( search forums )
Update Reminder
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
m00`
December 16, 2005, 9:35 pm
Well i dont think that auto-update would work so how about adding a function in soldat that reminds you when a new version is out when you start soldat, because im honestly sick of people using the old version and not having a clue about new soldat, anyho the remidner will tell you that a new version of soldat is out and take you to the download page

Deleted User
December 17, 2005, 2:07 am
Yeah, that definetaly would help with the version slackers that don't know about it. I like it.

Deleted User
December 17, 2005, 2:10 am
since there is about 50/50 on who has the old and the new version, there would be 2X the whining =)
but yes, its a good idea.

Michal
December 17, 2005, 2:21 am
Yes, I like this. Has my support.

Kaider
December 17, 2005, 5:39 am
I really agree. This would be a great addition. I know alot of people don't even go on www.soldat.pl

peemonkey
December 17, 2005, 6:11 am
i havent been to soldat.pl in a year or more...
in favor i suppose, b00tsa's script on IRC says a shiite-load of people arent up to date

zyxstand
December 17, 2005, 5:45 pm
lol i had that same idea - but all i can say is that it's a great idea (duh). that way you won't have to check the website everyday. also, any other mini update info like a little box-like bulletin-board with latest info such as "new patch for dedicated server" or "soldat team match league", etc.

Havok
December 18, 2005, 3:39 pm
Hmm what we can try to make is something like steam steam is for games like counter-strike half life and that kind of games.
If michal and some other guys (ill help to) make something like that than you can choose auto update and we can put news in a window that pops up when you start the program that's easy :)

Regards,

Havok

Yukwunhang
December 18, 2005, 4:11 pm
http://www.enesce.com/files/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=39

m00`
December 19, 2005, 4:35 am
yuk how many newbies will actually look for that program and download it?

Saint-Cross
December 19, 2005, 5:07 am
maybe 20% of the Soldat players use/read the forums, and everyone on the forums knows about any new version since there's maybe 5 new complaints about the same thing everyday. :\

F@NTOM
December 19, 2005, 10:52 am
Nice idea, it should be implemented in the next version. ;)

Saint-Cross
December 19, 2005, 3:19 pm
quote:Originally posted by Saint-Crossmaybe 20% of the Soldat players use/read the forums, and everyone on the forums knows about any new version since there's maybe 5 new complaints about the same thing everyday. :
So it should be included in the next version. :]

numgun
December 19, 2005, 4:26 pm
if i can disable it, then yes.

Raptor
December 21, 2005, 12:43 am
quote:Originally posted by m00`yuk how many newbies will actually look for that program and download it?

OMG! That's completely true lol xD

Deleted User
December 27, 2005, 11:48 am
Thanks guys.

vash763
December 27, 2005, 1:15 pm
quote:Originally posted by numgunif i can disable it, then yes.

All it would be is something saying "Version x.x.x is out". No little pop up box, just a side thing. I would suggest that it doesn't force an upgrade.

bond_james_bond
December 27, 2005, 3:03 pm
A simple little line of text that runs across the bottom of the 'start' scene (where you select profiles and stuff). That's nice.

Deleted User
December 27, 2005, 3:13 pm
Very nice idea even if soldat is updating one time in 1 or 2 years. :)

Snipedmyself
December 27, 2005, 9:13 pm
Thanks for ripping off my idea 100%

edit=Link added:

[URL]

m00`
December 27, 2005, 11:04 pm
Snipedmyself, you might not know this but it probably got sugested atleast 10 times before you, so dont talk, and besides, who cares? it needs rementioning anyway

le-mec
December 27, 2005, 11:51 pm
Yes... maybe not an auto-update, but a little, simple line of text at the bottom of the "profiles" screen to remind you would be a very nice feature that can be ignored by those who don't want to update. Better yet, include a checkbox in the "Setup" application that can toggle the feature.

solohan50
December 30, 2005, 9:22 pm
How about a feature that allows you to search for updates through the Soldat program?