( search forums )
1v5
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Moments
Deleted User
December 16, 2005, 5:59 am
I was in a 5v5 RS game on ctf_Maya I believe, and as my team charged up the hill, they got massacred by the opposition.

Facing a 5v1, I did the only honorable thing I could do, I barret-camped the flag, and generously decapitated* 4 of them, coming at me one at a time. The 4th guy was more careful though and actually loosed some bullets from his gun before I amputated his vital part. The 5th guy got smart and I had to hunt him down, but I was able to track him by sound and flank him, killing him before he got a bullet off.

Needless to say I was pleased with myself, though I was rather lucky that they only came at me one at a time. But they weren't noobs either, since they had just killed the rest of my team without any losses. I, like most people sporadicly pwn.

*I was hiding in the white part of the spawn area, so I couldn't shoot low. My lowest angle would just take the head off a soldat standing at the flag, which is what I did.

GARAoftheDESERT
December 16, 2005, 3:04 pm
Dude, were you in survival mode? If so, I can relate. (Being out #erd that is:)

Deleted User
December 17, 2005, 9:21 pm
Yeah, it was Realistic-Survival mode.

In RS, you suddenly have to learn to fight a lot smarter, and camping becomes semi-legitimate, because it is not without its price. If you camp, you can't back up your team, and you surrender the initiative to your foe. In this situation though, I didn't really have much of a team to back up any more (and had I helped out, I would have died too), and I obeyed the camper's commandment to the fullest: "Thou shalt not miss.". 5 bullets, 5 kills.

mustafa
December 20, 2005, 12:57 pm
Nice pwn Hans, RS is indeed sometimes fun and exciting.

When it's like a 1vs1 situation, and both people have the flags, I sometimes crouchjump so that the flag flys away in to some corner, then the other guy thinks I'm there, but I'm really behind him or hiding somewhere, when he starts to shoot at the flag -- I kill him.
It always cracks me up when people fall for that trick. All warfare is based on deception -- check my profile -> favorite quote.

In RS jungle maps like Maya, Maya2, Laos, Viet etc. are the most fun, lots of places to hide etc.

numgun
December 20, 2005, 1:24 pm
nice, was this in version 1.3.1 or 1.3?
nice favorite quote btw mustafa ;)