( search forums )
(soldat team please read) weps
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - 1.3.1 related complaints and/or whining -NO BUGS-
~sf~sadgoat
December 17, 2005, 7:48 am
i have played soldat since one of the very first versions and have enjoyed every single version more then the last UNTIL this one. i have used barrett since the beginning and knife for about 1.5 years now. sure in the beginning barrett was a n00b wep, but in version 1.3 u had to know what u were doing to use it properly. in this latest version u have almost gotten rid of almost all people who use barretts unless they camp. the weps werent unbalanced in version 1.3 at all. if in that version i was running along a guy with a machine gun if he had some skill could still kill me. now he would defintly kill me because it is 30% less accurate AND i lose any jump on a guy, which is the whole point of the barrett because if u cant fire first u will get hit and when u are hit ur aim goes to [CENSORED]. now not to mention the knife is no longer a last minute wep when u miss that barrett shot because now it too takes time to charge up for power. its like the soldat creators targeted people who use barrett/knife combo in this latest version. am i expected to now try to switch to a ruger or grenade launcher now? after like 3 years of using barrett? i dont mind the gun being even less accurate but having a start up time for the barrett kills the whole concept of even using a barrett

The Geologist
December 17, 2005, 9:12 am
*Paragraphs make your points nice and clear. A block of words makes things bothersome and hard to read.
*Correct me if I'm wrong, but do you see any soldiers running around with a barret and shooting tanks at point blank range? No? kthx.
*Maybe you should try other weapons than the barret and knife, because Soldat has a whole set of 'em.
*No one targeted you, the world doesn't revolve around you. People running around and shooting the barret point blank is more a problem than those who use it correctly (e.g. as a sniper weapon). You want to run and shoot? Get an auto/ruger/spas/deagles/any other weapon in the game.
*Practice more, then come back and tell is how the barret is ruined.
*There's already a barret/knife whining topic, no need for this one.
*Took me no more than a few games to get used to the new barret, and I'm on the beta team. I don't see why you think it's a problem, because it's certainly no less effective if you can use it with any skill.
*The weapon balance in 1.3 helped lead to this version of the barret, so no...weapons were not properly balanced then.

What you and so many other people seem to miss about Soldat is that there are (shockingly enough) other weapons than the barret and knife. Testing new versions and weapon balance is not about testing what makes the barret+knife the most effective 1337 combo in the game, it's about making all the weapons balance. Barret is a one shot weapon, it naturally has a range and power advantage. The delay, along with the knife delay, is meant to counter the rather overpowered nature of these one hit killers. If you've really played as long as you say you have, then I don't see how you can have a problem adjusting to these latest releases.

So a new version means you have to adapt...so what? Is that seriously the end of your enjoyment of this game? If so, that's pretty damn sad and I don't think that MM nor anyone else can do anything to help you. When you learn to truely enjoy the game and appeals other than barret+knife, then come back and talk to us about weapon balance. Until then, at least save it for pre-existing barret/knife whining topics. It's nothing new by any means.

Da cHeeSeMaN
December 17, 2005, 10:11 am
actually i wass using the barret yesterday and found i could hit much more than normal (i was never good with barret) because holding the button down gave me a little bit more time to aim properly

F@NTOM
December 17, 2005, 12:19 pm
Just try and adapt to the new barret, the same thing happened to the people with rugers, myself included, just continue using the new "ballanced" barret or change to another weap.

Pigtard
December 17, 2005, 5:10 pm
quote:Originally posted by ~sf~sadgoatam i expected to now try to switch to a ruger or grenade launcher now? after like 3 years of using barrett?

Uhhh...yes? Adapt to new weapons, I've had every single weapon (Except minigun) as my primary over the years I've played, and I've been pretty decent with majority of them. I currently use the deagles, however, I believe that will change within a month or two, because I enjoy adapting to new weapons, and awakening hidden skills I've never seen before. If you don't like the new barret or knife, then just pick a new gun or quit, it's that simple. Kthxbai.

A.L.blackhawk
December 17, 2005, 5:26 pm
quote:Originally posted by Pigtardquote:Originally posted by ~sf~sadgoatam i expected to now try to switch to a ruger or grenade launcher now? after like 3 years of using barrett?

Uhhh...yes? Adapt to new weapons, I've had every single weapon (Except minigun) as my primary over the years I've played, and I've been pretty decent with majority of them. I currently use the deagles, however, I believe that will change within a month or two, because I enjoy adapting to new weapons, and awakening hidden skills I've never seen before. If you don't like the new barret or knife, then just pick a new gun or quit, it's that simple. Kthxbai.

Heya pigtard!!! :P long time...

i find im alot better with the rugur now then before and the knife is awsome because of the delay so it gives you a moment to pick your throw.
Now its more fun to try out different weapons, due to the last version where they were boring(the weapons) this gives you delays and so on..

headstone
December 17, 2005, 5:27 pm
quote:actually i wass using the barret yesterday and found i could hit much more than normal (i was never good with barret) because holding the button down gave me a little bit more time to aim properly

true

I experienced the exact same thing.