( search forums )
Name changin on registered soldat, is it possible?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Silphatos
December 18, 2005, 12:55 am
Hi there. I have 2 Soldat 1.3.1 servers currently, I've decided to ban players who use cracked registry keys of Soldat. So I wanted them to send me their main menu screen of soldat because of "registered to: ****" thing. However I wanna ask something about this issue, can they change the registered name on main menu via editing registry key or something? Thanks a lot, I won't let them crack-lover idiots to play on my server, 9$ is nothing at all.

DeLarge
December 18, 2005, 12:58 am
Press the 'Print Screen' key on your keyboard. Next, open MS Paint, and proceed to Edit, and Paste.

Silphatos
December 18, 2005, 1:04 am
lol wtf? did you really understand my question like this?

Deleted User
December 18, 2005, 1:25 am
If they have any skills at all, they can easily edit the name in Paint. How do you expect to get people to go to the trouble to send you a screenshot of their main menu just to play on a server, anyways?

Silphatos
December 18, 2005, 2:19 am
I just want to know that can registry be edited.
Also my servers are not public and not monitored on serverlist. So there is a unique crowd.

person
December 18, 2005, 3:00 am
a) No one is going to edit their registry just to change the name.

b) The people above have a point. No one is going to play on your server if they have to send you anything at all.

If you wanted people to send you a picture, they can easily edit the image if they actually wanted to send it to you. Also: do you have a list of every cracked reg key and the name of their owner?

Good intention, but I don't think it's possible to successfully stop people from playing the game unless a known cracked reg key is made redundant by Michal in future versions of the game, currently.

There could be a "confirmed" list which can be distributed to servers who wish to apply this practise without having to wait for the next software update, however.

-DoA-Pero-SLO-
December 18, 2005, 9:58 am
Its not a crack its just a guy sends his reg key to other people.

Deleted User
December 18, 2005, 10:55 am
Answer:
No. The registered names are encrypted in the actual registration string. However, if you get them to send you a screenshot of their menu, then yes they can edit it. I would suggest you find another way of getting their rego name by either making them run a program which grabs it from registry or memory.