( search forums )
I'm just so happy
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Raptor
December 16, 2005, 8:35 pm
Barretards are OVER!!! Finally, no more camping and I'll be able to play better... there's no better christmas present :')

Thanks MM!!!!!!!!!!

_Mancer_
December 16, 2005, 9:09 pm
I find it odd that the weapon balance keeps getting better and better, but the bugs keep getting worse and worse..!

Raptor
December 16, 2005, 9:12 pm
I completely agree with you on that xD

Deleted User
December 16, 2005, 9:27 pm
nope.

I can still barretard..

(new rank stars?)

Deleted User
December 16, 2005, 10:21 pm
They evened it to a way I never even thought of, which I think is just great.
Bink actually exists in the barret now! And the delay gives the other person a chance to bink the barreter. AND the movement accuracy being lowered means this: if the movement accuracy was up, the bink could make the bullet go through the crosshairs. But since it goes near the crosshairs when shot almost always, the bink makes the bullet go away from it's target. <3 the change. Now if only we could fix the lag and some bugs.

FliesLikeABrick
December 16, 2005, 10:42 pm
the more the balance satisfies people, the more we can worry about finding and fixing bugs instead of tinkering with the balance

KeFear
December 16, 2005, 11:13 pm
I don't know why ppl enjoy when a weapon is [CENSORED]ed up (say, nerfed). Anyway, the campers aren't gone, they are just coming, since barret is now useless for anything else than camping.

But hey, there is one thing i never understood. The barret is always a hated weapon (unless you are a barret user yourselves): either it is used as it should be: during "camp", or even if the user finds it better in close combat.

I say, down with the stupid "democracy", don't listen to all the whiners and that's all. Don't nerf all the weapons down because some damned fool can't enjoy being shot with <random weapon here>. That's his problem i say.

Anyway, i aggree, let's just focus on bugs, forget about balance. Balance is a thing that will never happen, and MM (and the beta team ofcourse) shouldn't bother with it. True balance will only be if there are totally equal weapons (which is non-sense).

1.1.5 was way better than 1.3.1 because it had less bugs, or one could enjoy (in a silly way) the bugs.

Zero72
December 16, 2005, 11:17 pm
quote:Originally posted by KeFearI say, down with the stupid "democracy", don't listen to all the whiners and that's all. Don't nerf all the weapons down because some damned fool can't enjoy being shot with <random weapon here>. That's his problem i say.You've noticed just how many of these "damned fools" there are, yes?

matapatos
December 16, 2005, 11:39 pm
1.1.5 was way better then 1.3.1

Not true. You want to use barret, be a sniper, you want to walk around in the map like a mad, use another weapon like everybody else.

MisterX
December 16, 2005, 11:45 pm
quote:Originally posted by KeFearI say, down with the stupid "democracy", don't listen to all the whiners and that's all. Don't nerf all the weapons down because some damned fool can't enjoy being shot with <random weapon here>. That's his problem i say.
You can't know, but: You're wrong :)
You know we introduced the public beta discussion forum, so people can tell us their opinion about the weapons. But actually we didn't refer to the posts there too much (which doesn't mean we totally didn't). Why? Because many people are biased towards specific weapons and hate other weapons for senseless reasons. And just a few examples: Do you think the LAWers would've liked the delay added in version 1.3? Most people used LAW, yet it was drastically nerfed. Same counts for the knife and Barret in 1.3.1. Most people used knife, and a huge amount of people used Barret in 1.3, and I'm sure most of these didn't like that their favorite weapon got nerfed. Yet they were nerfed, for the balance's sake.
So be sure, balancing isn't based on what most people want, not at all.

GluLm
December 16, 2005, 11:45 pm
quote:KeFear was inspired and wrote:I don't know why ppl enjoy when a weapon is [CENSORED]ed up (say, nerfed). Anyway, the campers aren't gone, they are just coming, since barret is now useless for anything else than camping.

But hey, there is one thing i never understood. The barret is always a hated weapon (unless you are a barret user yourselves): either it is used as it should be: during "camp", or even if the user finds it better in close combat.

I say, down with the stupid "democracy", don't listen to all the whiners and that's all. Don't nerf all the weapons down because some damned fool can't enjoy being shot with <random weapon here>. That's his problem i say.

Anyway, i aggree, let's just focus on bugs, forget about balance. Balance is a thing that will never happen, and MM (and the beta team ofcourse) shouldn't bother with it. True balance will only be if there are totally equal weapons (which is non-sense).

1.1.5 was way better than 1.3.1 because it had less bugs, or one could enjoy (in a silly way) the bugs.
Sorry I *had to* quote it all. Precious stuffs there.
I agree to 100% with KeFear! I share the same point of view.
Being happy about weapons getting nerfed along the new versions... how silly can you be? Looks like only the bad whiners get what they want in the end anyway.

Deleted User
December 17, 2005, 12:08 am
quote:Originally posted by KeFearI say, down with the stupid "democracy", don't listen to all the whiners and that's all. Don't nerf all the weapons down because some damned fool can't enjoy being shot with <random weapon here>. That's his problem i say.

They must be whining for a reason. In 1.3.1, I've seen more weapon diversity in three games than I have during every game in 1.3. The barret has been nerfed in the most perfect way possible, it's still a good weapon, but it takes that small bit of skill that scares away all the idiots who just pick up a barret and fire.

The balance right now is the best it's ever been, so I agree, stop working on balancing and work on fixing the bugs.

BobJustBob
December 17, 2005, 12:11 am
Barret delay is the greatest feature ever added to soldat. :D!

bond_james_bond
December 17, 2005, 12:15 am
the only thing that would make it perfectly balanced is adding a delay to the M79! Or increasing the reload time...

DeLarge
December 17, 2005, 1:49 am
This topic is pointless.

Chonoryoku
December 17, 2005, 3:45 pm
quote:Originally posted by matapatos[b]
Not true. You want to use barret, be a sniper, you want to walk around in the map like a mad, use another weapon like everybody else.
Haha, you'd hate me then. Whenever I use a Barret I use it to rush people along with Socom/Saw and nades. :>

Raptor
December 17, 2005, 5:32 pm
quote:Originally posted by DeLargeThis topic is pointless.

Tell me why?

Marbire
December 17, 2005, 5:55 pm
quote:Originally posted by KeFearAnyway, the campers aren't gone, they are just coming, since barret is now useless for anything else than camping.

Useless for anything else than camping? Hahahhahahhahah! Practice.

Bug
December 17, 2005, 9:15 pm
Barret is anything but useless now. It's a weapon that takes some more skills to learn than it used to take. Now it's a good weapon.

Deleted User
December 17, 2005, 10:13 pm
Its now a much better weapon heh, the thing is as accurate as it was back in 1.2 and 1.2.1. The delay can only screw you over in upclose situations and if you're being accurately sprayed. Other then that, learn how to use a law or a knife, along with a hang of that delay and you have yourself a new barretard.

I do have to admit though, the barret is much better now in terms of power over 1.2.1. After a few days of DMing, its more of being able to kill the guy as fast as you can over binking him, and I havent really seen many 1.2.1 pros using rets yet. o.o;

DeLarge
December 18, 2005, 1:00 am
quote:Originally posted by Raptorquote:Originally posted by DeLargeThis topic is pointless.

Tell me why?

The topic you've written was an opinion. We all know Barrett whiners are over. Keep it as a reply next time.

Raptor
December 18, 2005, 1:50 am
^I just wanted to express myself, that's all. I didn't wanted anyone to post

TheRelinquished
December 18, 2005, 7:00 pm
Chill, DeLarge. This forum is all about opinions, buddy. ^_^

@Raptor

Yes, the barretards have been slain. But I've noticed the hungry eyed M79ers are picking up some frightening speed....

Raptor
December 19, 2005, 5:04 pm
Oh yea! I've noticed that too... but somehow it doesn't affect me too much.. at least by the moment.

Deleted User
December 19, 2005, 6:45 pm
1v1 hehe?

Barretards are not over.
only the newbie ones are.

headstone
December 19, 2005, 8:18 pm
I love playing in servers full of m79s... I can school them all with an AK.

lithium
December 19, 2005, 8:32 pm
Barretards gone? I beg to [CENSORED]ing differ. If anything, the ones I see are worse, since they're always camping, as opposed to the few who actually ran around and just had perfect aim in the old version. Anyway, I find it laughably easy to use the barret offensively even now.

.JeT
December 19, 2005, 11:32 pm
...I can still do it?

Saint-Cross
December 19, 2005, 11:35 pm
quote:Originally posted by bond_james_bondthe only thing that would make it perfectly balanced is adding a delay to the M79! Or increasing the reload time...

And make the m79 useless. It's already perfect.If you're unlucky enough to get close enough for a straight m79 hit, doesn't mean it needs delay because it can kill you 1 shot.