( search forums )
Waypointing Enquiry
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Bot Forum
Martin Firth
December 16, 2005, 10:39 am
Whenever my bots get to a waypoint, they do the actions assigned to the waypoint ahead of them. Are you supposed to put what the bot should do when it reaches a point, or what it should have done to get there?

Keron Cyst
December 16, 2005, 6:33 pm
What it should do to get there.

Point A --> Point B

From A to B the bot executes B's attributes and also faces Point B while it's at it (the fact that it faces Point B is useful for getting it to backflip-jet, but that's a very advanced technique and you really shouldn't try doing that now :-D). If A has a command and the bot starts on A, A's command is useless.

Mind if I send you a very simple wypted. .PMS with more or less all the basic functions to experiment on?

mar77a
December 17, 2005, 2:35 am
"How Waypoints Work
When a bot is following a waypoint path and makes contact with a waypoint (paths will be touched on shortly), it will follow the instructions that are included in the waypoint; by instructions we mean one or a combination of the following:

. Move left
. Move right
. Jump (up)
. Crouch (down)
. Use jetpack

also:

. Wait x seconds before following instructions
. stop and camp

(note: obviously some combinations of these are impossible and will cause the bot to malfunction)

The instructions are read as soon as the bot makes contact with the waypoint. At this point, any instructions the bot was following from a previous waypoint are terminated and it henceforth begins to follow the instructions read from the current waypoint."

Martin Firth
December 17, 2005, 4:10 am
OK thanks I thought so. I don't need your map, Keron, I've got the hang of it now. Thanks people.