamster
January 9, 2006, 6:12 am
if you decide to become a member of the forums, please follow the rules along with this other stuff you're supposed to know:

use the edit button. people don't like it when newbs triple post, because this is referred to as starhunting, which, in a nutshell, is basically spamming.

don't treat the forums like a chatroom. there is a thing called post count, and this goes up unless you're in certain sections of the forums. so while you're quadruple posting away with two word responses, chakra's sitting at his computer for twenty minutes making a two page long thread that will die in about 48 hours, ALL IN ONE POST. although i don't believe in the whole post count hype, some people work hard to get 1.000 posts, and you should respect that.

don't use a pokemon or yugioh avatar. just don't.

type in legible english. no "ogm i wil pwn yo moma" or "hey guys! my new map is called UbErMaPtHaTpWnSyOfAcE" and especially not "o3y3ygg jhfdjdfjk;js;gl;lsgg;nd ;j 23;5ut5;3o 34;".

Elephant_Hunter
January 9, 2006, 8:34 am
*snip*

Edit: You asked how to become a respectable player, and I responded. There are two rubbish posts above mine. Instead of deleting the rubbish, you criticized me. I do not like the way this subforum is managed so I choose to remove my input from it.

Have a good day.

Ok
January 9, 2006, 10:23 pm
Meet the Clans topic:
http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?topic_id=30751

And the weapons one:
http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?topic_id=30202

Please post in the right places.

Elephant_Hunter
January 13, 2006, 7:49 am

quote:
Admin notes:
This is not the "respect my authorotteh" forum.
Post in the wrong places and you will be directed to the right ones.
Refusing to help because someone "dissed" your proposal because you ignored the rules, is a clear indication that you are not here to help.
ty for your attemp, and hf playing soldat in the future.

Looks like somebody enjoys abusing moderator privileges. Put notes in your own post.

JiggaBlue
January 13, 2006, 4:56 pm
I don't even know whats going on, but I agree with ELE

DeMonIc
January 13, 2006, 4:56 pm
http://forums.tnl.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=79

BIG thanks to Denacke for creating this guide!

Ender
January 13, 2006, 5:43 pm
don't break copyright pls demonic.