( search forums )
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
ksuty
December 18, 2005, 3:59 pm
you know in soldat there should be a log in so that player can have a friends list and that to players who arent in there game that would be better to recrut players and players can get there acuratcy count and there ranks much much more if every one in soldat had a log in like stats. all they need to know is s/n and pass.

Deleted User
December 18, 2005, 9:00 pm
I have a tip for you. People are much more likely to consider your idea if you write it legitimately and literately. This is not an SMS message.

ksuty
December 18, 2005, 9:17 pm
better?

Deleted User
December 18, 2005, 9:19 pm
Nice idea, although im pretty positive with how Soldat works, its impossible without rechanging the game. Its possible for single servers, such as www.u13.net with their statistics scripts, for freinds you can just use things such as Xfire, but to put that into soldat, it would have to make room for quite a bit of changes from the way I see it.

ksuty
December 19, 2005, 2:09 pm
I know it would take time but wouldnt be worth it when you play soldat and you are in the middle of a game and you are waiting to join a clan and some one IM's you so u have to quit the game to read the IM but with a privet chat in game a little box pops up and you read what it says and type your responce.

LUNATIC COW
December 19, 2005, 3:04 pm
The rank would be based on kills, time, or kill/death ratio?

Deleted User
December 19, 2005, 3:26 pm
Word
( , )Y( , )

FliesLikeABrick
December 19, 2005, 9:30 pm
stats have a tendency to ruin gameplay, I don't think this kind of thing should be incorporated into the game on a global basis

Deleted User
December 19, 2005, 9:48 pm
I dont know... could be good with friends list and such.

BobJustBob
December 20, 2005, 1:04 am
The only thing I'd really want is name security, only you can play with that name unless you unregister it (similar to IRC and such)

Echo_Trail
December 20, 2005, 7:30 am
i dunno,... i like this. Pehaps you should be able to uncheck this feature in the setup thing. That way you could disable this, but it wouldn't be like whenever you had a bad match, you can just not send data for registration. Sure sounds fun, but i gotta say FLAB is on to something.
What we could do instead, was making to official ranking sites instead. 1 for real, and 1 for normal.

aprilninety
December 20, 2005, 8:17 am
"stats ruin the game" from the guy that made the stats scripts himself...

i'll go with flies. but men do love competition, and that will make the game more fun for a lot of people...

edak
December 20, 2005, 8:23 am
Stats are good, but the central chat/lobby ability and name registration would be great!

m00`
December 20, 2005, 12:54 pm
quote:Originally posted by aprilninety"stats ruin the game" from the guy that made the stats scripts himself...

i'll go with flies. but men do love competition, and that will make the game more fun for a lot of people...

quote:Originally posted by FliesLikeABrickI don't think this kind of thing should be incorporated into the game on a global basis

numgun
December 20, 2005, 1:22 pm
uh? soldat -> runescape?
ummm, no.

ksuty
December 20, 2005, 1:53 pm
not at all like runescape but some people would like to see their rankings and some people that we meet online and that person has killed you a ton of times u can make a game to sstle yourr score with that person but unless you have that persons AIM or MSN screen mane you woyld porbaly see that person once or twice again. but with the friends list you can be in contact this would also be great for rounding up clan menbers.

December 20, 2005, 2:02 pm
it would have problems.

i could have a second comp and kill my other comp's char until i'm level 99,999,999,999

or, i could just take money.

stats are not good, they take the fun away. If you talk to someone, the reply will be "stfu n00b, i'm almost level 40"

but the clan idea is pretty good, but can be fustrating.

firebug80
December 20, 2005, 5:26 pm
doo the log in thing it will make this game better in every way

mike323
December 20, 2005, 5:35 pm
I agree with the friends list thing, but no stats except for maybe a joined date. The friends list would be great because when you start up soldat, and log in at the log in screen, it would automatically show you up as signed on and in the menu or in a game on a new tab called your friends list. Then, a chat strip at the bottom would enable you to talk out of the menu.

I would be willing to spend extra money on soldat if it costs.

ksuty
December 21, 2005, 6:24 pm
well in the stats it would only increse online not aganst bots. or a better idea mabey clan log ins like you log in your clan in a data base and your clan stats go up or down in clan matchs?

quickslash
December 21, 2005, 8:09 pm
Well I say if we could have friends list or like a person searcher 2 look for ur friends I mean where they are playing. For stats only like a K/D Ratio but it Would be optional for certain servers or it could say weapons u get killed by number of times u were killed by it, number of times u killed with it, and suicides. But that would take a lot of work maybbe if this was a game you had 2 buy.

DeLarge
December 21, 2005, 8:47 pm
There's no point for registering accounts in Soldat.

Vanana
December 22, 2005, 1:15 am
i would like to have an account so u can have a friend list... and maybe ADD A CHAT TO THE LOBBY!!!, and being able to see who else is in the lobby, and able to pm them :)
i would realy like that...

DePhille
December 22, 2005, 6:01 pm
You'll also have to think about the problems.
What if the nickname server crashes (Like the forums do?) , then no-one will be able to play Soldat or everyone can fake identities (which has then become more attractive).
The nickname service should be an option , not a basic implementation.
That's why I think you should use NR service.

The friendslist is a good idea (I already created such a program: Soldat BuddyList) but it should not be implemented in Soldat. It should (again) be an option , Friendslists have the same problems as the Nickname service (Server crash = no friendslist) plus they often get buggy very fast (Networking is one of the most difficult things) abnd thus requiring new updates rapidly , without the need of having to launch a whole new Soldat just for the friendslist.

Grtz , DePhille

ksuty
December 24, 2005, 7:13 pm
quote:Originally posted by DePhille"You'll also have to think about the problems.
What if the nickname server crashes (Like the forums do?) , then no-one will be able to play Soldat or everyone can fake identities (which has then become more attractive).
The nickname service should be an option , not a basic implementation.
That's why I think you should use NR service.

The friendslist is a good idea (I already created such a program: Soldat BuddyList) but it should not be implemented in Soldat. It should (again) be an option , Friendslists have the same problems as the Nickname service (Server crash = no friendslist) plus they often get buggy very fast (Networking is one of the most difficult things) abnd thus requiring new updates rapidly , without the need of having to launch a whole new Soldat just for the friendslist."

Grtz , DePhille

OK 1st problem you can have 2 serevrs or a back up server that doesnt run on log ins (just like the soldat right now)so IF it crashes then you can use the back up or the 2nd one.
2nd problem people do that every were so its bound to happend AND WHO CARES IF YOU WANT TO "BE MORE ATTRATIVE"?? if you want a screen name like sexy babe i dont really care its a freedom of chose
and I'm no asking to launch a whole new soldat for this abilaty i will wait till more bugs are fixed or more things are added
PS-(for my modderator) IF YOUR GOING TO MODDERATE ME YOU SHOULD CHECK WHAT FORUMS I RIGHT ONCE IN A WHILE I HAVE FORUMS THAT ARENT MODDED YET FROM THE 19th

DePhille
December 25, 2005, 9:46 am
ksuty:
First of all , where will we get those "backup" servers , they need to be dedicated servers capable of running a heavy program that monitors all the users , this costs alot and Michal won't pay that alone.
Also , setting up mirrors is very hard to do because you need some centralized database splitted up on both servers (I know what I'm talking about).
And for the name thing: People have faked me sometimes before and I'm not popular or something. How many people have you seen with the name "Michal Marcinkowski" I've seen hundreds of them already.
You're right with the idea that this should not be in Soldat , such programs are very buggy in the first stages so it'll require Soldat to update frequently and secondly , if you know the Counter-Strike friendslist you know it aint a good idea to have a built-in friendlist.
PS: A friendslist requirs accounts since most users don't have a static IP address

Grtz , DePhille

ksuty
December 26, 2005, 12:01 am
yea but wat are they going to do with the name like Michal Marcinkowski ?

Lupine1647
December 26, 2005, 8:27 pm
Like someone has previously stated, do something in terms of a Nickserv in IRC. You have the option of registering it so no one else can use it. So if for instance the nickname server does go down, you would still be able to play. That would be the only reason I see use for a registration system. A chatroom/stats on a global scale i think would be just useless.

ksuty
December 29, 2005, 2:50 am
yea i just hate when you are play and your winning but some one IM's you and u get put out and then u lose

Ken the Great
December 29, 2005, 4:06 pm
I think that there would be some service like you could registrate your nickname which would give some special features like buddylist and statistics over you, and if there would be a button like "update your stats to the server" or something which would send the stats to some database of nicks you could have ranks and such... this would be on the client side..

I don't know if this would cause lag or is even impossible to make, but it would be fun with something like that =)

DePhille
December 29, 2005, 5:28 pm
I think those features should stay available for Fan Apps.
I'm not saying I'm going to make such a program but maybe someone else will.
Implementing such a thing in the Soldat game itself will just take away a tiny part of the community.

Grtz , DePhille

Drink Bloody Water
January 24, 2006, 12:10 pm
Well, I like the idea so cause u dont have to stalk other players into a server to chat with them. they could just IM you. Not all people have AIM yahoo msn icq xfire ts and all that other stuff