( search forums )
ur 'typical' chainsaw rampage
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Moments
mike323
December 15, 2005, 2:09 am
this was a long while back about a week after I had soldat, and it was one of my best noobish moments...

i was on equinox w/ some friends i convinced to get soldat, and we all got on this popular server with about 14 people. when I got to the red base, i whipped out the ripsaw and went down from the top, sawing away, and there were three reds jetting up, who all were killed by the saw. So three kills, then i landed, about 6 people spawned and i cut them all apart. 9 people :)

XD

Echo_Trail
December 15, 2005, 6:31 am
OMG LOL N00B! SPAWNKILLER F4GGZOR!
Nevermind, i like it! :D
I know ppl [CENSORED] up about spawnkill and all, but these scenarios are simply too.. giving, not to unleash! hehe... so awesome! nice going anyway.

headstone
December 15, 2005, 4:24 pm
With the delay, I don't really mind spawn killing. You have a fair chance to defend yourself before you can recieve damage.

mike323
December 15, 2005, 4:28 pm
well yeah u don't really have an option when you trying to get the flag...
but yeah that was when i was a noob and now i don't really spawn kill cause people kick me

numgun
December 15, 2005, 4:50 pm
LOL?! 3 ppl sawed in mid air? now thats something! =D

Kaider
December 15, 2005, 8:27 pm
That's pretty good,and you were only playing for one week? Wow.

Chonoryoku
December 15, 2005, 10:21 pm
I learned that spawnkilling is essential through Enemy Territory. Cutting off the flow of reinforcements from the other team's base is good. :>

mike323
December 15, 2005, 11:34 pm
lol yeah i was a very lucky noob :D

Deleted User
December 16, 2005, 5:57 am
Few things are indeed as satisfying as sawing someone in mid-air... Let alone three.

As for spawnkilling, it is pretty much unavoidable when trying to make off with the flag. I'm not a fan of spawnkilling for the sake of itself though.

Gortaak
December 16, 2005, 6:36 am
well, wehn making off with the flag, killing the people that just spawn, mebey its just me, but i dont consider that spawn camping, thats just playing it safe, covering your escape, i personally love to spam all of my nades into the respawn area, (espically on CTF Run) to ensure a few kills, if not weaken them where a few rounds from my gun would take them out, or blast thenm around to the point that they wont be able to catch up to me.
but sitting there at a spawn, killing people for no apparet reason is lame

Norris Scott
December 16, 2005, 8:22 am
I've had a few nice saw moments on Equinox as well, ESPECIALLY in the downward tunnels.

On realistic mode once, we had a red spawning us in the base and he was moving towards the right downward tunnel to escape, but I cut him off with my saw. Next thing I know, another red comes jetting up INTO my saw, effectively killing himself. I take a step forward and fall down the tunnel, killing two reds jetting up in the process... and then get killed by the third, who saw me land and threw his knife at me.

Sawing people in the air is a tricky thing to do, especially when they have guns... but you really feel like you accomplished something when you do it :D

I once enjoyed a moment where a teammate's nade launched me up over the middle hill in Equinox, I kicked on my jets and flew right through an enemy... fun stuff.

GARAoftheDESERT
December 16, 2005, 2:56 pm
Chainsaw is a strange weapon. Despite my sig, I don't ushualy change secondaries. There was one time when knife was disabled so i decided "why not" and pulled out a chainsaw. Killed 4 guys before I was shot.