( search forums )
explosion effect
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
zyxstand
December 17, 2005, 5:48 pm
if you've played like hl2 (i believe has it) or dod, there's this ting where when you get hit by an explosion you hear some weird ringing in your ear for a couple of second (which soldat has too) but your vision also gets blurred for a sec or two. it would be cool if sodlat had that where you get hit so badly your cursor will be thrown off and you can't use it normally for 2 seconds and other such effects...

FliesLikeABrick
December 17, 2005, 5:49 pm
I think that soldat is too fast-paced for this. If it happened this way, everyone who gets hit by a grenade would be screwed and dead right away... it just isn't mean for this kind of game

matapatos
December 17, 2005, 8:38 pm
i agree with flies.

The Geologist
December 17, 2005, 8:42 pm
If Soldat was first person then I would agree with this suggestion. But it's 2-D, sidescrolling, etc..we're watching the game as opposed to seeing it through the eyes of our Soldat. With that in mind, I don't think these effects would be worthwhile. This is an addition to what Flies already stated.

Echo_Trail
December 17, 2005, 9:24 pm
"...the cursor would be thrown off"
you mean like on realistic, when you have barret, your +hair get's big when shot at?
if so, i cannot back up this idea, since have to buy a new monitor almost every time that happens. Sooooo irritating. It's a nice feature though.
Anyway, if your screen would become all blurry and stuff, that'd be cool. It should only last 1,5 - 2 secs though, based on soldat being a "speedy" game.

Deleted User
December 17, 2005, 10:24 pm
A blurred screen would do it.