( search forums )
Apoca City
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Ideas / Discussions
Ranzear
December 16, 2005, 6:44 am
So I'm almost done with it, and by that I mean that I'm sick of tweaking it so I'll probably add a few more things and release it with my zombie bot pack. These bots are intended to be played with knife diabled, their accuracy and such balanced so they can steal your gun and waste your ammo and sometimes manage you kill you with it =D. A few chainsaw zombies rounds out the mix.

So heres the map, I've left the .JPG as large as possible (on my own chunk of bandwidth) but it still got eaten a little, so this image doesn't do it justice. Its a reverse-ctf, in that the red team starts with the blue flag on the far right and must take it to the red flag on the far left.

[IMAGE]

And yes, its mildly waypointed for the bots to mill about and lurk in the shadows =D, and one which spawns on the red flag flag will run up the nearest building. Running around without the flag is easy, but the zombies are many times more aggressive when you have the flag. This is also played on Realistic+Advanced mode, so the zombies can hide behind corners and you start with only LAW, Chainsaw, or SOCOM with advancement somewhere around 5 kills. I currently run in it rotation with a skydiving concept and a very small arena where you can get explosive revenge on very confined zombies or try to flag through them.

AIM me, Ranzear (same name everywhere), if you want to try it out and I'll put my server up, I need all the suggestions I can get before I finally throw it, my other two 'inbetween rounds' break-the-monotony maps, and my full set of Zombies out to the public.

Deleted User
December 16, 2005, 9:41 am
looks like a fairly decent map, a couple of suggestions.
- shading
-more scenery

but its an exellent start, more practice and you in :P

Deleted User
December 16, 2005, 10:08 am
Yeah, looks like a very good zombie map.

Say, are you the guy that tested that map called ApocCityBeta, with a whole bunch of zombies in it? :o The name seems close enough, heh.

OutofOrder
December 16, 2005, 4:53 pm
quote:Originally posted by Meep.Say, are you the guy that tested that map called ApocCityBeta, with a whole bunch of zombies in it? :o The name seems close enough, heh.

Have you checked the lowest left corner of the screenshot? xD

I'm very fond of zombiematches, but a map made entirely on purpose for zombiematching! This is a great job. And you've got some neat building designing there. Gonna Aim you if i found some time this afternoon. :P

Ranzear
December 18, 2005, 4:04 am
Hah, yeah. I've had quite a few people come play it. It has the bad map version bug but with polyworks I can track down the buggy poly or whatever. You can hardly see the shading I actually did because you're just looking at the landmass that everything sits on, which I'm going to redo anyway because those were the first few polys and are really badly chopped up from dividing into the ground. I've also got some odd small and thin polys around that I can clean up.

Raptor
December 19, 2005, 5:22 pm
It's pretty good! But it would be cooler if you add more scenery and shading :)

Ranzear
December 19, 2005, 10:01 pm
Alright, I'll say it again...you can't see the shading in that image, all you see is the chunk of ground that everything is on, and of course it looks like ass =)

I've got a lighting effect, using scenery, that looks absolutely sweet. I've repolyed the ground and then transferred all visible polys to a whole new map file to clear out any errors (Good Technique: Alt-click select a good portion of the map, copy, load new map, paste, repeat, then realign the 3 or 4 chunks with polyworks and compile, no more errors!). I'm now working on re-waypointing then I'll be testing a little more and then its release time.

Ranzear
December 20, 2005, 8:20 am
Alright, heres a fresh (and again nicely oversized) image. I can't give all my secrets away...

[IMAGE]

So, just a bit of re-waypointing and it should be aaallllll done.

Ranzear
December 21, 2005, 1:20 am
It's done. I'll post it to the main board in the next few days... server should be up sporadically until then...

vash763
December 21, 2005, 10:51 am
this map is so much fun

moremoremore

i made one too

http://m00.laughingllamas.com/fileupload/?act=view&file=Y3RmX3Zhc2hfYXBvY2EuUE1T

[IMAGE]