( search forums )
Idea for ALL WEAPONS.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Antifate
December 15, 2005, 12:39 am
Hey dudes. You know how when you throw a Knife, it hurts/kills someone? Well how about if we implied that to ALL weapons. The damage would be based on weight, like a LAW being thrown would cause more damage than a Socom. It'd be a great last ditch attempt to killing someone if you're out of ammo. Maybe you could charge it up like a Knife, I dunno, your thoughts?

mike323
December 15, 2005, 4:50 am
good idea, i think you should be able to throw everything but the barat, the minigun, and the chainsaw, because in real life they are really heavy/awkward to carry.

~AcE~
December 15, 2005, 5:26 am
Maybe the heavier/more awkward the gun, the more auto-bink?

I really like this idea. In fact one of my first moments in Soldat was trying to throw a barret at someone while waiting for the huge reload.

Deleted User
December 15, 2005, 5:38 am
This does sound like a better alternative to punching, so I like it.

m00`
December 15, 2005, 5:40 am
then what happens to the knife? it will be completely useless

Deleted User
December 15, 2005, 5:52 am
This would be great.

quote:Originally posted by m00`then what happens to the knife? it will be completely useless

It's a bit of damage, not an instant kill.

Leo Da Lunerfox
December 15, 2005, 5:55 am
I do not want to be seen killed by a flying AK.

Plus, if it damaged, I wouldn't be able to catch it again until it hits the floor, which isn't fun...

Keron Cyst
December 15, 2005, 6:08 am
If you're that close you might as well just melee 'em. Yes, soldaten actually swing their rifle's butt at a touching enemy instead of shooting if a foe's close enough. In short, no.

Echo_Trail
December 15, 2005, 6:15 am
quote:Originally posted by m00`then what happens to the knife? it will be completely useless

If we added instant death(as it is now), this won't be a problem. Also, i don't think The LAW should be as acurate when thwowing, and you shouldn't be able to throw it as fast nor as far as the knife!.. The knife would still be Teh Masta!

I like this idea, But i don't think every weapon should deal different dmg. I think when throwing a weapon, both prim and sec, should maybe reduce you to 2/3 of full health, while knife, as the only one, kills you instantly on impact.

I support this idea. Gosh, i've found myself in many situations where this would have come in handy.

m00`
December 15, 2005, 6:35 am
yah so have you thought about it? you have an AK, you shoot the [CENSORED] out of somone, instead of switching to secondary to throw your knife at them, you chuck your AK at them, dont you think that it will completely destroy the knife this way?

Echo_Trail
December 15, 2005, 6:41 am
No... who would wanna lose their primary weapon? I'd rather reload or throw my knife.. Compared to the situation ofcourse.

Kaider
December 15, 2005, 8:20 pm
Maybe if it just caused bink instead of damage? I could see how people would get pissed if alot of people with LAWs waited up on a cliff for their enemy to come by, just to bomb them by dropping their LAWs on their heads so they die.

Actually, that would be pretty funny.

rabidhamster
December 15, 2005, 9:28 pm
hah, no.

"alright team, the zombies are right below us, completely unarmed. maybe if we throw our weapons at them, we can kill 'em!"
"but sir, why would we give them our weap-"
"DO IT!"
<all weapons are thrown to the bottom of the pit>
"did it work?"
<everyone at te top of the pit gets serial killed by 100% accuracy ak-weilding zombies>

Deleted User
December 15, 2005, 11:05 pm
this is dumb, for a last ditch effort you would puch them silly, or just keep on out manuevering there bullets until they reload

Antifate
December 16, 2005, 12:03 am
Hmm I'm just saying, it's an idea. I'd MUCH rather chuck my semi-slow reloading ruger at an insane minigunning noob than try to heroicly punch him to death. Seriously. And NO, the knife wouldn't be replaced. Knives are sharp, 1 hit kill. Throwing a pistol at a guy would not kill him like a knife would. Say your are fighting, you shoot a guy with your AK, yay he's dead, but before you have a chance to reload, another guy pops up, you have about 13 bullets left and still manage to do some nice damage to him, he is near death. Rather throwing that knife, which would overkill him, you could throw your weapon, catch it, and save your knife for the next guy that comes by. You would use your knives in situations where the enemy has full health, therefore calling for a knife throw. However if the guy is hanging by a thread, and you see an opportunity it'd be very useful. Rabidhamster, is most cases the weapon being thrown would have no more ammo in it, however that dialouge is humorous. Kaider, LAWs being dropped would not kill people, however it would damage them. Maybe if they had 1/2 health it could kill them, I don't see this being a problem... I really think that punching would not be a batter alternative. Say you are facing a minigunner. You hit him twice with your ruger, he's hanging on by the TINIEST bit of life ever. He's spraying wildly and you have no time to reload. If you tried to get close, you'd be dead. You throw your ruger at him. Awesomeness.

matapatos
December 16, 2005, 9:47 pm
look at size of gosteks. now look at a real weapon(can be ak-47).

How far do you think you could trhow one? It hasnt to do with weight. for istance, i cant throw my table that doesnt weight more then 10kg, for more then 1meter, but i can throw 10kg of concentrated mass(a rock maybe) for more then 1meter for sure.

Like weapons, they are irregular. How long you think you could throw an ak? 5 meters? and do you really think it would heart somebody when it touched him?

ofcourse not.

dr.ON
December 16, 2005, 10:14 pm
Bad idea :(

numgun
December 16, 2005, 10:45 pm
good idea!

1.an unarmed soldier is walking and he sees a minigun falling from above!
2.thx god! *tries to catch the minigun*
3.*splash* ...wtf? HAXXX!!!1

Antifate
December 17, 2005, 1:32 am
Well I don't think you would exactly kill someone. But maybe having the butt of a rifle fall on your face just MIGHT hurt. Don'tcha think?

Soap
December 17, 2005, 4:16 am
This is a good idea. Remember in Saving Private Ryan where the two guys shoot at eachother and run out of bullets, so they throw their guns and helmets at eachother?

Antifate
December 17, 2005, 1:01 pm
LOL! Yeah.