( search forums )
Barret Delay; not solving the problem
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - 1.3.1 related complaints and/or whining -NO BUGS-
Pyroguy
December 17, 2005, 4:58 pm
Alrighty, in 1.3.1, you added a Berret delay before firing. At first, I thought it would be good; but it really doesn't help solve the problem of run and gun berreters in the first place. I think you should require people to crouch or prone to use berret (like LAW) and dont give a delay. With the delay, you may give people the extra time to put some bullets into the people who use the berrets, but it makes the berret almost useless as a sniper (with zoom) because people will move into your normal view before you can get a shot off. So make it like the LAW, not with a delay, please. Im not a run-and-gun berret user; I use it for the scope. Yeah, I will occasionally pop a shot off if someone gets close, but I use my socom to waste them.

Chakra`
December 17, 2005, 6:22 pm
Well it's a touchy subject guv...

If you make it a strictly sniper weapon, you're promoting camping. If we abolish camping, it becomes a strictly 'railgun' weapon. People aren't sure which they hate more ...campers, or railgunners.

Deleted User
December 17, 2005, 7:23 pm
pfft.

karmazon
December 17, 2005, 7:52 pm
just remove the barret, and bam no more barret whining

Pigtard
December 17, 2005, 8:10 pm
No, don't remove the barret, remove the WHINERS. kthx.

mar77a
December 17, 2005, 8:43 pm
kazown3d.

I think it's a good idea, camping is good and not easy with binnk and the delay.

Deleted User
December 17, 2005, 10:04 pm
"WORD"
But in leo's "The BARRET" is ordinary ... That suxx.(I HATE IDIO* )CAMPERS
( , )Y( , )

FliesLikeABrick
December 17, 2005, 11:56 pm
so many people have posted to say what a good idea the barret delay was, and very few have posted to say that it sucks... which do you think is right?

I think making it a crouch/prone-only with no delay would make the problem worse than it is now. the delay is there for a reason, whereas you can crouch, aim, and shoot very quickly... just look at how effective people have always been with the law

aapo
December 18, 2005, 4:06 pm
Problem with delay is that it screws up the rhytm. As a skilled player you have to take many things into account: dodging, watching teammates, running like hell to get into good position... Targeting the enemy is a split-second motion before pulling the trigger - before enemy does.

I understand there are different playing styles ranging from Rapid Movement to Keeping The Ground. Barret is now only viable when hiding in that bush, staying motionless and hoping the enemy won't see you.

The End
December 19, 2005, 4:07 pm
Actually it takes a moment or two to get used to the delay and after that you'll barely notice it.
The camping is still an option, but with an added advantage that if you see an enemy enter your range when you're still in delay you can let go aim and kill him. It is agreeably only a slight advantage, but an advanatge never the less. You can still play it rambo style with the barret if you are a good enough dodger (I like to think myself as a decend one with the occasional fatal flaw, but also with barret bullets dodged from 1m away (from the shooter)

Anyway...
Barret delay: Good or Bad?
It takes a while to get used to, but I'd say it's either both or slighly in favour of "Good"

Deleted User
December 19, 2005, 7:22 pm
Just like the law, the slightest lag in the servers makes delay time for shots like 2 seconds. Unless you have <100 ping stable,you cant kill with it unless it's a fluke.
Way to ruin the weapon completely.

The Geologist
December 19, 2005, 7:27 pm
Way to overexhaggerate. Don't blame the game if you have connection issues. As was said above, there have been so many people who talk about the delay in a positive manner..how is the weapon completly ruined? Sounds like you can't cut the mustard and get used to a delay of less than a second.

frogboy
December 19, 2005, 11:36 pm
quote:Originally posted by Gen0cide`Unless you have <100 ping stable,you cant kill with it unless it's a fluke.
I was killing with Barret fine on U13 and llsc with 200-300 ping.

Deleted User
December 20, 2005, 6:43 am
Barret isn't ruined, silly, it's made easier!!! Now you don't have to worry about stabilizing!!! There's delay!!!!!! Stabilize in the delay and make sure you get your sights lined up in that delay too!!! :)

MisterX
December 20, 2005, 10:26 am
I just want to note that it's a false conclusion that Barret is easier in 1.3.1. There is one thing that makes it seem as if it's easier: Because of the time you have to wait until you can fire, most people also stop moving, so the shot is more accurate than if they were moving. In 1.3 you could shoot right away. That's why many people also fired while moving, and therefore shot less accurate. But this doesn't mean that it wasn't possible to stop moving and wait a small period of time before you fired.

menoenglish
December 20, 2005, 7:37 pm
Delay's crap in first person shooters. people are whining for a bit of lag.

Just remove the crosshair in regular sight, but get it back in zoom. result: no noobbarretards, still sniper.

Deleted User
December 20, 2005, 10:37 pm
quote:Originally posted by menoenglishDelay's crap in first person shooters. people are whining for a bit of lag.

Just remove the crosshair in regular sight, but get it back in zoom. result: no noobbarretards, still sniper.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh no

may get take away the delay and incease time in between shots

schenardie
December 21, 2005, 12:19 am
quote:Originally posted by FliesLikeABrickso many people have posted to say what a good idea the barret delay was, and very few have posted to say that it sucks... which do you think is right?

I think making it a crouch/prone-only with no delay would make the problem worse than it is now. the delay is there for a reason, whereas you can crouch, aim, and shoot very quickly... just look at how effective people have always been with the law

these delay sux a lot man... most brazilian players was barreters and 95% stoped play soldat just beause u ppl [CENSORED]ed then just beacuse u dont play with it

Discusting

Deleted User
December 21, 2005, 12:42 am
My god, im surprised people havent adapted to that delay yet. The thing was so easy to use when I was playing in 1.3.1, I guess that shows you how quickly people take notice of new advantages. Back ontopic though, the delay really only slowed barretards down a bit. You seriously should have kept the movementacc on it, or whatever is making it alot more accurate, because that promotes movement and firing. All they have to do is get around the delay.

schenardie
December 22, 2005, 11:39 am
quote:Originally posted by ExtacideMy god, im surprised people havent adapted to that delay yet. The thing was so easy to use when I was playing in 1.3.1, I guess that shows you how quickly people take notice of new advantages. Back ontopic though, the delay really only slowed barretards down a bit. You seriously should have kept the movementacc on it, or whatever is making it alot more accurate, because that promotes movement and firing. All they have to do is get around the delay.

The delay problem is if im running its kinda 150% harder shoot, people with barrets have no chances any more, till the delay pass i get ownded 4 a auto or m79

m00`
December 22, 2005, 12:07 pm
the no crosshair idea is the best

Lolly
December 22, 2005, 8:27 pm
Remove the delay, make it crouch-only, like the old law.

Bam. Solv'd.

Megadeth
December 28, 2005, 11:12 pm
quote:Originally posted by JellyBarret isn't ruined, silly, it's made easier!!! Now you don't have to worry about stabilizing!!! There's delay!!!!!! Stabilize in the delay and make sure you get your sights lined up in that delay too!!! :)

You're right.
Barret is somehow much more accurate. As a 1-hit-kill-gun fan, i really though i would have to chose another favorite gun when i read the changelog, but after a few minutes playing with it i realized that the delay didn't make any difference.
I agree that snipers should be used only by campers, but in soldat you can rush with barret and if things get hard just pop out your socom (the best secondary, because now knife and law are as hostile as chainsaw). Actually, you can take out an enemy with an auto (like AK or Minimi, mp5 is harder due to it speed) using socom, its fire rate and damage are incredible.