( search forums )
1.4 expectations from the fans themselves....
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Deleted User
December 16, 2005, 3:31 am
List your expectations of 1.4 :)

1. M79 shooting delay (come on, like the barret, the thing is heavy, and you get butterflies in your stomach. Delay fixes things up pretty nicely ^.^)
2. More Movement Account on Barret (try walking and shooting with barret, EASY)
3. Fixed Flag throw
4. no more 'instant flag return' bugs
5. More steyr bink
6. change of steyr power to 76
7. Higher ROF and 30 clip for AK-74, for its name to be changed to "AK-47" with 100 power
8. Ruger fix for 2 headshots to kill and 3 shots to kill normally
9. less law delay
10. MIDAIR LAWS!! (1.1.2 havoc all over again!!! YAY!!!!!)
11. Less ROF for Minimi (try playing Kuma War, their M279-SAW isn't half as fast as that)

lithium
December 16, 2005, 3:46 am
I think it's pretty early to start making predictions. Maybe the above list is less your expectations than your hopes?

vash763
December 16, 2005, 3:48 am
I hate #4

And I have noticed how powerful the m79 is now

Famine
December 16, 2005, 4:10 am
You know, this is why we have a weapon editor.

DeLarge
December 16, 2005, 4:11 am
I'd expect 1.4 with the introduction repaired!

m00`
December 16, 2005, 4:31 am
i dont really think delay should be in soldat, knife and barret and LAW need different nerfs, only minigun is supposed to have a delay, it just doesnt seem right wih the barret and LAW, if this keeps going, soon even guns like the socom will have delay "LOL WE NERFED KNIFE AND LAW WITH DELAY LETS PUT DELAY ON SOCOM TOO"

vash763
December 16, 2005, 4:33 am
I want bunny ears.

Deleted User
December 16, 2005, 5:21 am
Although it's too early to say anything about weapon balancing, 1.3.1 will hopefully prove to be a real success in that regard to give it a rest for awhile. A weapon-balance update would probably just be called 1.3.2 anyhow...

Something 1.4 material would be increased map-making and modding possibilities. The main things I'd like to see someday are:
Greater weapons moddability that includes scope and shotgun-style reload, etc., and weapon graphics placed on the screen based on the center pixel instead of the top-left one.
A new PMS format that allows for a plethora of graphical and gameplay additions, like scenery animations and polygon functions.
Custom personal gostek files viewable by others in online play.
More hats, chains, and hairstyles wouldn't hurt either... It'd be neat to be able to choose a Santa hat, or an afro, or something... And bunny ears too, I suppose.

DeLarge
December 16, 2005, 5:22 am
What if there can be more music added to the game rather than three only?

karmazon
December 16, 2005, 5:24 am
Compability with Pro Savage DDR graphic card

vehicles

shields

new weapons

DeLarge
December 16, 2005, 5:38 am
And music.

Echo_Trail
December 16, 2005, 7:03 am
i agree with m00`.. Some of the way at least. I like it how the LAW has delay. It seems somehow more of a realistic thing, but about the barret. It sort of takes out the original idea. Barret is supposed to be a.. shall we say, assassin weap. I mena, fast and long bullet rate, and you're able to kill the moment you see an enemy. i mena, this is only a problem for whiners, who just burst out into combat, instead of thinkin tactic. You should always move 2 or 3 out, that way when someone is hit by a sniper, the rest can take him out before he reloads:D

Anyway, as YoMammasMamma said, 'tis way to early to begin weapon balance on the new mod.
I gotte say, i'm not too fond of the new version, but anyhow, this is the one at hand. I'm just gonna learn how to play with it. Hopefully the next will be changed into a more.. echo_trail suitable version.
echo out

frogboy
December 16, 2005, 7:48 am
quote:Originally posted by karmazonCompability with Pro Savage DDR graphic card
...what's wrong with getting a new graphics card? You're going to have to get a new graphics card eventually.

Vijchtidoodah
December 16, 2005, 7:51 am
quote:Originally posted by JellyList your expectations of 1.4 :)

1. M79 shooting delay (come on, like the barret, the thing is heavy, and you get butterflies in your stomach. Delay fixes things up pretty nicely ^.^)
3. Fixed Flag throw
5. More steyr bink
7. Higher ROF and 30 clip for AK-74, for its name to be changed to "AK-47" with 100 power
9. less law delay
11. Less ROF for Minimi (try playing Kuma War, their M279-SAW isn't half as fast as that)

Make a server with your #1, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 11 changes and tell us how it goes. Try to refine it to what you think is perfection, then give me a holler and I'll test it out with you.

Algernon
December 16, 2005, 8:22 am

3. Fixed Flag throw
5. More steyr bink
9. less law delay

1. prediction: more self damage from the m79 and blink. just increasing the power out of the weapon would do nicely.
what i'd like to see: a slighty longer reload/shot interval but i doubt it'll happen.

2. prediction: the barret will be unchanged.
what i'd like to see: a little less movementacc but more bink.

7. prediction: both the AK 74 and minimi will become less and less alike. the minimi will be the gun with lots of bullet speed and the AK 74 will have the greater bullet damage but less bullet speed.

9. prediction: less law delay
what i'd like to see: no law delay

Deleted User
December 16, 2005, 11:19 am
- Trying out a new type of balance. (Wouldnt hurt would it?)

>.>

<.<

GluLm
December 16, 2005, 11:58 am
Argueing about weapons being too powerful... what do you want, weapons that doesn't kill or what? Simply say it then: "I want weapons that does no damage when you shoot!"
People these days want to change the game so much, it'll end up in a total new game... I hate you. :(

Simply focus on the bugs, not things you *think* are better to avoid being killed... newbies.

_Mancer_
December 16, 2005, 4:39 pm

3. Fixed Flag throw
5. More steyr bink
9. less law delay

I disagree with every single one of your statements, except for the flag bugs.

rabidhamster
December 16, 2005, 4:45 pm
/dance

and...
slightly more custom interface customizability
a new twist added to htf to make it more interesting (no matter how small of a change, it would still be great)
choosable flag colors in all game modes (server-side)
a fix for soldat that would make invisible polygons have no edges
(just maybe) implement MM's idea for predatormatch that he talked about during the latest interview... eh?

person
December 16, 2005, 4:50 pm
Next version:

NO [CENSORED]ING WEAPON CHANGES

I think I can say that we're all sick of having to change our styles of play, sometimes drastically, for each new version.

edit:
oh and I'm with Mancer on his statement above.

b00stA
December 16, 2005, 5:19 pm
quote:Originally posted by vash763I want bunny ears.

Seconded.

Keron Cyst
December 16, 2005, 6:13 pm
I only like #s 1, 3, 4, and 9.

KeFear
December 16, 2005, 6:38 pm
I don't think all will come true, i hope not.

But yeah, i want more hats and stuff. Bunny ears, rings, neklances, beers, winks, etc etc etc... Just anything you can imagine. And yeah. I demand custom gosteks online. That is simply a must!

Off: notice my new sig, inspired by frogboy's.

Deleted User
December 16, 2005, 7:23 pm
How about screw all of that and fix the netcode crap.

(And stop your [CENSORED]ing Beotchin' about the law and knife, they're still awesome get used to 'em and shove it.)

matapatos
December 16, 2005, 7:41 pm
We could, at once, have realistic gameplay, to turn soldat into a tactical shoot'em up game, like America's Army or Call Of Duty, instead of "Rush-to-the-front--Half-Life-Mods-Style".

How to do it? Its not that hard:

1)Bullets must be faster(not to shoot faster, but when they leave weapon they hit the objective very fast, like real weapons....). I mean, do we have that option? i dont think so. We can mod weapons to shoot very fast, but velocity is always the same, right?(i can be wrong).
In this way there would be no rushs, because the defense team would smurf this players.(i want the option to do it. not to be forced). and just trying to rush would make players die at the center of the maps.

2)The option to have smaller gosteks(instead of making maps big). I dont mean microscopic, but smaller gosteks is like increasing maps size. Can become more realistic.(i also want the option to do it. not to be forced :P)

3)When you walk and shoot, bullets should be even less acurate. This also helps to stop rush, and helps for tactical game play.

4)Bigger diference between acuracy when up,duck and lied down.(if ther is any...i never notice big diferences). another thing that also helps to reduce rush.

5)Less acuracy when shooting in mid air. It would be like this, from the less acurate, to the most acurate:

mid air> up> duck >lied down

6)diferent stuff to had to the gostek.(some more to free, and even more to registered users....would be fair). Like, diferent kinds of shirts, headgear, pants(or shorts,etc), boots,etc.

7) BINOCULARS as third party(ill explain this later) weapon!!! Like the sniper, you can see more far if you duck, and even more if lie down. It could see exactly the same as sniper, or maybe a bit more.

8) GRENADES make part of the kit!! option to choose to start with grenades in secondary menu, or to have them to be picked on the ground.

9) SMOKE GRENADES, BLIND GRENADES, FIRE GRENDADES!!! Smoke grenades would act exactly like an object in realistic mod(line of sight).you cant see whats in front of the smoke. So you just fly over it, or cross it...might be danger, so maybe you'll wait, or just shoot blind(very realistic behaviour. the shoot blind method. although you can do it, there is hardly a reason for it). This is seted up on the players menu. you can choose up to a set number of grenades(we alrady have this option), but then you choose how many of them you want to be normal grenades, or smoke grenades,etc. for example, if server seted up up to 3 grenades, you can choose 2 normal grenades, and one smoke grenade, for instance. Blind grenades would put your monitor into black....and then you would be smurfed up. time blind could be seted up either. Fire grenades would be a bit like "molotov cocktails" in lemmings. Explode when they hit something, and the fire stays on the ground for a seted period of time. Damage increase depending on how long you keep on it.

10)Thirdiary menu! Binoculars, night vision, hide kit(you would get disguised in the map. although you couldnt do anything else when in this position).

11)Obviously, the weapon add ons! Xray, Silencer,etc. Xray would make a very cool thing. For istance, a sniper with an xray would make a red sniper line for the player and maybe team players, but for the enemy it would be only a red ball. Imagine it. You are hiding somewhere, and sudenly you see a red(flurouscent) ball on a wall....and you dont know from where da hell its coming, you only know that its close to you...then you see the red ball in your head.....then booooom.

12)You dont have infinite bullets. you have a seted up number of recharges, but if you loose them all, you must return to base(only on ctf_ and htf) (option to do it)

13)option to set realistic deaths. so your head wouldnt fly and jump everywhere. Although i love to play with other guys heads, i want to have the option for realistic deaths.

14)FOG and TERRAIN EFECTS!!more smokes and clouds. Grenade makes marks in the ground, bazooka makes even bigger marks, and keep int he scenario for even longer. Lots of sand,earth, etc, appear depending on what is hiting the terrains. if bazooka its terrain, it goes all over the place....big mess :D

15)VEHICLES!! OH YEAH, GIMME THOSE TANKS!!!

16)LAND MINES!!Would be part of the thirdiary menu. Players would set em up in the scenario. Team could see them, enemy couldnt. It would help for tactical game, because you would to have grenades, or blind fire, to destroy mines, before you pass......rush and you're smurfed

17)CALL AIRFORCES!!! You are forgeting a classic of the lemmings. The green command and the napalm or missils :P.

18)Escape maps. Inverse of Infiltration. your objective is to lead the black flag to the white point. you start with black flag, and you get points when you hit with it in the white flag, but blue teams gets points for the seconds that pass.(im based on the inf_invasion map)

19)Race mod. With waypoints. objective is to reach those waypoints first then the rest....weapons included ofcourse.

I can't think of any other now.
Oh, and Btw, Michal, dont worry, i don't want this for 1.4 :D. Just some improvements...although i expect all of them when we reach Soldat 5.0 :P.

i should make of this post a topic, in the sugestions thread...

KeFear
December 16, 2005, 7:56 pm
That is, my dear friend, INSANE!

This is Soldat. What you are talking about is a game of... err, i don't think i would play that.
Forget about it.

matapatos
December 16, 2005, 8:50 pm
i dont think its insane......yeah, some of the things were just things i would like to see(vehicles,etc).

But to say that fog efects, for instance, and terrain blowing up(it already happens, but only small pieces. and i dont mean maps being destroyed like in worms) isnt cool, is just to be narrow.minded...

silencer isnt cool? why no binoculars or smoke grenades?fire grendades? land mines? escape maps?

and like i said, and you should have understood, i would like the option to have it, not forced. im not talking about changing the basics of the game, but it would be cool to had some.

And i know it's a lot of work....and im not forcing anybody, im just giving ideas......some are to extreme ideas, but i just said what poped up to my head while i was writing. And some ideas can be taken from those extreme i said. (ok, forget the missils and napalm)

GAMEOVER
December 16, 2005, 8:56 pm
I disagree with everything but the flag bug, just fix the register stuff and lets go from there and a deff 2 hit kill ruger with everything else the same.

ThaD
December 16, 2005, 9:26 pm
I like #0

Deleted User
December 16, 2005, 10:31 pm
You want smoke grenades? Go play America's Army <_<

numgun
December 16, 2005, 10:39 pm
VEHICLEEESSSZ!!!111

matapatos
December 16, 2005, 10:53 pm
Yes, i'm an americas army player, i said that in the begining. It's one of the few shoot'em up games where you actually have to think before playing stupid. Not like counter strike that you start jumping, and coruching, and coruching while jumping, and manage to avoid bullets in some stupid way:P

and i cant see whats so wrong with smoke grenades....it would be awsome....(somebody entering and leaving smoke in the other side....he just doesnt know whats in the other side)

karmazon
December 16, 2005, 11:35 pm
quote:Originally posted by frogboyquote:Originally posted by karmazonCompability with Pro Savage DDR graphic card
...what's wrong with getting a new graphics card? You're going to have to get a new graphics card eventually.

why would I get a new graphics card

Pigtard
December 17, 2005, 7:42 pm
A new power up: The suicide bomb

reckon
December 17, 2005, 8:19 pm
Pigtard, that could be made by using the weapon mod.
Id like to see the introduction of some more secondaries perhaps.
At this time I cant really think of much that would be beneficial except perhaps bionoculars (which have been mentioned) or perhaps a first aid kit. I know that the first aid kit is modable in the WM, but whatever.
With the bionoculars, you obviously wouldnt have a secondary weapon to fall back on, but you could scope out the terrain and see whos comin your way.
Same thing with the med pack, you sacrifice weaponary for survivability.
It wouldnt fully heal you, but give you enough life back to flee danger.

Saint-Cross
December 17, 2005, 8:33 pm
quote:Originally posted by karmazonCompability with Pro Savage DDR graphic card

vehicles

shields

new weapons

I agree with the graphic card part, since that's what I have. (it sucks, as most know.)

The Twilight
December 17, 2005, 9:30 pm
Bears, yes, you know you want bears running around maps
mauling and attacking people.
Don't deny it.

And a Patch for people who want to uninstall version 1.31 back to 1.3

Antifate
December 17, 2005, 9:54 pm
These ideas blow... 3 hit ruger? ARE YOU INSANE!? m79 delay? Then why would we have m79s? The only thing m79 has over barret right now is explosive damage and no delay. Explosive damage doesn't really matter, but delay does. If we gave m79 delay, then m79 would be USELESS. Barret would have more range and you can throw grenades inbetween shots without interupting the next shot.

Maxx
December 17, 2005, 10:06 pm
I hate this thread with a passion.

rabidhamster
December 18, 2005, 2:32 am
originally posted by that potato guy
2)The option to have smaller gosteks(instead of making maps big). I dont mean microscopic, but smaller gosteks is like increasing maps size. Can become more realistic.(i also want the option to do it. not to be forced :P)

i like this.

i also notice that everyone expects so much from MM. don't be so hard on him.

edak
December 18, 2005, 3:23 am
wow, I have read so many stupid ideas.... I personally admire MM for making this game on his own so instead of yelling requests at him, I will give him a little more time to fix the problems that already exist in the game and I am not talking weapon balance, rather server-side issues that sometimes make online play as useless as tits on a bull (~25% or so m79 hits dont register I heard). Though custom gosteks would be the rox, but remember that this is about 30 small files that would need be sent to each player in the game, every time a player joins a server, imagine the problems that would generate! I really believe that people should consider what they are asking before they do so and perhaps suggest a way to actually program it if you are so smart.

Deleted User
December 18, 2005, 3:27 am
barret has too much bink as it is...

Deleted User
December 18, 2005, 4:03 am
quote:Originally posted by matapatosWe could, at once, have realistic gameplay, to turn soldat into a tactical shoot'em up game, like America's Army or Call Of Duty, instead of "Rush-to-the-front--Half-Life-Mods-Style".

How to do it? Its not that hard:

1)Bullets must be faster(not to shoot faster, but when they leave weapon they hit the objective very fast, like real weapons....). I mean, do we have that option? i dont think so. We can mod weapons to shoot very fast, but velocity is always the same, right?(i can be wrong).
In this way there would be no rushs, because the defense team would smurf this players.(i want the option to do it. not to be forced). and just trying to rush would make players die at the center of the maps.

3)When you walk and shoot, bullets should be even less acurate. This also helps to stop rush, and helps for tactical game play.

4)Bigger diference between acuracy when up,duck and lied down.(if ther is any...i never notice big diferences). another thing that also helps to reduce rush.

5)Less acuracy when shooting in mid air. It would be like this, from the less acurate, to the most acurate:

mid air> up> duck >lied down

6)diferent stuff to had to the gostek.(some more to free, and even more to registered users....would be fair). Like, diferent kinds of shirts, headgear, pants(or shorts,etc), boots,etc.

7) BINOCULARS as third party(ill explain this later) weapon!!! Like the sniper, you can see more far if you duck, and even more if lie down. It could see exactly the same as sniper, or maybe a bit more.

8) GRENADES make part of the kit!! option to choose to start with grenades in secondary menu, or to have them to be picked on the ground.

9) SMOKE GRENADES, BLIND GRENADES, FIRE GRENDADES!!! Smoke grenades would act exactly like an object in realistic mod(line of sight).you cant see whats in front of the smoke. So you just fly over it, or cross it...might be danger, so maybe you'll wait, or just shoot blind(very realistic behaviour. the shoot blind method. although you can do it, there is hardly a reason for it). This is seted up on the players menu. you can choose up to a set number of grenades(we alrady have this option), but then you choose how many of them you want to be normal grenades, or smoke grenades,etc. for example, if server seted up up to 3 grenades, you can choose 2 normal grenades, and one smoke grenade, for instance. Blind grenades would put your monitor into black....and then you would be smurfed up. time blind could be seted up either. Fire grenades would be a bit like "molotov cocktails" in lemmings. Explode when they hit something, and the fire stays on the ground for a seted period of time. Damage increase depending on how long you keep on it.

10)Thirdiary menu! Binoculars, night vision, hide kit(you would get disguised in the map. although you couldnt do anything else when in this position).

11)Obviously, the weapon add ons! Xray, Silencer,etc. Xray would make a very cool thing. For istance, a sniper with an xray would make a red sniper line for the player and maybe team players, but for the enemy it would be only a red ball. Imagine it. You are hiding somewhere, and sudenly you see a red(flurouscent) ball on a wall....and you dont know from where da hell its coming, you only know that its close to you...then you see the red ball in your head.....then booooom.

12)You dont have infinite bullets. you have a seted up number of recharges, but if you loose them all, you must return to base(only on ctf_ and htf) (option to do it)

13)option to set realistic deaths. so your head wouldnt fly and jump everywhere. Although i love to play with other guys heads, i want to have the option for realistic deaths.

14)FOG and TERRAIN EFECTS!!more smokes and clouds. Grenade makes marks in the ground, bazooka makes even bigger marks, and keep int he scenario for even longer. Lots of sand,earth, etc, appear depending on what is hiting the terrains. if bazooka its terrain, it goes all over the place....big mess :D

15)VEHICLES!! OH YEAH, GIMME THOSE TANKS!!!

16)LAND MINES!!Would be part of the thirdiary menu. Players would set em up in the scenario. Team could see them, enemy couldnt. It would help for tactical game, because you would to have grenades, or blind fire, to destroy mines, before you pass......rush and you're smurfed

17)CALL AIRFORCES!!! You are forgeting a classic of the lemmings. The green command and the napalm or missils :P.

18)Escape maps. Inverse of Infiltration. your objective is to lead the black flag to the white point. you start with black flag, and you get points when you hit with it in the white flag, but blue teams gets points for the seconds that pass.(im based on the inf_invasion map)

19)Race mod. With waypoints. objective is to reach those waypoints first then the rest....weapons included ofcourse.

I can't think of any other now.
Oh, and Btw, Michal, dont worry, i don't want this for 1.4 :D. Just some improvements...although i expect all of them when we reach Soldat 5.0 :P.

i should make of this post a topic, in the sugestions thread...

Soldat is Soldat, if you want ultra-realism/gadgets then play Red Orchestra (full mod for UT2004) or Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield.

But having said that, i would like there to be more elements in the game, bring on the bunny ears!

Deleted User
December 18, 2005, 4:10 am
REAL realism: walk into an International Airport without a Passport with a folding stock AK-47. =)

Deleted User
December 18, 2005, 6:37 pm
ok

1. silenced missile launchers
2. king kong
3. vehicles that do 1 hit kills with rockets that are on a chaingun

TheRelinquished
December 18, 2005, 7:11 pm
quote:Originally Posted by moo'

i dont really think delay should be in soldat, knife and barret and LAW need different nerfs, only minigun is supposed to have a delay, it just doesnt seem right wih the barret and LAW, if this keeps going, soon even guns like the socom will have delay "LOL WE NERFED KNIFE AND LAW WITH DELAY LETS PUT DELAY ON SOCOM TOO"

If there's another way that people will accept, I beg that it be implemented. I miss my reflexive deathing with barret. :[

Post Scriptum:
I know I just made "death" a verb. STFU grammar nazis.

GARAoftheDESERT
December 19, 2005, 2:33 pm
1. More weapons

2. more modes

3. More teams :?

4. More hats

5. I'll finaly make my Naruto mod :)

numgun
December 19, 2005, 4:21 pm
Naruto mod? wtf?
if u have it in mind then do what i did: make it ur self ;)